5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS Disable for G/T Models?

WolfcatVader

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable MDS/Eco Mode in the G/T models? I know you can do it in the non-GT with the funky shifting into 8th trick but the G/T doesn't have the same buttons. Would prefer to keep my factory warranty intact too so not looking to change the tuning.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable MDS/Eco Mode in the G/T models? I know you can do it in the non-GT with the funky shifting into 8th trick but the G/T doesn't have the same buttons. Would prefer to keep my factory warranty intact too so not looking to change the tuning.
TazerDT or Pulsar

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just use the paddle shifters and it will do same thing.

Black19

Reaction score
I have the TazerDT and did not see that it can disable it. Can you point me in the right direction with the TazerDT

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have the TazerDT and did not see that it can disable it. Can you point me in the right direction with the TazerDT
Sorry, I was thinking of auto stop start disable. I don't have one so I didn't know for sure. I thought I heard it could.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Won't that physically shift the gears up?
I believe the paddle shifters are just glorified buttons for the normal ones on the steering wheel. They both do the exact same thing from what I understand.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, use the paddle shifters as paddle shifters. The truck won't let you manually shift to 8th grade from a stop. And won't hold 8th gear as you slow down to a stop just because you are using the paddle shifters. Sure you have to manually shift up as you accelerate, but if you want to keep MDS off without paying for other options, he has that ability

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the paddle shifters are just glorified buttons for the normal ones on the steering wheel. They both do the exact same thing from what I understand.
The GT and TRX paddle shifters are not the same as the gear limit buttons other models have.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes
Yeah, use the paddle shifters as paddle shifters. The truck won't let you manually shift to 8th grade from a stop. And won't hold 8th gear as you slow down to a stop just because you are using the paddle shifters. Sure you have to manually shift up as you accelerate, but if you want to keep MDS off without paying for other options, he has that ability
It will hold gear as you slow down really strong, I have made my truck gasp for something with it going very low RPMs while still in gear.
He would cause more wear and tear using the paddle shifters like that then just letting MDS do it's thing.

If he wants to change the trucks behavior he will need to either tune or use something like the pulsar, both could equally void the warranty (neither will).

Users who are viewing this thread