5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS Drone and Vibration

GuSRomero

Reaction score
Same issue here. I didn’t notice it until around 1,200 miles and never stopped. 6500 miles now.
I’ve searched a way to turn off MDS and found out that using gear limiter makes the computer not go in MDS. It drives the way I would like it to drive all the time. Hate that Ram didn’t think about giving the customer the option to choose on or off on MDS.

Jevener

Reaction score
I'm also having this issue on my 2019 Tradesman. I get the vibrations when the ECO comes on at around 30 to 37 MPH. Also sort of off topic, I was get bag MPG's out of my Ram, 16 if I was lucky. Do not top off you gas tank. I use to hate when I didn't have an even number to pay. when the pump shuts off leave it. I'm now getting 19mpg just driving back and forth to work, and it not highway miles.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm also having this issue on my 2019 Tradesman. I get the vibrations when the ECO comes on at around 30 to 37 MPH. Also sort of off topic, I was get bag MPG's out of my Ram, 16 if I was lucky. Do not top off you gas tank. I use to hate when I didn't have an even number to pay. when the pump shuts off leave it. I'm now getting 19mpg just driving back and forth to work, and it not highway miles.

Hi Jevener,

If you decide to address this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

HungarianHammer

Reaction score
Hi Jevener,

If you decide to address this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares
I too just came back from the dealer today reporting this exact mds drone, mine is about 35mph and up when traveling on a level or slight grade but feathering maybe 1/4 throttle just to maintain momentum. Dealer checked everything that could be flashed and for codes. Nothing needed updating and no codes thrown anywhere. State they cannot recreate it yet also They are telling me this is normal but I don't accept that. Tellng me it's a lot harder on other models and present on all henis which is not on my wifes 5.7l hemi grand cherokee.

Mine did not start until about 1500miles ago. I have a 2020 ram powerwagon all maxed out w about 13700miles.

I don't know where to go from here. If I go to another dealer they will run thru the same diagnostics and come up w the same. Its clear from other reports I am reading here and other forums this is not just my lucky issue. I love the truck but for a msrp of 70,625 that is unacceptable. It was very refined & smooth yes even for a heavy duty (difference in suspension) then all of a sudden for it to present. Also no, unlike a suggestion from one advisor, I am not just now noticing something that wasn't there for 12000miles before.

If a RAM rep is reading and cares Any assistance is most appreciated.

Matt

kevinssaco

Reaction score
I too just came back from the dealer today reporting this exact mds drone, mine is about 35mph and up when traveling on a level or slight grade but feathering maybe 1/4 throttle just to maintain momentum. Dealer checked everything that could be flashed and for codes. Nothing needed updating and no codes thrown anywhere. State they cannot recreate it yet also They are telling me this is normal but I don't accept that. Tellng me it's a lot harder on other models and present on all henis which is not on my wifes 5.7l hemi grand cherokee.

Mine did not start until about 1500miles ago. I have a 2020 ram powerwagon all maxed out w about 13700miles.

I don't know where to go from here. If I go to another dealer they will run thru the same diagnostics and come up w the same. Its clear from other reports I am reading here and other forums this is not just my lucky issue. I love the truck but for a msrp of 70,625 that is unacceptable. It was very refined & smooth yes even for a heavy duty (difference in suspension) then all of a sudden for it to present. Also no, unlike a suggestion from one advisor, I am not just now noticing something that wasn't there for 12000miles before.

Matt
Are you sure it's not the MDS? Mine makes that vibrating noise at light, float speeds when the MDS kicks in. Try using the manual gears leaving in 8th and see if it does it still does it. This will turn off the MDS. Also, I found it important to run 89 octane. The noise we were talking about was while turning almost like a rubbing sound. Mine seems to have disappeared changing tires as others have.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Matt
Hi there Matt, we certainly would be more than willing to investigate this further for you. Please send over a private message with your VIN for further support, thank you.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread