5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Files Not Found

K12

Reaction score
I use Apple Carplay with my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. In order for me to use it, my iPhone has to be connected via cable to a USB port (doesnt work wirelessly) Recently, i have been getting an error message “Media Files Not Found” whenever I plug my phone in.

So two questions-

1. Does the 2020 Ram support a wireless Carplay? (My 2023 Jeep GC Overland does)

2. How do I get my phone to connect to the truck again?

Any help would be appreciated.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use Apple Carplay with my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. In order for me to use it, my iPhone has to be connected via cable to a USB port (doesnt work wirelessly) Recently, i have been getting an error message “Media Files Not Found” whenever I plug my phone in.

So two questions-

1. Does the 2020 Ram support a wireless Carplay? (My 2023 Jeep GC Overland does)

2. How do I get my phone to connect to the truck again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer to number 1 is no. Uconnect 4 doesn't, but Uconnect 5 does. You can get an external adapter to add to provide wireless connectivity. Upgrading to Uconnect 5 requires a whole new head unit.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't need Carplay to wirelessly play media files from your IPhone. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for Uconnect and you should be able to wirelessly play them using Bluetooth mode in Uconnect.

You should even be able to control your phone's player via Uconnect screen using Bluetooth mode but I have found sometimes I need to first start a file playing using the phone before it appears on the Uconnect screen.

Users who are viewing this thread