5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max A/C on 2022 Rebel 1500 is this normal

Powercatnewt

Reaction score
When we use the maxac button the volume of air doesn't change. Is this normal?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think max ac just sets the hvac to recirculate, so air volume won’t really change much but I know the airflow sounds different in my truck when switching from fresh to recirculate.

Looks like you were already in recirculate mode, so nothing will change using max ac.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm pretty sure max AC is pointless.

What it does it set your temp to low, so if you keep it set on like 70, it saves you from dragging the temp all the way down.

1 Thing I don't understand about max AC is the AC light doesn't turn on but recirc does but you can manually turn recirc on and AC on at once without using max ac

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No the volume doesn’t change, it doesn’t change on any vehicle on max ac. It changes it to recirculate, the coldest setting, and puts the blower motor to high,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No the volume doesn’t change, it doesn’t change on any vehicle on max ac. It changes it to recirculate, the coldest setting, and puts the blower motor to high,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 93 Oldsmobile pushed more air when I had max AC pushed in.
Every other modern vehicle I have had doesn't even have a max AC button until this Ram.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you think it pushed more air?

Did it unlock a higher blower setting?

My new Subaru also has the max button in its auto climate control. Pressing it, like in the ram puts the temp system at its lowest setting, fan at its highest, and recirculate.

My 87 trans am also had a max setting. But it didn’t change the volume of air. Basically just put it in recirculate and nothing else as it wasn’t a digital auto system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread