5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxtrac 2/4 Lowering Kit On 4x4 Questions.......

U

User_67930

Ok, I have read through all the posts I could find but still have question.
I have a 2019 Ram New body 4x4 and I want to get the Maxtrac kit, Is it plug and play bolt up and go?
Will I need an adjustable track bar?
Will I have problems with alignment?
Will I need any other parts that are not included with the kit to make it work?

Hopefully someone that has the kit installed and working will guide me on what I need to do. This body style looks GREAT lowered.

I have lowered a lot of other vehicles in my life with no problems but never a 4x4. I just sold a '13 GTI on H&R suspension that I used as a daily, looked amazing, rode great and no problems with alignment.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
I just installed this in my 2019 ram 1500 4x4. It’s a pretty simple and bolt on kit. If you haul anything I would recommend adding some air lift helper bags. I talked to Maxtrac a few months ago about the trac bar and they informed me Ram apparently used 2 different length track bars. I do not have the off-road package. For me their track bar drop bracket put the rear end centered and I did not need the adjustable trac bar. When I had it aligned the caster and chamber could not be put back within spec but both are only out less than 0.5 degrees and were both able to be even from side to side so it won’t pull at all. Toe was put back within spec no issues. Ride is just a touch firmer in the rear but very close factory.

Lgmorris5

Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on this setup. Are you guys still liking it?

U

User_67930

Its worked out great, zero complaints. I'm still running it at the 2" setting as it came from Maxtrac with no addons and its been perfect.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out Ferraiolo1‘s build. His is 4WD.

Users who are viewing this thread