5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Our New Long-Term Tester: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nicely done, first step custom plates lol.

The truck is going to stay virtually stock for the most part for the first year... we will be doing a lot of real-world testing on this truck. None of that we had the truck for the weekend stuff. But it will be getting the factory running boards and electronic trailer brake controller installed. A tonneau cover is a must and we will be replacing the halogen third brake light bulbs with LEDs as the entire truck has LED lighting except for that one light.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Plus I’m feeling 5th gen custom plates as we all know it pays to advertise lol.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck is going to stay virtually stock for the most part for the first year... we will be doing a lot of real-world testing on this truck. None of that we had the truck for the weekend stuff. But it will be getting the factory running boards and electronic trailer brake controller installed. A tonneau cover is a must and we will be replacing the halogen third brake light bulbs with LEDs as the entire truck has LED lighting except for that one light.

Let us know what cover and light bulbs you use please.

Roadwar

Reaction score
Assuming you'll put posts regarding mods to this truck in one thread?, will it be stickied in the modifications/accessories subforum? Thanks

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I'll follow this thread ... Just seeing what LED you use in the 3rd brake light will be useful. Thought mine was odd having LED all around, except over the bed.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The weather has not been kind to us for the past couple of weeks... we are hoping to have most of our stuff installed this week with a video...

• Z Automotive Tazer
  • Ni-Doc Carbon Fiber Vinyl Cutouts for the B-pillars
  • Truxedo X-15 Pro Tonneau Cover
  • BedRug XLT Bed Mat
  • Lasfit LED Red Third Brake Light Bulbs
  • Lasfit LED White Cargo Light Bulbs
  • Mopar Power Running Board (installed by our friends at St. Clair Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram)***
  • Mopar Electronic Trailer Brake Control (installed by our friends at St. Clair Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram)***
  • Mopar Hitch Cover***
  • Smoke US-Visors Window Visors***
*** Already Installed

Here is what we are looking at doing soon...
  • Aftermarket exhaust (maybe a Mopar/Borla or Dynomax)
  • Mopar Ram Air Flow Cold-Air Intake (when it becomes available)
  • Front Windows Tinted
  • Might Tint The Rear Taillights or Replace with Rebel/Sport Dark Taillights
  • Mopar Bed Step
  • Oil-Catch Can

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
due to scuffing our one wheel in the bank drive-thru.
Same darn thing happened to me. I now refuse to attempt to go through the drive through and will park and walk up to the window or ATM. Why they make those lanes so tight (even for truck/SUV lanes) is maddening!!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same darn thing happened to me. I now refuse to attempt to go through the drive through and will park and walk up to the window or ATM. Why they make those lanes so tight (even for truck/SUV lanes) is maddening!!

20190603_175600.jpg

I bought a spare 22-inch brand new on eBay! for $328.00 to replace it, going to get the damaged one fixed

Users who are viewing this thread