5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MDS Delete

Xoexpireu

Reaction score
Been searching forums for MDS delete or delete MDS and nothing coming up in search I find it hard to believe no one has deleted there MDS? My 2020 bighorn has been in shop twice now for MDS selenoid failure and second time the plastic MDS selenoid on cyl7 fell apart from heat and into engine had to have lifter replaced mds selenoid replaced and engine flushed. Curious what is the best way to go about this should I get a tune truning off MDS selenoids completley or change the cam and lifters deleting the mds all together?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you want to void your warranty, you can change the cam and lifters. It takes a lot more work. You can find YouTube videos on it.

You can use the TazerDT or Pulsar to disable MDS. There is also other devices too. You don't need a full custom tune.

397STROKER

Reaction score
You really don't need to change the cam and lifters. You need to turn it off and if you want they make plugs for the MDS solenoids, so you remove them and put in the plugs. The existing cam works just fine without MDS . Check on challenger and Charger forums about this too. I believe there are delete kits without a new cam.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
I just drive with my truck in the tow/haul mode all of the time. The mds is shut off when driving in this mode!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Even turning off MDS, the same lifters are still in the engine and still stand a chance of failing. Only way to truly prevent it is to do the cam/lifter MDS delete option

Oldphart

Reaction score
This is what I do also. I looked at this but it would void your warranty. Pulsar 32451 Pulsar Module

In theory, if you take it off before returning to the dealer for any warranty work, but I cannot get a definitive answer for the company or anyone else.

vincentw56

Reaction score
This is what I do also. I looked at this but it would void your warranty. Pulsar 32451 Pulsar Module

In theory, if you take it off before returning to the dealer for any warranty work, but I cannot get a definitive answer for the company or anyone else.
It does not void your warranty. I've not had a single issue with the dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Easy to take off, I always do just to avoid any issues. Dealer can not tell it was installed. Would only see that battery was disconnected.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
If you want to void your warranty, you can change the cam and lifters. It takes a lot more work. You can find YouTube videos on it.

You can use the TazerDT or Pulsar to disable MDS. There is also other devices too. You don't need a full custom tune.
Please explain how a tazer would allow you to disable MDS. The answer is it can’t. The only way is really to put In The pulsar. Please don’t just say stuff. If you don’t know then don’t say.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Please explain how a tazer would allow you to disable MDS. The answer is it can’t. The only way is really to put In The pulsar. Please don’t just say stuff. If you don’t know then don’t say.
Wow, so sorry, I had heard that you could. Don't need to be jerk about it.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Wow, so sorry, I had heard that you could. Don't need to be jerk about it.
Yeah I reread my post. Wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I see people on here that will mention something like you did. And then someone comes along and buys a tazer using what you said and then is out 250 bucks and didn’t get what they needed. So I was trying to really caution, but yeah came across a bit harsh

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yeah I reread my post. Wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I see people on here that will mention something like you did. And then someone comes along and buys a tazer using what you said and then is out 250 bucks and didn’t get what they needed. So I was trying to really caution, but yeah came across a bit harsh
I get it. Thank you. I do try to make sure I give the correct info. I've been a pretty active member on here for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread