5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive auto insurance increases.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Liberty Mutual is at least 40% more then what I pay with Arbella, at least in the North East.

Best to check everyone each time you renew imo.
I don't think we have Arbella here in the West Coast, may be I am wrong; will check...thanks

Kooch80

Reaction score
Not sure no letter last 6 months renewal was $50 bucks per month, this 6 month renewal went up $150 per month. Like I said no accidents tickets or claims no change in our credit scores. I started off with geico at $800 per month for all 5 vehicles now it’s $1050 each month. Got a quote from liberty mutual a whopping 24k per year no policy changes.
My experience was similar. Ended up going with connect by AmFam thru Costco. They were by far the lowest rate and I even increased my coverages with them. My homeowners was also about 200 lower

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just renew on the 4th with Progressive, Their rates have stay the same and as other have said they issue small refunds during the pandemic.
I did do some research as I was hearing not so good things from others about progressive but in the end decided to keep them
AAA was quoting the same, Liberty about $20 more per month, geico $35 more, but farmers was a whopping $166 more per month

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
My experience was similar. Ended up going with connect by AmFam thru Costco. They were by far the lowest rate and I even increased my coverages with them. My homeowners was also about 200 lower
Tried AmFam the won’t insure lifted trucks, I have 2 with lifts. Looks like I’m screwed spent the whole day getting quotes geico still the lowest for me at 12k per year. Thanks for the suggestion though, one day my kids will become real adults and I’ll be off the hook lol.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried AmFam the won’t insure lifted trucks, I have 2 with lifts. Looks like I’m screwed spent the whole day getting quotes geico still the lowest for me at 12k per year. Thanks for the suggestion though, one day my kids will become real adults and I’ll be off the hook lol.
How do they know if it’s lifted? AmFam never once asked me that and if mine was I sure wouldn’t volunteer that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

How do they know if it’s lifted? AmFam never once asked me that and if mine was I sure wouldn’t volunteer that.
Yeah that makes 0 sense.
It wouldn't matter if it's lifted, what do you get into more accidents with a lifted truck?
I would say none of your damn business.

Could you image paying 12k a year for car insurance? I pay around $1500 for a truck and SUV with full coverage.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
State Farm here with 2 vehicles. Maybe a few dollar increase over the past year.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
When I called to get a quote they specifically asked if the trucks were lifted or lowered I said yes because it’s never been a insurance issue before, when I said they had a 4” and 6” lift he said sorry we cannot insure those vehicles. He was willing to insure the other 3 vehicles but there was no point.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I called to get a quote they specifically asked if the trucks were lifted or lowered I said yes because it’s never been a insurance issue before, when I said they had a 4” and 6” lift he said sorry we cannot insure those vehicles. He was willing to insure the other 3 vehicles but there was no point.
Weird. Must be only for new accounts. I’ve never even been asked that in over 30 years with them.

So what happens if you get a new truck covered and then lift it at a later date? Are they no longer required to cover your claim?🤔

Last edited:

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Yeah that makes 0 sense.
It wouldn't matter if it's lifted, what do you get into more accidents with a lifted truck?
I would say none of your damn business.

Could you image paying 12k a year for car insurance? I pay around $1500 for a truck and SUV with full coverage.
Yea 12k for 5 vehicles 2 rams a challenger a mustang and a Toyota Tundra they all are nice and need comp and collision and that doesn’t count my 68 mustang that I’m not carrying insurance on right now. I had the kids so I have to pay the piper, maybe on day they will do something nice for me but I love the little rascals.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea 12k for 5 vehicles 2 rams a challenger a mustang and a Toyota Tundra they all are nice and need comp and collision and that doesn’t count my 68 mustang that I’m not carrying insurance on right now. I had the kids so I have to pay the piper, maybe on day they will do something nice for me but I love the little rascals.
Expensive kids. Mine can't drive yet so I still get good rates. That's still $2,400 a vehicle for insurance. That's worse around what my rate was when I had a Mustang and a few speeding tickets at the age of 19.
For 12k a year you could get a decent used vehicle LOL

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Expensive kids. Mine can't drive yet so I still get good rates. That's still $2,400 a vehicle for insurance. That's worse around what my rate was when I had a Mustang and a few speeding tickets at the age of 19.
For 12k a year you could get a decent used vehicle LOL
17 y/o boy clean driving record, 19 y/o daughter 1 accident. I’ve been told that this rate increase is hitting Florida because of all the people moving here like 900 per day. I live in a small town with 1 red light to the west of the university of Florida this $hit is crazy. Luckily I can absorb the hit but it doesn’t lesson the pain. Still have to add a boat that I’m buying tomorrow I better grease up the you know what.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m insuring 5 vehicles with 4 drivers in the house, yes one of them is 16. I got hit with a 25 percent increase in the last year no accidents tickets or claims. I’ve been shopping around and everyone else is even higher. Curious if anyone else has seen steep increases?
Ours haven’t changed significantly (State Farm).

