5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max Tire Size After Dropping Wheel Size

erandt26

Reaction score
Need a little help, I just purchased a '21 Night Edition, and absolutely hate the wheels and tires on it. I plan to level the truck eventually but need to wait. The current plan is to drop from the factory 22's to 20 fuel Rebels and Terra Grapplers. Curious what the biggest tire I can get without any rub? Leaning towards the factor 1 offset as I tow a ton and don't want to toss rocks at the boat. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Ram21

Reaction score
Same mindset here, 21 Limited Night edition and not crazy about wheels and definitely hate the tires.
Would like to drop to 20's and some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so following your thread here.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I run 275/60/R20. I've heard of people going to 285/65/R20 without issues or just slight rub at full lock. I think some of it will depend on whether you want to jump into LT tires or not. For me, an extra $400-$500 wasn't worth it since I don't tow at all and plus your speed rating also drops so I opted to stick to P tires.

Users who are viewing this thread