5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 131135

Here it is! That was unbelievably fast and seamless. I was humming and hawing about chrome bumper vs paint. Not an expensive option and honestly both look great to me. So keeping the Chrome. FYI Stellantis raised their MSRP on the Limited by $990 or thereabouts. This was in the last 36 hours. The website still shows the old pricing I think. I still think I got a terrific deal and will use whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery vs the ones available now whichever is better in addition to the sale price discount. There's a sort of an order tracker post on the forums I think so I should go add my order there. When the truck arrives wife and I will fly down to LA to pick it up, then spend the weekend in New Orleans. Never been there so looking forward to some good food! Then it's an 1,100 mile trip home we will probably do over two days since my wife needs to pee every 2 hours. Not really but kind of. I know it's too early but man I'm getting excited to take delivery.

I thought I read on this forum somewhere that the 10th Anniversary package was discontinued months ago . . .

tony504

Reaction score
View attachment 131135

Here it is! That was unbelievably fast and seamless. I was humming and hawing about chrome bumper vs paint. Not an expensive option and honestly both look great to me. So keeping the Chrome. FYI Stellantis raised their MSRP on the Limited by $990 or thereabouts. This was in the last 36 hours. The website still shows the old pricing I think. I still think I got a terrific deal and will use whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery vs the ones available now whichever is better in addition to the sale price discount. There's a sort of an order tracker post on the forums I think so I should go add my order there. When the truck arrives wife and I will fly down to LA to pick it up, then spend the weekend in New Orleans. Never been there so looking forward to some good food! Then it's an 1,100 mile trip home we will probably do over two days since my wife needs to pee every 2 hours. Not really but kind of. I know it's too early but man I'm getting excited to take delivery.
I'm in Nola... Hope you have a good time here!

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
When the truck arrives wife and I will fly down to LA to pick it up, then spend the weekend in New Orleans. Never been there so looking forward to some good food! Then it's an 1,100 mile trip home we will probably do over two days since my wife needs to pee every 2 hours. Not really but kind of. I know it's too early but man I'm getting excited to take delivery.
That's exactly what I did, just be ready to make last-minute plans.

Mine came in early so I quickly got on google flights and booked some cheap airfare. My wife and I flew Spirit for $63ea, it was a little over an hour flight, so I survived.
You could have M.D. meet you at the airport when you land and then you'll have the truck for the weekend.
I chose to Uber to the hotel, enjoy walking through the city, eat, sleep, eat some more, walk through the city, eat some more (good F'ing food), and then the truck came when we were ready to check out. I didn't have to deal with parking or worrying about the truck being messed with in New Orleans. It's a great place to visit, but some sketchy places I wouldn't want to park a day-old truck.

You even picked the right color. Nice work.

I see you ended up going with the e-locker instead of the anti-spin diff.
Patriot Blue's only issue is it doesn't have a Night Edition Trim. Only Chrome or Sport.....at least for the Laramie.

I see another member has a Limited with the color scheme I wanted (drool):
51218707684_437726ce9e_b.jpg

That 1100 mile trip will be easy in this truck. You'll be wishing it was longer! :)

Hope you enjoy the new toy!
I'll be taking mine round trip from Tampa to Upstate NY in July. I bought mine as a long-range road tripper, and it's definitely met my expectations. Quiet, smooth, and the assists are just right to comfortably cruise the highway. I'll still defend the 3.21, sitting around 70-75, the RPMs are low, the cab is quiet, and contrary to popular belief, it almost never shifts out of 8th. I have to be accelerating up a steep hill or bridge before it tries 7th. 480ft-lbs of torque doesn't disappoint at low RPMs.

IMO, take your time coming home. You'll be working on someone else's schedule, so it's hard to plan sleep. 800-1200mi is a single sitting for me, but for this trip, I really pushed myself. It was only about 650mi, but I spent the whole morning in N.O, the whole evening in Pensacola, and THEN I had an 8 hour drive to Tampa without sleep. I did end up switching with my wife for about 2 hours. It's much easier to sleep in the Ram than it was in my Frontier.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Patriot Blue's only issue is it doesn't have a Night Edition Trim. Only Chrome or Sport.....at least for the Laramie.

I'd have gone with the Southwest Edition anyway. If I decide to move up to a 3500, will definitely be a Patriot Blue Night Edition.

Dunga

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did, just be ready to make last-minute plans.

Mine came in early so I quickly got on google flights and booked some cheap airfare. My wife and I flew Spirit for $63ea, it was a little over an hour flight, so I survived.
You could have M.D. meet you at the airport when you land and then you'll have the truck for the weekend.
I chose to Uber to the hotel, enjoy walking through the city, eat, sleep, eat some more, walk through the city, eat some more (good F'ing food), and then the truck came when we were ready to check out. I didn't have to deal with parking or worrying about the truck being messed with in New Orleans. It's a great place to visit, but some sketchy places I wouldn't want to park a day-old truck.

I'll be taking mine round trip from Tampa to Upstate NY in July. I bought mine as a long-range road tripper, and it's definitely met my expectations. Quiet, smooth, and the assists are just right to comfortably cruise the highway. I'll still defend the 3.21, sitting around 70-75, the RPMs are low, the cab is quiet, and contrary to popular belief, it almost never shifts out of 8th. I have to be accelerating up a steep hill or bridge before it tries 7th. 480ft-lbs of torque doesn't disappoint at low RPMs.

