5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal clunking sound when turning on truck

mynameisante

Reaction score
The last three or four days, I've been hearing and feeling a metal "clunk" in the rear when I would turn on my truck. Is it the auto parking brake? I have that option set to "on." Regardless if that's on or off, I always use my parking brake so I'd assume it's the same deal whether or not I have the auto turned on?

2021 Rebel 4x4

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I start my truck I hit the brake , push the start button and immediately let go of the brake and it doesn’t clunk .

mynameisante

Reaction score
Hm, I'll try that. If I remember correctly, I do keep my foot on the brake for a bit after turning it on

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CaliRebel

Reaction score
When I start my truck I hit the brake , push the start button and immediately let go of the brake and it doesn’t clunk .
Ditto.
Someone on the forums put a camera under their truck to see if maybe they could see what was going on when they started it.
It turns out it was the driveshaft moving when the truck starts.
I was having the same issue, then I started letting go of the brake when I started the truck. Problem solved (y)

Users who are viewing this thread