5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBRP XP series bolt on exhaust

RebelJC

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this out? I can't seem to find much info on this anywhere. Seems very affordable and similar to magnaflow.

RebelJC

Reaction score

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The reviews from buyers in that link are mostly 5 star reviews. Three of the four with 5th gens give it 5 stars. Other than that I haven't heard anything about this exhaust. It looks similar to one that B2 Fabrication sells for less...

mctriples

Reaction score
I just had a muffler swap done on Friday at a local shop that is pretty high volume. I was asking about the mbrp high flow muffler, which they sell. The guy there said it was a decent sound and loudness on the 5th gens. But talked me in to a black widow muffler because it was a nicer note, deeper bass, and cheaper.

I have never personally heard the mbrp muffler, just you tube videos so I took the guys word for it. I figured he would know since they do a ton of exhausts.

Very happy with the black widow muffler swap. Went with the “angry housewife” model haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_63152

I bought one (MBRP XP), but it's still in the box, sitting on my living room floor. I will probably get around to installing it next week or so, hopefully.

mcp6530

Reaction score
I have it...had it installed last week and love it. Obviously its very subjective since we all like different amounts of sound but this sounds just right to me. Nice rumble but not obnoxious.

RebelJC

Reaction score
I just installed it Sunday and so far I really enjoy it. Good tone, but not overwhelming at all. I don't know if it's related or not, but when I put it in gear sometimes the rpm will surge a little bit. Has happened twice so far, but goes away as soon as I give it a little gas.

mcp6530

Reaction score
hmm, can't imagine how that would be tied to exhaust. probably nothing to worry about....

I just installed it Sunday and so far I really enjoy it. Good tone, but not overwhelming at all. I don't know if it's related or not, but when I put it in gear sometimes the rpm will surge a little bit. Has happened twice so far, but goes away as soon as I give it a little gas.

RebelJC

Reaction score
hmm, can't imagine how that would be tied to exhaust. probably nothing to worry about....
Agreed, just found it odd. Literally the first time I put it in gear it surged backing out of the driveway. Only did it one other time. Also have S&B CAI.

Users who are viewing this thread