5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mechanical / technical question

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Update:

I received a call today that was a bit ambiguous. They have the truck apart and said there was some movement on the frame but they are unsure as of yet if it requires replacement. Naturally the idea of any frame displacement gives me pause. They will give me a definitive answer tomorrow. He said it could good either way as they hadn’t done a full accounting

Finding that truck with that equipment ordered from a dealer with the discount will be a challenger ....

see what tomorrow brings

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Update:

so far the estimate is at roughly 11-15k

Between the bed and the cab is a massive space I can fit my whole hand in - this indicates that a lot moved backward during the collision. Auto rep said it was not a big deal and he can move it back. I replied, it’s indicative of the impact and it’s not the only thing that moved

front of the frame looks like it took the hit really well and some damage but is repairable. I didn’t notice any imbalance from the rear

taking the truck to a dealer to see if they can align the wheels which will indicate if the frame is bent or uneven

if not the insurance co said they’ll fix it and have it back to me in 3-4 weeks - if there are problems when I get it hack they will cover it

a few things I’ve learned here:

the truck is expensive and the insurance is unlikely to total the vehicle because it’s worth so much - they will consider replacing the frame before they total it - such are the drawbacks of a pricey rig

I have a 100k warranty so it’s tempting to keep it and see if it goes smooth or not - I can’t find any similar trucks with my equipment and trim

maybe I’ll just call it a day and trade it straight on a lesser expensive vehicle

I’m not really sure where my head is at. 075D059C-5C8C-4DD6-84E9-B7BD5BC2144A.png 3125F1E1-2E6C-473F-A80A-E5FCC7ED13F4.png

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Update for 1/25

Dealer was unable to balance the wheels - assessed new frame required and stated “if your shop doesn’t agree, find a new shop”

I’m relieved- see if insurance wants to do it or total it

Users who are viewing this thread