5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MaxxTow vs Viking Rack Jack Magnum Hitch Hoist/Crane

njt07

Reaction score
Anyone have either of these? I’m looking at getting one to store in a RamBox if it will fit so I can load 2 man lifts or bulky/heavier equipment into the bed. One use case would be getting an elliptical into the bed on my own by using the crane (main reason I looked into this).

It looks like the MaxxTow boom is almost too short, but it has a hydraulic lift vs a cable crank. With the boom being so short though I dont think it would work to lift large bulky things like half an elliptical.

The RackJack looks better but the only concern there would be that it blocks part of the bed. The position does allow for puting the payload right in the middle of the bed. I dont know if a cable crank is a good idea with heavy lifting, but with that said, I dont see myself trying to use it for anything over 500lbs.

If anyone has one of these can they fit in a RamBox or under the back seat?

Users who are viewing this thread