5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS/ HP Tuners

Manns57

Reaction score
Considered turning off MDS via tune but have heard some thoughts on the MDS actually giving more lubrication to those lifters and if inactive permanently, it may speed up wear on those lifters. Wanted to get some other opinions and possible insight to this? Seems strange to me that those lifters would be getting under-lubricated while MDS is inactive straight from the factory and that permanently disabling MDS would cause an issue. I did recently catch that HP Tuners offers limits on when MDS can activate and that may be an option I may look into. I came from a Silverado and deactivated it for the 5 years owning it never had an issue but that being apples and oranges of course. Any thoughts or insight appreciated.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
0 problems disabling it very very similar to a Silverado when it comes to afm/mds. No one knows what causes the lifter failure with Rams, I will say it appears to be a much more rare problem then how common it is on an Silverado.

Users who are viewing this thread