5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Measuring lift?

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
Is the best way to measure lift from the floor to the fender or from the center of the wheel to the fender? I’d assume the center of the wheel to the fender would be more accurate but it seems like I see most people measure from the floor.

clazer

Reaction score
Completely agree that measuring from hub center to fender is more accurate (and doesn’t involve tire size). On that note... nobody measures that way for whatever reason. Maybe it’s a smaller number

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The industry standard from what I've seen is the center of hub to bottom of fender. Just note that practically no vehicle is the same height all the way around, most are slightly lower on the driver's side. Expect the passenger side to be 1/8 - 1/4 or so higher than the driver's side.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
The industry standard from what I've seen is the center of hub to bottom of fender. Just note that practically no vehicle is the same height all the way around, most are slightly lower on the driver's side. Expect the passenger side to be 1/8 - 1/4 or so higher than the driver's side.
+1 on this ☝️

Users who are viewing this thread