IMO, take your time coming home. You'll be working on someone else's schedule, so it's hard to plan sleep. 800-1200mi is a single sitting for me, but for this trip, I really pushed myself. It was only about 650mi, but I spent the whole morning in N.O, the whole evening in Pensacola, and THEN I had an 8 hour drive to Tampa without sleep. I did end up switching with my wife for about 2 hours. It's much easier to sleep in the Ram than it was in my Frontier.

That’s the trickiest part is that my schedule is not flexible. They said we can finalize money stuff and hold the truck till I’m able to come down. Planning to fly in cheaply to Lake Charles then head to New Orleans for a night or two. I’m a foodie and have been suffering in the Midwest haha.

Patriot Blue is stunning. I debated on body color bumpers but I guess the rock chips are horrid and honestly didn’t think the chrome looked that bad so that’s what I spec’d. It was a bit of a cordial fight with the lady because she loves sparkly white. I didn’t want another white car after my last Diamond White E63. I told her when it’s her cars turn she can pick day glow yellow if she wanted to.

Never thought I’d own a truck and now here we are. I guess it was time to grow up. 😄

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Just heard back from Sandi that my truck is at the port! Looks like most members’ trucks that are going to MD arrive around 18 days after the WS. That puts me at early next week. Hopefully that holds up!

Dunga

Reaction score
Just heard back from Sandi that my truck is at the port! Looks like most members’ trucks that are going to MD arrive around 18 days after the WS. That puts me at early next week. Hopefully that holds up!

That’s awesome! Sandi quoted me 12-25+ weeks. Said it’s really all over the place. I got a Vin today.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the trickiest part is that my schedule is not flexible. They said we can finalize money stuff and hold the truck till I’m able to come down. Planning to fly in cheaply to Lake Charles then head to New Orleans for a night or two. I’m a foodie and have been suffering in the Midwest haha.

Patriot Blue is stunning. I debated on body color bumpers but I guess the rock chips are horrid and honestly didn’t think the chrome looked that bad so that’s what I spec’d. It was a bit of a cordial fight with the lady because she loves sparkly white. I didn’t want another white car after my last Diamond White E63. I told her when it’s her cars turn she can pick day glow yellow if she wanted to.

Never thought I’d own a truck and now here we are. I guess it was time to grow up. 😄
20220522_140620.jpg

brewdad

Reaction score
Yes definitely going with the 33 gallon tank. Payload doesn’t matter nope. It’s an oversized trunk for me that I can throw strollers in just as well as go to Home Depot.
I do not see Bed Utility Group listed in your build---you will need this in addition to the Ram Box in order to get the Bed Divider that comes with these two groups.

Dunga

Reaction score
I do not see Bed Utility Group listed in your build---you will need this in addition to the Ram Box in order to get the Bed Divider that comes with these two groups.

It’s part of the 10th anniversary edition. Can’t select both.

Dunga

Reaction score
Well I guess my order went into D1 the next day. So I either take the E locker or order another with anti slip. The next order has no guarantee on when it’ll be picked up. They’re expecting the truck to be shipped by the end of June which is awesome and not expected.

I figure if it ends up being too much trouble in the snow I can just get snow tires on 20” beater wheels. What would you all do?

CharlieD

Reaction score
Quick question on bed covers. What would y'all recommend? Mainly want something fairly close to water-tight and lockable, but don't want to break the bank either. Thanks in advance.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does MD sell the Mopar Protection Plans? Any luck getting them to price match?
Mine was through LDS and the price I paid was pretty close to what others have been quoted elsewhere for essentially the same warranty. Biggest benefit to the LDS warranty with MD is flexibility, which was my highest priority.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess my order went into D1 the next day. So I either take the E locker or order another with anti slip. The next order has no guarantee on when it’ll be picked up. They’re expecting the truck to be shipped by the end of June which is awesome and not expected.

I figure if it ends up being too much trouble in the snow I can just get snow tires on 20” beater wheels. What would you all do?
I don't know if I would change the order over that, but I don't think I'd ever use the locker on a Limited.

If you don't need the truck soon, and would rather have the anti-spin differential, it'd be hard for me to spend $70k+ on a truck that wasn't exactly what I wanted.

MO Rebel

Reaction score

Did you order the electronic shift on demand transfer case? I wanted a Rebel, but they only come with the e-locker. I would have actually preferred the limited slip since I don’t plan to do any serious off road wheeling in my truck. I added the auto 4wd since that will suffice for 98% of snow situations, but I’ve still got the e-locker for serious deep snow or if I ever need it.

Dunga

Reaction score
Did you order the electronic shift on demand transfer case? I wanted a Rebel, but they only come with the e-locker. I would have actually preferred the limited slip since I don’t plan to do any serious off road wheeling in my truck. I added the auto 4wd since that will suffice for 98% of snow situations, but I’ve still got the e-locker for serious deep snow or if I ever need it.

I think that’s an automatic option on the limited. You can’t select it. I think I’ll leave it as is. I already sold my daily and driving the sports car when the wife takes her SUV.

I’m a little excited. Just deep cleaned the garage from all the winter dirt and salt. Ms. Ram will have a clean home.

EC44FCA0-05DC-41A4-AE82-E42A525FDF5E.jpeg

tbnolefan

Reaction score
Anyone have an rough estimates on how long it took from the time it was listed on Central Dispatch till you had a ride? I placed a bid at what MD recommended. Hoping to have it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread