5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

marker lights

Viper67

Reaction score
On my 2012 3500 I got the little black box from a site that no longer is there. Basically they made a box you wire up that turns your lights on your mirrors on when the headlights are on. Thus making them more than just turn blinkers.

Someone wrote up a way to do this on your own, does anyone have the expertise to verify if this would work on our 2019s? Or is there a better way to do it? Id like to get the lights on the mirrors to work like this.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2012 3500 I got the little black box from a site that no longer is there. Basically they made a box you wire up that turns your lights on your mirrors on when the headlights are on. Thus making them more than just turn blinkers.

Someone wrote up a way to do this on your own, does anyone have the expertise to verify if this would work on our 2019s? Or is there a better way to do it? Id like to get the lights on the mirrors to work like this.

Not sure about being able to have your mirror lights run all the time. But you might find the solar powered cab over lights in this thread interesting. I'm thinking about installing them on my truck.

Viper67

Reaction score
Not sure about being able to have your mirror lights run all the time. But you might find the solar powered cab over lights in this thread interesting. I'm thinking about installing them on my truck.

I dont want the lights to be on all the time. Only when the headlights are on. There are no issues with this as I did it for over 5 years on my 2012 3500. And many others have done this also. I dont want the cab lights. And the price is really high.

Viper67

Reaction score
Thanks Ive found a couple but havent gotten a response back confirming it works for the 5th gens. Or that they say it will but no instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread