5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max tire size stock (2022 Limited air suspension)?

naterizzle

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a clear answer in the forums here, but hoping somebody can help. I've got the 2022 Limited Night edition with air suspension. 22x9 wheels and 285/45R22 tires. I wondering what the biggest tire size you can do is with no rubbing, no modifications whatsoever. When these tires wear out, I plan to put AT tires that are slightly larger on. Looking at tiresize.com and figuring I could do something like a 295/50R22 (or possibly even 285/55R22, but that's getting up there). I still want to be able to fully use the air suspension, including Aero mode without any rubbing issues. Anybody else figure out what the biggest fitment is on a stock Limited? Thanks!

ocwill1

Reaction score
following, interested in same, although the most I would want to go is 33, but trying to keep the same XL rating. Don't need a E rated tire

naterizzle

Reaction score
following, interested in same, although the most I would want to go is 33, but trying to keep the same XL rating. Don't need a E rated tire
This thread seems to have a good amount of information, although I'm still not 100% certain what the biggest tire is that truly will not rub. I am thinking that either 295/50R22 (D/E rated) or 305/45R22 (XL rated) will be safe. The latter is significantly less money for the same tires (I was comparing Toyo AT3). And I noticed the E rated 295 Toyo is 63 pounds per tire while the XL rated 305 is 47 pounds per tire - pretty big difference! That being said, the tire specs for the Toyo 305 state that the rim width range is 9.5-11.5, so I'm not certain they would actually work on our 22x9 wheels. 🤷‍♂️

Myfirstram30

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a clear answer in the forums here, but hoping somebody can help. I've got the 2022 Limited Night edition with air suspension. 22x9 wheels and 285/45R22 tires. I wondering what the biggest tire size you can do is with no rubbing, no modifications whatsoever. When these tires wear out, I plan to put AT tires that are slightly larger on. Looking at tiresize.com and figuring I could do something like a 295/50R22 (or possibly even 285/55R22, but that's getting up there). I still want to be able to fully use the air suspension, including Aero mode without any rubbing issues. Anybody else figure out what the biggest fitment is on a stock Limited? Thanks!
Sorry new to this forum and new to trucks. I have a '23 limited and was wondering the same question. did you ever find out?

Josh24

Reaction score
285/55/22 Toyo AT3 here on stock suspension. Fit perfect

Josh24

Reaction score
No problem, I think you’ll be very happy with them. Slightly rougher ride but worth the trade off for much better traction. The Toyo’s are great all terrain tires. Your speedometer will be off a bit as well but there are a few ways to correct it. I bought the Tazer DT and it worked great plus some other things you can customize with it. Dealership can do it too I believe.

Last edited:

Happyswiss

Reaction score
305/45-22 Michelin LTX XL-rated on 22x10 Offset +10 wheels
2022 Limited, Stock Air, South Florida highways only, pulling a 2 horse trailer into dirt roads sometimes
Improved ride over stock Pirellis, only 3 lbs more per wheel
no spacers or level, Weathertech mudflaps
Totally flush with factory fender flares
No rubbing anywhere at any height
That’s the way I like it.

PennSt8

Reaction score
Went with the Nitto Recon Grappler 285/55/22. They look so much better than the OME tires 285/45/22. I did have rubbing on the passenger side at full lock to the left both forwards and in reverse. No rubbing issue other than that. I took the advice on another thread and heated up the plastic wheel well over at the rub points and simply pushed them back a little. Rubbing is now gone even at full lock. Very little difference in noise or ride in my opinion. Very happy with the decision.

Jeremy47

Reaction score
Went with the Nitto Recon Grappler 285/55/22. They look so much better than the OME tires 285/45/22. I did have rubbing on the passenger side at full lock to the left both forwards and in reverse. No rubbing issue other than that. I took the advice on another thread and heated up the plastic wheel well over at the rub points and simply pushed them back a little. Rubbing is now gone even at full lock. Very little difference in noise or ride in my opinion. Very happy with the decision.
Pics?

Leemanwentz

Reaction score
Yes, air suspension and no rubbing issues. Real happy with the set up. Both pics in normal ride height

View attachment 172878 View attachment 172879
Nice stance Josh! I bet she really looks nice in Off-Road 1 too.
I have the same truck in Billet Silver. I have a set of 22"x10" Fuel wheels that I'm mounting Yokohama Geolander AT's in LT285/50R22. Hoping for no rub on that setup too!?

Leemanwentz

Reaction score
Had the new Yokohama Geolandar G015's mounted on my Fuel Siege wheels... Went with 285/50R22.
No rubs. Looks great. Drives fantastic!
Loved the handling of the Pirelli Scorpions on the OEM wheels but chewed through those racing tires in 30,000 miles. No warranty.
My old Toyos ATIII 35x12.5R22's were too big AND hydroplaned terribly in the Florida rains.
So therefore went with the Yokos.
I really liked the Continental Terrain Contacts for quiet, comfort and wet handling, but the biggest tire size was 285/45R22.
So, after much research and discussion here is the new look.
Thank you to all that helped and whoever suggested Tiresize.com. It was a lifesaver and killer app.

Attachments

• 20240418_133712~2.jpg
    20240418_133712~2.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240424_183436.jpg
    20240424_183436.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 22

Blizzak454

Reaction score
would it be lame to step down in width to go up in ratio? like a 275/50/22? I'm interested in more of a highway/all terrain tire... because lets face it 98% of time I'm on the road. But living in the south we do run into the occasional dirt/muddy/rutted road (this is coming from a guy that literally sank his wifes Chrysler Pacifica until its belly was sitting on the ground :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: had to get it winched out!!)

Josh24

Reaction score
How are these tires working out after having them for a bit? Looking to get these and looking for insite. Thanks
They have been great, no rubbing issues at all, and have been confortable for daily driving. You feel the road a bit more being 10 ply but the truck is still very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread