5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory settings and key fobs

dtsrt

Reaction score
I have '19 Limited which has the 12" Uconnect.
Myself and the wife have set up the memory seats, mirrors, and our separate radio preset stations settings with mine being setting 1 and hers setting 2.
We then went on the SiriusXM setting and created two separate profiles. Hers is the star avatar and mine is the sunglass avatar.
I then set the link to each key fob following the simple "ignition in off position, press setting # (1 or 2), press S, then press setting # (1or 2) again, then press LOCK on fob. Pretty simple deal.
Prior to doing all this I read the user manual I downloaded on how to do all of this and wrote the instructions down on paper of which I took out to the truck to do all this. what I am saying here is that there is NO WAY I did the set up of the memory settings and fob linking wrong.

HOWEVER........while the separate key fobs will set the seats and mirrors as they should be it will NOT change the radio presets to the correct key fob. If the wife has driven the truck and then I go out to use it, reading my fob, the seats and mirrors move to my settings but the radio will remain on her profile and radio station settings.
What I have done is; unlinked and linked the fobs, deleted and redone the Siriusxm profiles and radio station settings, and re-adjusted and saved the seat and mirror memory settings. Done this so many times I have lost count. And done all of those in various order.
I am so frustrated with this!!
Went to dealership yesterday and they had no clue. Tech said no current software updates are available.

ANYBODY......can anyone give me some help or ideas of what to do or try next??
Sorry about the long rant...

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm, the truck off thing makes me think that's the problem, in my head, you should have to have the truck on, and switch profiles on the radio and then save the new profile to the new Memory setting, and then associate the key fob with it.

dtsrt

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I think for sure I did what you stated.

Per the owners manual (pages 44 thru 46) you must have the ignition in the "RUN" mode when setting the seat, mirrors, and radio stations to memory. I did that to the letter as memory setting 1 and then assisted the wife when she got her settings where she needed and saved as memory 2. THEN, according to the manual again, when linking the fob(s) you must have the ignition in the "OFF" position, then press either 1 or 2 then press the S and then press the 1 or 2 again then press LOCK on the fob you are linking with that particular setting number, within 10 seconds.
Simple as can be and I have done it over and over.
I am just frustrated that something that is supposed to work a certain way, (according to the owners manual), is not working. Sure, it's a simple deal just to go switch the profile with a few taps on the screen, BUT it is not suppose to be that way.
I am trying to find some owners that have the memory seat option and maybe also the 12" UConnect that may have experienced this issue. Of course most maybe do not have another person that drives their truck where they never use the second fob and have no need to do a 2nd memory setting for the seats and ect..
I am just searching for some answers.

Thanks again.

dtsrt

Reaction score
Called Customer Care yesterday about this. The person I spoke to said this issue has NEVER been reported before according to his research on it. UNBELIEVABLE!
He then called dealership and spoke to advisor I have been dealing with. Star Case has not been filed yet...hmmm. Was advised it is being done though......hmmm.
He advised me Star Case must be filed before it will be looked into.
Very, very disappointed.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Myself and the wife have set up the memory seats, mirrors, and our separate radio preset stations settings with mine being setting 1 and hers setting 2.
We then went on the SiriusXM setting and created two separate profiles. Hers is the star avatar and mine is the sunglass avatar.
I then set the link to each key fob following the simple "ignition in off position, press setting # (1 or 2), press S, then press setting # (1or 2) again, then press LOCK on fob. Pretty simple deal.
Prior to doing all this I read the user manual I downloaded on how to do all of this and wrote the instructions down on paper of which I took out to the truck to do all this. what I am saying here is that there is NO WAY I did the set up of the memory settings and fob linking wrong.

HOWEVER........while the separate key fobs will set the seats and mirrors as they should be it will NOT change the radio presets to the correct key fob. If the wife has driven the truck and then I go out to use it, reading my fob, the seats and mirrors move to my settings but the radio will remain on her profile and radio station settings.
What I have done is; unlinked and linked the fobs, deleted and redone the Siriusxm profiles and radio station settings, and re-adjusted and saved the seat and mirror memory settings. Done this so many times I have lost count. And done all of those in various order.
Went to dealership yesterday and they had no clue. Tech said no current software updates are available.

Easy.... Don't let your wife drive your truck

grinch72

Reaction score

Set everything up as you want for person 1.. go ahead and ONLY have that key on you. Press S-1 and then immediately lock the truck with the key fob.

Go back and do the same for person 2 but also change the profile on the radio to person 2... the hit S 2 and then immediately lock the truck with key fob 2.

That is what worked for me. I had to make sure the other key fob wasn't around when I did it!

dtsrt

Reaction score
Oh yeah.. I did that, put the fob I was not setting in the house, a good 50' away.. also changed profiles on the radio as you stated. Like my other post stated, I followed the manuals instructions to the letter.
What I notice in your remarks is one step you did not do that I did and is what the manual stated to do.. is that you did not press memory setting #, then S, then memory setting # again prior to pressing Lock on the fob. You did the "press S, press 1 (or 2) then press Lock on the fob......NOW... when you did the fob linking what was the ignition setting at??
RUN or OFF?? The manual states if is to be in the OFF position is why I am asking.

Thanks for helping!!

grinch72

Reaction score
Set everything up as you want for person 1.. go ahead and ONLY have that key on you. Press S-1 and then immediately lock the truck with the key fob.

Go back and do the same for person 2 but also change the profile on the radio to person 2... the hit S 2 and then immediately lock the truck with key fob 2.
Oh yeah.. I did that, put the fob I was not setting in the house, a good 50' away.. also changed profiles on the radio as you stated. Like my other post stated, I followed the manuals instructions to the letter.
What I notice in your remarks is one step you did not do that I did and is what the manual stated to do.. is that you did not press memory setting #, then S, then memory setting # again prior to pressing Lock on the fob. You did the "press S, press 1 (or 2) then press Lock on the fob......NOW... when you did the fob linking what was the ignition setting at??
RUN or OFF?? The manual states if is to be in the OFF position is why I am asking.

Thanks for helping!!
Correct. I simply pressed S the # and then as soon as the truck was in the OFF position I locked WHILE I was sitting in the truck with the fob in my hand. I can make a video BUT it works as expected. if I unlocked the car with either fob the car pulls up that memory location and the radio changes to the correct profile.

dtsrt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help grinch72. Don't want you going to the hassle of a video.
BUT, one more question.: when you went to the OFF mode to link the fob(s) did you press the S and the memory # prior to LOCK on the fob? OR did you set your settings up in the RUN mode, press S, then #1 (or 2), then switch ignition to OFF and just press LOCK on the fob?

Thanks again.

grinch72

Reaction score
Thanks for the help grinch72. Don't want you going to the hassle of a video.
BUT, one more question.: when you went to the OFF mode to link the fob(s) did you press the S and the memory # prior to LOCK on the fob? OR did you set your settings up in the RUN mode, press S, then #1 (or 2), then switch ignition to OFF and just press LOCK on the fob?

Thanks again.
Sorry bud. Busy weekend. I set it while the truck was running with the engine off. Turned it off and clicked lock. I’ll make a video of it working when I get a chance.

dtsrt

Reaction score
My truck just has issues I guess. I have set these fobs every which way possible. Did it how you described also, twice, with out success.
what has me puzzled is how you did your set up. Manual said do settings with ignition in run mode but do not start engine. You did yours with engine running, or I believe that is how I am understanding you. Then manual says link fob(s) with ignition in OFF mode and press your setting #, press S, then your setting # again, then pressw Lock on the fob.
What I understand you saying is you did not press the settings #'s when you linked your fob(s). Only turned the ignition to off then hit lock on the fob(s). That blows me away.
You were able to link your fobs that way.
I wonder if my issue could be somehow related to the Limited model??
I had a 2019 Laramie for 6 months but did not try setting up two profiles or settings as the wife hated that Laramie and refused to drive it.........LOL......that's why I got rid of it and got the Limited..she liked those....Maybe should have kept the Laramie and told her to stick to her Challenger! However the saying is; happy wife, happy life!
Anyways I do appreciate your help and time very much!

Mikark

Reaction score

I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 same problem. What I did was go out to the truck and opened the door and programmed everything with the truck OFF. I had the seats already set and everything else like radio mirrors etc. I went into the house for 15 min. Went outside and without even sitting in the seat I programmed #1 (S then 1) Right after that I programmed the fob (#1 then S then lock) everything worked. I see this is an older post maybe this will help you or someone else.

ShawnR

Reaction score
My truck just has issues I guess. I have set these fobs every which way possible. Did it how you described also, twice, with out success.
what has me puzzled is how you did your set up. Manual said do settings with ignition in run mode but do not start engine. You did yours with engine running, or I believe that is how I am understanding you. Then manual says link fob(s) with ignition in OFF mode and press your setting #, press S, then your setting # again, then pressw Lock on the fob.
What I understand you saying is you did not press the settings #'s when you linked your fob(s). Only turned the ignition to off then hit lock on the fob(s). That blows me away.
You were able to link your fobs that way.
I wonder if my issue could be somehow related to the Limited model??
I had a 2019 Laramie for 6 months but did not try setting up two profiles or settings as the wife hated that Laramie and refused to drive it.........LOL......that's why I got rid of it and got the Limited..she liked those....Maybe should have kept the Laramie and told her to stick to her Challenger! However the saying is; happy wife, happy life!
Anyways I do appreciate your help and time very much!
I just purchased a 2021 & am having the same issue. Did you ever get it figured out?

Users who are viewing this thread