5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxtrac upper control arms for 2019 rams

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
They look nice, but kinda' pricey... I do like the bushing type over the ones that come on the ReadyLift variant. But you could by a few sets of those for one of these.

wthomps79

Reaction score
Doesn't really look like they did much to correct the ball joint angle except use a higher angle joint. Looks more like they're catering to the "Bling" crowd. I'll stick with my Ready Lift arms.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came across new Maxtrac upper control arms for 2019 rams. Has anyone seen these yet? Whats your thoughts? I read on their facebook that they are compatible with stock to 7'' of lift or flex.

2019-ram-1500-2wd-4wd-forged-aluminum-uni-ball-upper-control-arms-maxtac-852400
It's a uni-ball design versus ball joint. Uni-balls are stronger but also more maintenance. They are a dry joint and are supposed to be cleaned regularly otherwise they squeak. Unless you plan on really beating on the front end off road you're better off with a ball joint control arm, or wait until ICON releases a control arm with their Delta Joint, it's like a ball joint uni-ball hybrid. The control arms for the 2018's fit the new 2019. I spoke with an engineer from ready lift and he said the arms will fit and the only difference between the two is the cup angle on the 2019 has changed a little bit. Several guys on this forum @VaderRebel being the first to do it, are using the ready lift 2018 UCA's on their 2019's without issue. I would assume you could use an UCA from any other manufacture that was designed for the 2018s however I think it has only been confirmed the ready lift UCAs for the 4th gens work for sure on the fifth gen.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't really look like they did much to correct the ball joint angle except use a higher angle joint. Looks more like they're catering to the "Bling" crowd. I'll stick with my Ready Lift arms.
It's not a ball joint, It's a uni-ball. Different animal, designed for desert racing and trickled into the mainstream and over kill for most applications not too mention a maintenance hassle.

JCubs

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for BDS, Bilstein or FOX to release level struts and hopefully BDS will come up with upper control arms. Im not a fan of the ready lift bushings and they don't impress me.

Users who are viewing this thread