5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

mcat79

Reaction score
Anyone have an rough estimates on how long it took from the time it was listed on Central Dispatch till you had a ride? I placed a bid at what MD recommended. Hoping to have it soon.
I think I waited 4-5 days at the recommended price. Once I bumped the offer it was picked up within a day.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I think I waited 4-5 days at the recommended price. Once I bumped the offer it was picked up within a day.
This.... a big contributing factor is the bid and availability of the drivers. As I'm waiting for mine to be built and it will be shipped, I've been watching this thread and others. Toss out a decent bid and you have potential of it being picked up quickly.

The big concern is with insane gas prices what is a "decent" bid in June 2022.

J2048B

Reaction score
e0b1a5415bfed56c2d7c742a55b12b68.jpeg

It is here, or there anyways! FINALLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbnolefan

Reaction score
How much and how many miles?
$650 and 860 miles. I read somewhere the general rule of thumb is $1 a mile but went with what MD told me. I went on the low side of their recommended range. With gas as high as it is I was expecting to pay way more.

A one way ticket to Lake Charles is about $420. Add in gas and it would have cost more to pick it up.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Just heard back from Sandi that my truck is at the port! Looks like most members’ trucks that are going to MD arrive around 18 days after the WS. That puts me at early next week. Hopefully that holds up!
Well so much for my estimation skills! :ROFLMAO: It’ll show up when it shows up I guess 🤷‍♂️

TSL

Reaction score
$650 and 860 miles. I read somewhere the general rule of thumb is $1 a mile but went with what MD told me. I went on the low side of their recommended range. With gas as high as it is I was expecting to pay way more.

A one way ticket to Lake Charles is about $420. Add in gas and it would have cost more to pick it up.
I need to ship 2400 miles to Oregon. Was going to fly down and make a road trip of it but life got in the way and I don't really have the time to do it now. Would like to do enclosed carrier shipping. Started at $2300 and got no bites. Up'd to $2400 and still nothing. Trying $2600 and will see what happens over next few days. Might have to go back to standard open carrier shipping. MD told me it's harder to get an operator with an enclosed trailer.

Dunga

Reaction score
I need to ship 2400 miles to Oregon. Was going to fly down and make a road trip of it but life got in the way and I don't really have the time to do it now. Would like to do enclosed carrier shipping. Started at $2300 and got no bites. Up'd to $2400 and still nothing. Trying $2600 and will see what happens over next few days. Might have to go back to standard open carrier shipping. MD told me it's harder to get an operator with an enclosed trailer.
Woe you signature has a whole story in it. Sorry you had to wait so long.

magnetized

Reaction score
I think that’s an automatic option on the limited. You can’t select it. I think I’ll leave it as is. I already sold my daily and driving the sports car when the wife takes her SUV.

I’m a little excited. Just deep cleaned the garage from all the winter dirt and salt. Ms. Ram will have a clean home.

View attachment 131552
Nice C7!

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Truck has an ETA of 7/7.

Seeing everyone talk about bids for delivery. I need mine shipped to NJ (~1,500mi). Can someone elaborate on exactly how this bid system works?

Do you have to use this bid system, or can they also just give you a fixed rate? Which platform do they use?

Highwayman

Reaction score
Truck has an ETA of 7/7.

Seeing everyone talk about bids for delivery. I need mine shipped to NJ (~1,500mi). Can someone elaborate on exactly how this bid system works?

Do you have to use this bid system, or can they also just give you a fixed rate? Which platform do they use?
I don’t remember the name of the service/shipping site but it seems to be all bids and then MD vets/researches bidders for their reviews. I was told 1200-1600 to NJ but didn’t want to mess around. They suggested starting at 13-1400 I said to do 1450 and got picked up the next day. Good luck!

Portland

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking for some help. I put in my order for a 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn with my local dealer on 03/01/22. It's now almost 3 and a half months later and I still don't have a D1 status. The sales guy at the dealer either quit or was fired, and nobody over there seems to know what's going on. When I ordered I was quoted 3-4 months to the truck in hand. Today when I called they told me 6-8 months from today. I'm done with these clowns. I'd like to go in tomorrow and cancel my order and go through a dealer that knows how to get things done. At this rate, interest rates will be in double digits before I get my truck.

I'm tracking my build on the '2022 orders' part of this forum and apparently my order is the oldest order on that tracker with a 6'4 bed. Not a record I'm proud of.

I don't mind ordering out of state and have read lots of great thinks about Mark Dodge in Texas. Can someone please recommend a trustworthy sales person to work with over there? I'd like to speak with someone over there before I decide to cancel my current order. I'm beyond frustrated.

Noladelmonico

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking for some help. I put in my order for a 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn with my local dealer on 03/01/22. It's now almost 3 and a half months later and I still don't have a D1 status. The sales guy at the dealer either quit or was fired, and nobody over there seems to know what's going on. When I ordered I was quoted 3-4 months to the truck in hand. Today when I called they told me 6-8 months from today. I'm done with these clowns. I'd like to go in tomorrow and cancel my order and go through a dealer that knows how to get things done. At this rate, interest rates will be in double digits before I get my truck.

I'm tracking my build on the '2022 orders' part of this forum and apparently my order is the oldest order on that tracker with a 6'4 bed. Not a record I'm proud of.

I don't mind ordering out of state and have read lots of great thinks about Mark Dodge in Texas. Can someone please recommend a trustworthy sales person to work with over there? I'd like to speak with someone over there before I decide to cancel my current order. I'm beyond frustrated.
It is in lake Charles Louisiana. Sandi or Aaron can get you taken care of. Sandi’s email is [email protected]

Dunga

Reaction score
It is in lake Charles Louisiana. Sandi or Aaron can get you taken care of. Sandi’s email is [email protected]
Ditto what he said. Look at my posts above. She has you build it on ram trucks site then send her the link. She’ll then email you a break down of the costs and your out the door bill. $1 grand wire gets you an order. you can either drive/fly down to Louisiana to pick her up or have her shipped. Easiest business transaction I’ve had.

aussie_ram

Reaction score

Don't even waste a second more of your time with the shady dealer, cancel your order with them (if it was even placed by them, sounds like it wasn't) and hit up Mark Dodge. You'll be taken care of every step of the way.There's 96 pages of testimonials to give you some confidence here.

Users who are viewing this thread