5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The Company Building HELLCAT Rebel TRX Replicas:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Meet The Company Building HELLCAT Rebel TRX Replicas:
Thinus De Beer From US Truck Sales Tells All...

IMG_2541-780x405.jpg

Ram Rebel TRX Replica. (US Truck Sales)

A few months ago I was approached by US Truck Sales on our Instagram page for 5thGenRams. They were looking for some information on the all new 2019 Ram 1500. During our conversation they mentioned that they have been building HELLCAT powered Rebel TRX replicas and some cool other builds. I asked them if they would send me a little write-up about themselves and their builds. This is what Thinus De Beer from US Truck Sales had to say:

“We specialize in changing the Rams over to right-hand drive and back in 2005 we basically started the business because I really badly wanted an SRT-10 Viper truck for myself and figured if we sold a couple in South Africa I could save a little on my own truck.

Since then we have changed more than 300 trucks over to right-hand drive.

A big spinoff from this business was obviously that each new owner wanted to individualise their trucks and we started customizing vehicles with lift kits, suspensions, body kits, and engine and drivetrain mods. We also realized in 2012 when Ram Trucks released the RAM 392 (the 2012 Ram Urban Concept) concept truck that a lot of the previous SRT-10 owners was pretty hungry for a performance version of the RAMS and we decided to start with our own SRT version by fitting SRT-8 crate motors into the Rams for customers. The package not only included the engine but we upgraded the brakes by fitting bigger front rotors and calipers supplied by SSBC. The exhaust system also gets a custom set of headers and 76mm exhaust system. We had to remove the speed limiter on the vehicle and this was done with Diablo’s products, also allowing us to load custom software for the 6.4-liter Engine.

To read the complete article, click the link below...

https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-company-building-hellcat-rebel-trx-replicas/

Users who are viewing this thread