5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max-Trac 2/4 Lowering Kit on truck equipped with Factory “ORP Off-Road Package”

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Hey guys! Let me start off by thanking you all immensely - if it wasn’t for the forums I wouldn’t have been able to piece the kit together, but it’s done!

Lowering My 2019 Ram 1500 ORP

Turns out it is possible! Also fits with the 305/45/22 tires! I’ll be doing a complete write up about it all later on this evening, and will post it down below.

Outstanding Issues/Refinements:
Hoping to get some opinions on some more open ended things I’d like to do to refine the kit a little bit more and make it friendlier to drive.
1. Rear Shocks - the shocks with MaxTracs kit aren’t the best, and it’s not a surprise based on searching through the forums.
2. Rear Control Arms - I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up installing Core 4x4 lower rear control arms. Axle is just barely off centered
3. Front Sway Bar End Links - The front links are too tall from the factory. I’d like to get the angle a little lower on that front sway bar.
4. Rear End Bottoming Out - I’m still playing with leaving some air in the bags in the rear, just to try and make the ride a little more comfortable.

Anyways, thank you all again! Always open to conversations about future things for the truck... I think next it’s time to tune it and get this cam in that I’ve had for over a year now just sitting. With that, thank you all too for the support on my YouTube channel with all the videos I’ve posted on the forums, it’s awesome to have such a great community here on 5thgenrams! 4B0702ED-B459-49F9-BD9A-5167A24AE24A.jpeg

Betohemi661

Reaction score
Looks clean any issue with the hellwig sway bar and the maxtrac relocation bracket?

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Looks clean any issue with the hellwig sway bar and the maxtrac relocation bracket?
No issues with the sway bar so far. About 1200 miles since it was installed. Max trac relocation bracket wasn’t used on my truck as it isn’t compatible.

Betohemi661

Reaction score
No issues with the sway bar so far. About 1200 miles since it was installed. Max trac relocation bracket wasn’t used on my truck as it isn’t compatible.
Same here but now i think im hitting the exhaust with the core 4x4 trac bar… the bracket wouldn’t even clear the sway bar correct?

spb_sloram

Reaction score
I lined that bracket up when I had everything disassembled. I honestly couldn’t see how it would work and not interfere with the sway bar. Glad I didn’t have to use it.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Shouldn’t have said all the problems were over with. New issue with this - Passenger side CV axle is now binding, so now I’m curious if it’s a different part number between an non-ORP truck and the ORP truck. Only took 1700 miles to find the issue, so I imagine it’s not going to last much longer.

Swayze

Reaction score
Shouldn’t have said all the problems were over with. New issue with this - Passenger side CV axle is now binding, so now I’m curious if it’s a different part number between an non-ORP truck and the ORP truck. Only took 1700 miles to find the issue, so I imagine it’s not going to last much longer.
What issues are you having? I’ve got a ‘2019 with ORP, originally had maxtrac 2/4 but have since upgraded rear coils to timbergrove replacement bags instead of coils,

I’ve got it set down to -2.5” with a cut ORP coil up front and haven’t had trouble, ~5k ish miles

spb_sloram

Reaction score
^Update on the 'issue' I thought was the CV Axle. It was hard to believe, but it was actually a TPMS sensor that had broken off in that wheel and was just tumbling around inside the tire. Amazing that it still works and was able to be put back together!

On a side note... going to be uninstalling everything. I made a for sale post on the buy/sell/trade section of the form, but for anyone interested in buying this kit I'm going to be removing mine soon and selling it. Front struts are already pre assembled and set to 2" drop as well. For anyone interested in all the goodies that helped make the install possible (or even for the guys who want to refine the installation on a non-orp truck) here you go:

Users who are viewing this thread