5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS/VVT

LIL COONY

Reaction score
I came from a 14 st express 5.7 4x4 crew with 3.92:1 and i got 19.5 MPG on the interstate at 76mph. Just got into a 2019 laramie crew 4x4 5.7 etorque 3.21:1 and have been able to barely squeeze out 17 at 70mph. Both were done on cruise on the same stretch of highway. Going to town and back from home (20 miles round trip) i use a 1/4 tank. The last truck i was able to go around 145 miles on just under 1/4 tank. Very unhappy with the fuel mileage but i have noticed it never enters ECO with cruise on. It only enters at speeds less than 50mph going downhill with my foot off the gas for 20+ seconds. The 2014 went to eco at any speed if i let off the pedal at all. Is this normal?

GerryS

Reaction score
I was wondering about it myself. On mine, it seems the eco light will turn off anytime the instantaneous MPG gets below 20 or so. Almost any acceleration and it's off. I was put in a 2019 Ram Classic 5.7 hemi while my truck was getting some repair, and the eco light would be lit much more often than on my truck.

Can't say I'm disappointed with the mileage though. I can coax 18 out of it on my way to work. My 2004 Sierra would only get 16.5 or so.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/