5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Klink

Reaction score
I only ask because I’ve set up Ram Connect and this is what I’m seeing.
a1b995ee316770aa797c4984ae65786c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I picked mine up it had afull tank. They gassed it up the night before I picked up.

Abckmyr

Reaction score
Initially the said $0.8-$1.1 per mile. Now with fuel prices up it’s all over the place. I had my truck offered for a day with no movement and just increased it to just under $1 a mile. We will see.

Did a shipper pick it up a $1 mile?
If not what did you pay?

Dunga

Reaction score
Did a shipper pick it up a $1 mile?
If not what did you pay?
No dice yet after 24 hours. We’re leaving it as is through the weekend then reevaluate Monday.

There’s a fair bit of chance in it too. Like if a driver is already heading you’re direction with another 2-3 vehicles. I just wish I had the time off to go get my truck.

JoeI21

Reaction score
No dice yet after 24 hours. We’re leaving it as is through the weekend then reevaluate Monday.

There’s a fair bit of chance in it too. Like if a driver is already heading you’re direction with another 2-3 vehicles. I just wish I had the time off to go get my truck.
just thinking about it. if you get someone to bite at $1 per miles that’s really not that bad. i’m a 1600 miles away so i’m hoping it doesn’t go much higher then that

Dunga

Reaction score
just thinking about it. if you get someone to bite at $1 per miles that’s really not that bad. i’m a 1600 miles away so i’m hoping it doesn’t go much higher then that
I agree. I’m also not willing to offer way too much. So far I’ve been following MD recommendations.

My next day off is august 23rd. I can fly from Minni to Lake Charles for $118 on United one way. Would arrive at 8 pm so need to spend a night then pick up my truck in the morning.

JoeI21

Reaction score
that’s a haul but it may be worth it. me personally the flights are very expensive and that plus the miles on the truck and the price of gas i rather not right now

Dunga

Reaction score
that’s a haul but it may be worth it. me personally the flights are very expensive and that plus the miles on the truck and the price of gas i rather not right now
I hear ya. I’ll update the thread once I have some news for sure. Honestly I don’t mind paying a fair rate for shipping so long as it’s fair and they take care of my new truck. I just wouldn’t feel good if I overpaid. Either way I think we’re all saving a big chunk of cash by ordering from MD. Thanks 5thGenRams!

JoeI21

Reaction score
I hear ya. I’ll update the thread once I have some news for sure. Honestly I don’t mind paying a fair rate for shipping so long as it’s fair and they take care of my new truck. I just wouldn’t feel good if I overpaid. Either way I think we’re all saving a big chunk of cash by ordering from MD. Thanks 5thGenRams!
couldn’t agree more

coolhub

Reaction score
So without having to go back thru a bunch of pages, how does Tread Lightly work with Mark Dodge. May be placing an order with them next week. I know it’s a $100 membership but is there a discount code you get from Tread Lightl?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So without having to go back thru a bunch of pages, how does Tread Lightly work with Mark Dodge. May be placing an order with them next week. I know it’s a $100 membership but is there a discount code you get from Tread Lightl?

According to Aaron, They will require a copy of the membership letter And PDF copy containing an AR number from them. You send it to him before you start financing

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
Picked her up today! Financing got with me around 4:00 PM Friday, took me about 30 minutes to read through and fill out the paperwork. I think I spent about 20 minutes in the dealership (Raining hard) so I didn't get to do a good evaluation until I got home. There were a couple of very minor scratches I'll polish out tomorrow and my tailgate was a bit off on alignment as well. Very similar to the problems you had cevans.

Overall I drove home going about 75 MPH. Read the owners manual and they recommend not going above 55 MPH for the first 300 miles... oops :p

Attachments

• Resized_20220725_130504.jpeg
    Resized_20220725_130504.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 51

Dunga

Reaction score
Picked her up today! Financing got with me around 4:00 PM Friday, took me about 30 minutes to read through and fill out the paperwork. I think I spent about 20 minutes in the dealership (Raining hard) so I didn't get to do a good evaluation until I got home. There were a couple of very minor scratches I'll polish out tomorrow and my tailgate was a bit off on alignment as well. Very similar to the problems you had cevans.

Overall I drove home going about 75 MPH. Read the owners manual and they recommend not going above 55 MPH for the first 300 miles... oops :p
Congrats! That is a gorgeous truck. Wishing you many happy miles.

Users who are viewing this thread