5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media playback "skip" issue + audio power problems...

edehosse

Reaction score
Good afternoon all!

I've done some extensive searching here, and found a few posts, but none with a definitive fix. Truck is a 2019 Bighorn with the 8.4 non-nav. I've been experiencing what's best described as a skip after the first few seconds of playback when using my phone connected via USB. Issues seems to exist no matter what source I use on the phone (Spotify, Music library, etc.). Almost always is a single skip, but sometimes it will occur 2 or 3 times in the beginning of the track. Needless to say, it's quite annoying!

Anyone have any luck with a cure?

Also - This is a strange one - My head unit will start playing as soon as I plug in my phone, regardless of ignition position. The scenerio is this: Enter truck, plug phone into USB 1 port, music will start playing for a few seconds then shut off. I've even noticed once or twice that if I leave my phone connected when I exit the truck (ignition completely off), after I close the door, it will do the same thing (play a few seconds then stop).

As for mods, I have a PAC noise cancelling bypass harness, a Kicker KEY200.4 running the front doors, dash, and rear speakers, and a custom sub with the amp feeding from the rear channels. Is it possible that the aftermarket amps are causing the head unit to kick on before the ignition is enabled?

TIA.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread