5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Default

fxdrider

Reaction score
I have the 4C Nav UConnect w/8.4" screen, and I've noticed that whenever I select Media as the source, it defaults to the CD player - which curiously seems to be at the end(bottom) of the menu, and by the way - the one least used. I listen mostly to Bluetooth, which is at the beginning (top) of the menu and requires arrowing up to that portion of the menu. Not a huge enormous deal, but less than convenient to do while driving.
My question is: Is there a way to set the Bluetooth as the default choice when selecting Media? I've looked in the UConnect manual for my version and can't find the answer.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Not really... I hated that too when i had the 8"4 Nav... Switched to 12" and problem solved lol :D
You must learn how to live with that...

MotoMoose68

Reaction score
I have the 4C Nav UConnect w/8.4" screen, and I've noticed that whenever I select Media as the source, it defaults to the CD player - which curiously seems to be at the end(bottom) of the menu, and by the way - the one least used. I listen mostly to Bluetooth, which is at the beginning (top) of the menu and requires arrowing up to that portion of the menu. Not a huge enormous deal, but less than convenient to do while driving.
My question is: Is there a way to set the Bluetooth as the default choice when selecting Media? I've looked in the UConnect manual for my version and can't find the answer.
I'm getting similar but different issue. My system seems to be randomly changing between startups. I'll be on media, listening to Amazon Prime music via Bluetooth from my phone. When I come back to my truck it might be on AM out on XM radio. I'm not sure why this is, but it should be at least the last thing I had playing.

I did see there is a seeing to push media when a phone is plugged in. I haven't tried it, since I generally prefer Bluetooth. It's under audio settings and scroll down.

ChPeter

Reaction score
If you have the driver profile memory option for seats and pedals, you have to set the source on the radio, which you would like as default, then save it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotoMoose68

Reaction score
If you have the driver profile memory option for seats and pedals, you have to set the source on the radio, which you would like as default, then save it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't believe I have that option. Would be nice though!

Users who are viewing this thread