5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats

dsuarez21

Reaction score
Having issues with my seats memory. I try programming them and message shows seat programmed however when I recall it, the seat moves all the way back and the seat back reclines almost all the way. I am second owner so not sure if it was previously programmed and cant reset it. Any one had this happen or does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks

GSOLCT

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, with mine it will memorize everything except the seat back position I have found out through trial and error. Which I really annoying since I like to sit up straight. It's such a small problem I don't want to go to the dealer for it, at the same time it's a brand new car and everything should work.

GSOLCT

Reaction score
Hey figured it out, you need to recline the seat all the way back while to he seat is all the way up and it fixes it.

dsuarez21

Reaction score
Hey figured it out, you need to recline the seat all the way back while to he seat is all the way up and it fixes it.
Can you repeat that? Did you say recline the seat all the way back while the seat is all the way up

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
there's a seat reset step someone posted awhile ago I saw. Ultimately it reset the "memory" of the seat and memory setting/recall worked properly after that. Try doing a search.

Tom488

Reaction score
Looks like this is the thread in question:

Essentially, it says that with the engine running, move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back, then run the seat back fully reclined, then all the way forward, to allow the truck to re-learn the min/max limits.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to wipe out all previously saved settings including radio, mirror, etc?

Tom488

Reaction score
Is there a way to wipe out all previously saved settings including radio, mirror, etc?
You can't "erase" either profile, but you can overwrite them with new settings. Set everything the way you want it, press 'S', then press '1' or '2' to overwrite either profile with the current settings

DaleD

Reaction score
Looks like this is the thread in question:

Essentially, it says that with the engine running, move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back, then run the seat back fully reclined, then all the way forward, to allow the truck to re-learn the min/max limits.
I just had this issue. I tried what you suggested and it works fine now. Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread