5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

abdavis88

Reaction score
Finally got my license plates on Saturday. The wheels grind slowly at Oregon DMV apparently. I got the truck on June 18th. The temp tags that MD sent with the truck actually expired 2 weeks ago. I contacted them and they sent me several additional 5 day temp tags by over-night FedEx. So once again, MD is on top of things, and kept the customer happy ! Having to park the truck up for a while, waiting for the plates to come in would have been .... "dissatisfying" !!
It was taking so long for the DMV that my credit union actually called me last Friday, mildly annoyed, that they still hadn't got a copy of the title document. ( They say their policy is they have to have it within 60 days of the loan being disbursed )I told them I hadn't got my plates either so they seemed content to wait another couple weeks.
Anyway, I guess it meant MD got a bit more advertising around the Pacific NW for a bit longer, given I left their logo in the rear license plate holder. The sticker on the back window came off when I got the ceramic coating done.
curious your shipping cost from MD to Oregon?

morrpar

Reaction score
Update:
The issue with shipping was generally my location; you can't (easily) get here from there...
Per MD's recommendation I offered $ 626 to ship it 700 miles to KC. No interest and we bumped it twice and ended up at $ 850. About four times shippers accepted the load, and then subsequently backed out. Aaron with MD was willing to bump the price to $ 1000 and foot difference. They are awesome.
When MD called Friday at 1:30 and said another shipper had reneged, I took matters into my own hands. I booked a flight and a hotel and left KC at 4:30. Got to Lake Charles at 10:00 pm. Lfyt-ed to hotel, then to Waffle House (do not recommend) which is across the street from MD.
I got to MD about 8 am, and planned to wait until 9 when the sales and shipping departments start their day. Guess what? Robert and Arron came in early so that I could be on my way.
This team is great! The have really earned their reputation. Great price, process and customer service.

So I left Lake Charles at 8:40 and got home at 9:15. Broke it in on the way, saw some beautiful (back) country. Got 20.5 mpg...

I should have done this in the first place.

My wife's next Grand Cherokee will come from Mark Dodge.

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
Update:
The issue with shipping was generally my location; you can't (easily) get here from there...
Per MD's recommendation I offered $ 626 to ship it 700 miles to KC. No interest and we bumped it twice and ended up at $ 850. About four times shippers accepted the load, and then subsequently backed out. Aaron with MD was willing to bump the price to $ 1000 and foot difference. They are awesome.
When MD called Friday at 1:30 and said another shipper had reneged, I took matters into my own hands. I booked a flight and a hotel and left KC at 4:30. Got to Lake Charles at 10:00 pm. Lfyt-ed to hotel, then to Waffle House (do not recommend) which is across the street from MD.
I got to MD about 8 am, and planned to wait until 9 when the sales and shipping departments start their day. Guess what? Robert and Arron came in early so that I could be on my way.
This team is great! The have really earned their reputation. Great price, process and customer service.

So I left Lake Charles at 8:40 and got home at 9:15. Broke it in on the way, saw some beautiful (back) country. Got 20.5 mpg...

Wow! That’s disappointing about shipping to the KC area. We finalized our paperwork Saturday and was hoping it would be able to delivered to me by this coming Friday. I plan to post a request on Monday. We’re traveling out of town next weekend and would love to have taken the new truck for a spin.

Dunga

Reaction score
I’m about at a 1,000 miles and averaging 18 mpg on highway with speeds in the high 70s. I did notice dramatically improved mileage up to 20 mpg if you drop the speed below 65 but who’s got time for that.

TSL

Reaction score
curious your shipping cost from MD to Oregon?
I finished up paying 2600 for 2400 miles ( approx ). To be honest I overpaid a bit. I wanted to do enclosed carrier if i could, just with it being a long way, more chance of a rock chip etc. They had suggested I start at 1900 for open carrier or 2200 for enclosed. So I tried 2300 enclosed. No takers after several days. Bumped it to 2400. Still no interest. Bumped it to 2600. Still nothing after a few more days. Then I decided to heck with it, lets just do open carrier. What I should have done is switched to open carrier and dropped the bid down to, I dunno, maybe 2200 -ish. Instead I just said lets do 2600 and open carrier. I got a driver to take it within 90 mins of them reposting it ! That's how I'm figuring I overpaid. Turned out there was trailer delivering 2 TRX's from MD, one to the Sacramento area and one to the Seattle area. My Rebel provided the 3rd rig to fill out the trailer and it was on the way from Sacramento to Seattle so it worked out perfectly for the driver. For all I know he'd have taken 1800 for it since he already had 2 going this way.
By the way I got the truck within 5 days of the bid being accepted, it arrived in good condition, and I got to see a TRX live :) They had to take it off to get mine from behind it.
I posted pics somewhere earlier in this thread, it was around late June when I got the truck.

abdavis88

Reaction score
I finished up paying 2600 for 2400 miles ( approx ). To be honest I overpaid a bit. I wanted to do enclosed carrier if i could, just with it being a long way, more chance of a rock chip etc. They had suggested I start at 1900 for open carrier or 2200 for enclosed. So I tried 2300 enclosed. No takers after several days. Bumped it to 2400. Still no interest. Bumped it to 2600. Still nothing after a few more days. Then I decided to heck with it, lets just do open carrier. What I should have done is switched to open carrier and dropped the bid down to, I dunno, maybe 2200 -ish. Instead I just said lets do 2600 and open carrier. I got a driver to take it within 90 mins of them reposting it ! That's how I'm figuring I overpaid. Turned out there was trailer delivering 2 TRX's from MD, one to the Sacramento area and one to the Seattle area. My Rebel provided the 3rd rig to fill out the trailer and it was on the way from Sacramento to Seattle so it worked out perfectly for the driver. For all I know he'd have taken 1800 for it since he already had 2 going this way.
By the way I got the truck within 5 days of the bid being accepted, it arrived in good condition, and I got to see a TRX live :) They had to take it off to get mine from behind it.
I posted pics somewhere earlier in this thread, it was around late June when I got the truc

thanks for the reply. I am shopping now, 2023 are now available to order and trying to see if there ends up being 2022s that could work and be a good deal within the dealers in NW vs ordering through MD and paying a shipper.

