5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max Trailer Light Illuminates with No Trailer Connected

MDSEUSS

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with the BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring) and Trailer Merge Assist, and sometimes when I start the truck up, no trailer connected, the max trailer light illuminates on my dash and won’t go out until the truck is shut off. I have noticed it mostly when parked closely around other vehicles, but is this feature only supposed to activate when a trailer is connected? Has anyone else experienced this?

chipshot7

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with the BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring) and Trailer Merge Assist, and sometimes when I start the truck up, no trailer connected, the max trailer light illuminates on my dash and won’t go out until the truck is shut off. I have noticed it mostly when parked closely around other vehicles, but is this feature only supposed to activate when a trailer is connected? Has anyone else experienced this?
Just bought a 2022 power wagon 2 weeks ago. Same light came on for me tonight with no trailer attached. Confused. That's why I'm here, looking for help and answers.

Users who are viewing this thread