5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum Care Vehicle Plan vs Added Care Plus Plan

timtlu

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which plan is more practical for the price. I'm the type of person that really doesn't like insurance. I'd rather save the money I'd be paying into insurance and then just dip from it when needed, or max out a deductible to save on premiums. But with all the advancements in the new model year, I'm thinking it might be worth investing in.

I've been able to do a few YouTube diagnoses and repairs of my own, like changing the fuel filter and fuel pump on our old Sierra and the twice failed starter relay on our Durango. But I am by no means mechanically knowledgeable of everything that makes my new truck run.

Does anybody with a little more expertise want to chime in on some of the more involved common problems that might go wrong with a vehicle that a self-directed YouTube mechanic wouldn't be able to figure out, and that the Maximum Care Vehicle Plan would cover, but the Added Care Plus Plan would leave uncovered?

-tim

jgibbons1685

Reaction score
I personally got the 96 month Max Care for just the reason you listed...too many tech items to go wrong. If you’re looking to purchase a warranty, look at www.chryslerfactoryplans.com . My I told my dealer I would buy from them and he beat their price my last two vehicles. Never pay the dealer price!

jgibbons1685

Reaction score
Also.. just an FYI, Chrysler is claiming they are raising the price on the warranties on July 1. I haven’t seen to what though.

Users who are viewing this thread