Klink

Reaction score
Update:

Your experience mirrors mine. I literally cannot recommend these people highly enough. I'm in Springfield Missouri and drove down to pick up my truck and happily drove it home. Rest assured my next car purchase will be the exact same way. They are simply unbeatable.

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
Truck was delivered to Mark Dodge Saturday. I actually got the call while on a 70 mile bicycle ride. Needless to say, I hurried back as quickly as possible since I setup a meeting with the finance dept that afternoon. Today, Monday, wired the deposit, got the insurance and submitted a bid to have it shipped. Derrick V. just called saying a shipper accepted my bid with plans to pick it up Wednesday. It's getting real folks. Now if it'll just make it 'home' before 4pm Friday since we're heading out of town for another 100 mile bike ride Saturday. I would love to take the truck out for it's maiden voyage hauling our bikes. I'm only 730 miles from the dealer, so it's a 12 hour drive, so it's possible. 🤞

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Truck was delivered to Mark Dodge Saturday. I actually got the call while on a 70 mile bicycle ride. Needless to say, I hurried back as quickly as possible since I setup a meeting with the finance dept that afternoon. Today, Monday, wired the deposit, got the insurance and submitted a bid to have it shipped. Derrick V. just called saying a shipper accepted my bid with plans to pick it up Wednesday. It's getting real folks. Now if it'll just make it 'home' before 4pm Friday since we're heading out of town for another 100 mile bike ride Saturday. I would love to take the truck out for it's maiden voyage hauling our bikes. I'm only 730 miles from the dealer, so it's a 12 hour drive, so it's possible. 🤞
That is awesome news. I just got off the phone with Derrick as well. I wired them my down payment this morning from Phoenix, and looks like my truck may get picked up tomorrow to head this way. I was hoping to have it by the weekend and that may very well happen. I cannot overstate what a pleasure it has been working with the crew at Mark Dodge.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
That is awesome news. I just got off the phone with Derrick as well. I wired them my down payment this morning from Phoenix, and looks like my truck may get picked up tomorrow to head this way. I was hoping to have it by the weekend and that may very well happen. I cannot overstate what a pleasure it has been working with the crew at Mark Dodge.
Update, just got a call back from Derrick, my truck will be leaving for Phoenix tomorrow and I will have it by the weekend. $1000 to ship from Lake Charles to Phoenix. Not gonna complain about that price.

JoeI21

Reaction score
Update, just got a call back from Derrick, my truck will be leaving for Phoenix tomorrow and I will have it by the weekend. $1000 to ship from Lake Charles to Phoenix. Not gonna complain about that price.
how many total miles?

Azsmc

Reaction score
Congratulations! Cant wait to see it and show off both of our trucks!

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
For those that had their truck shipped from MD, were you able to get timely updates as to when it was it was anticipated to be delivered?
Mine left MD Wednesday afternoon and using Ram Connect, I last saw it was on the way. However, Derrick V (MD) told me that the GPS locator can be spotty at best unless the engine (ignition) is turned on. I think I noticed that last night as it seemed to have moved a couple hours away and stopped. Then this morning it was magically about 300 miles from my location. Although, it has moved all day today. I've tried contacting Central Dispatch with contact I was given and no good updates. Derrick V (MD) said he would try to get me an update.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Mine left MD yesterday with a carrier called West Express Transportation. Derrick told me I would see it on Sunday, possibly Saturday. I called the carrier and they told me I should hear from the driver later today and that he was expected here late tomorrow (Friday). We shall see. I went on Ram Connect but it doesn't show any location information.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
For those that had their truck shipped from MD, were you able to get timely updates as to when it was it was anticipated to be delivered?
Mine left MD Wednesday afternoon and using Ram Connect, I last saw it was on the way. However, Derrick V (MD) told me that the GPS locator can be spotty at best unless the engine (ignition) is turned on. I think I noticed that last night as it seemed to have moved a couple hours away and stopped. Then this morning it was magically about 300 miles from my location. Although, it has moved all day today. I've tried contacting Central Dispatch with contact I was given and no good updates. Derrick V (MD) said he would try to get me an update.
Here's the deal. I learned the hard way. If the truck is turned off for long periods the GPS and Ram Connect app only updates about twice a day. 5am and 6pm ish. I didn't try it, but I've seen folks say if you use the app and give the truck a lock command it will wake up the computer and ping an updated location. I didn't try it since I'm new I was scared it would beep the horn or something and scare the driver. 🤣

Your driver should be giving you updates. Mine called and sent texts.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
how’d you make out?!
She made it safe and sound. A little dirty from the trip on open trailer is all. What an awesome truck to drive. I am more than pleased with the product and the Mark Dodge experience.

Attachments

• 20220902_170552.jpg
    20220902_170552.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220902_171634.jpg
    20220902_171634.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220902_173033.jpg
    20220902_173033.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220902_173021.jpg
    20220902_173021.jpg