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rates are good and low. I don't insure anyone young.
I use Arbella.
I retired from Plymouth Rock Insurance last year before I moved from Mass to Colorado. Ply Rock was one of only 2 companies I was willing to work for because they weren't like other companies trying to screw their customers....we treated customers REALLY good...the other company I would have worked for was Arbella...Arbella is a great company, stick with them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I retired from Plymouth Rock Insurance last year before I moved from Mass to Colorado. Ply Rock was one of only 2 companies I was willing to work for because they weren't like other companies trying to screw their customers....we treated customers REALLY good...the other company I would have worked for was Arbella...Arbella is a great company, stick with them.
My first insurance company was Plymoth Rock and I got a major "at fault" accident which wasn't my fault. I think I might of just bad a bad agent but it left a very sour, and expensive taste in my mouth the costed my thousands of dollars over 6 years. They even had the nerve to cancel my insurance with only 1 accident as I was "high risk" like 2 years after that.

Finding good insurance is hard to balance price vs quality.
Progressive is really cheap, but at least where I live in central MA they refuse to come out to look at your damaged vehicle for a claim. They require me to drive 2 hours to go to THEIR service center. They wouldn't let me go to a regular shop which i'm pretty sure is illegal for them to do, but they still did it anyways. Whats the point of insurance if you can't even use it?

Library is good insurance but around here is crazy expensive

John Jensen

Reaction score
My insurance rates at American Family have remained steady for many years. They even dropped about $20 a month during the pandemic saying they were passing on their savings due to much less claims because people were driving less. Only time they went up was for adding a new vehicle and that was always a very small amount. Going from my 2017 to 2022 was about $16 month. I expected much more considering how much vehicle values and repairs increased. Every claim we have ever had was taken care of fast with zero hassles.

I’ve shopped around and found cheaper insurance but it’s hard to give up what has been nothing but a satisfying experience with AF. I’m guessing these other companies start you out with very low rates to lure you in and then will jack them up in future years to make up for it. I hate to take that chance. Seen it happen far too much with other services.
American Family is the underwriter for Costco Ins. Called American Family Connect
Ref post #5

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
State Farm here. Had about a $10 increase back in April for the 6 mo renewal and now the Oct renewal is up about $30.

Just spoke with my agent and apparently the 2019 RAM has been re-categorized based on crash rating and/or cost to repair which means "pay us more money."

Last edited:

gpbst3

Reaction score
Erie insurance went up about $100. They had a news letter that said with the price of vehicles and parts are up so are premiums.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brand new Laramie and my wife's 2018 Cherokee 4x4 are about $2,800 per year. We're middle aged, my record is clean, hers has been clean for a few years. We do have a 21 year old living in the house who has a separate policy he pays for. Not sure if that affects us or not. We use Safeco (under the Liberty Mutual umbrella I think).

If you guys think auto insurance is rough, wait until next year's homeowners insurance premiums renew. With this idiotic administration killing the housing market again and home values skyrocketing, my agent says big premium increases are coming.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first insurance company was Plymoth Rock and I got a major "at fault" accident which wasn't my fault. I think I might of just bad a bad agent but it left a very sour, and expensive taste in my mouth the costed my thousands of dollars over 6 years. They even had the nerve to cancel my insurance with only 1 accident as I was "high risk" like 2 years after that.

Finding good insurance is hard to balance price vs quality.
Progressive is really cheap, but at least where I live in central MA they refuse to come out to look at your damaged vehicle for a claim. They require me to drive 2 hours to go to THEIR service center. They wouldn't let me go to a regular shop which i'm pretty sure is illegal for them to do, but they still did it anyways. Whats the point of insurance if you can't even use it?

Library is good insurance but around here is crazy expensive
definitely illegal here in CA, you got the right to use the repair shop of your choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/