5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck arrived at MD on 05/13, 9 days after the WS was published. Much faster than expected. I was out of the country at the time due to a family bereavement, I explained the situation to Aaron, and asked for his forbearance till I got back home to deal with the paperwork. He assured me to put family first and he'd be able to work things out for me. Absolute gentleman.
I'm back now and just getting going on the paperwork.
I need to do some research on Ceramic Coating, I've seen a lot of folks on here speak highly of getting that done. I'm not really a detailer kind of person, I figure the truck's going to "lose its shine" over time ( trips to the woods, kids, hauling firewood, hay for sheep etc ! ), but if it helps preserve it for a bit longer maybe it's worthwhile. I'm getting offered a ceramic coating from MD for $700, Aaron says they do send it to an outside shop, and that it's more like a $1500 retail price if I was to walk in off the street. He says as long as I hand wash the truck and don't take it to a car wash the coating would last 2 yrs before needing touching up. If I don't get it done at this point, it's fairly unlikely I'll bother hunting down a place locally to do it.
There is a place in Green Bay WI that is $1200 for the whole truck with a 10 year warranty and that price includes the yearly maintenance. They make their own formulation. It has a 9H hardness. The 5 year is $900. The only difference is how many coats they put on (7ish IIRC coats for the 10 year). He has a guy whose cirvette he did a year ago who road course races it and no chips. Just to give you an idea of pricing, at least what I am aware of.

TSL

Reaction score
I'd probably ask for the shop and package they're installing. Sounds like you're getting a consumer grade coating, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...but, I'm doing mine myself for $60 and I expect it to last 5-7 years.
Thanks for feedback. I did call a local shop in my area ( Portland Pro Detail and Ceramic Coatings ), and first thing he said at the price I mentioned was I'd probably be getting a consumer grade coating at that price. His prices range 1900 to 2500 depending on the level chosen.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback. I did call a local shop in my area ( Portland Pro Detail and Ceramic Coatings ), and first thing he said at the price I mentioned was I'd probably be getting a consumer grade coating at that price. His prices range 1900 to 2500 depending on the level chosen.
You bet.

For me, at that price I'd ask Aaron to leave the truck unwashed and coat it myself. You should have minimal correction to do (I didn't have any), and it's really not a complicated or labor intensive process to apply the coating. I think Optimum Gloss Coat is the easiest I've ever applied, and mine was still going strong after three years when I traded that truck in.

Also understand anyone who'd rather just pay the money for someone else to do it.

eaglemike

Reaction score
Damn thats a great price who did u go with? And was it a while back?
I got it a week ago yesterday, so pretty recent. It ended up taking a day longer than originally quoted. I think the guy likely juggled a couple more vehicle deliveries along the way.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
This thread (and the price negotiated from MSRP) were very helpful for me, so I thought I'd give my inputs.

Mark Dodge and Sandi specifically were very easy to work with.

1500 Laramie 4x2
MSRP - $59,175
Negotiated rate - $51,218
Additional discounts - TBD, currently $500 conquest cash and 0% for 60 months.

Sandi mentioned it'd likely be 12-16 weeks on delivery. However if it's that long, I could easily roll into the '23 model year build. I'm assuming that it would be built prior to the 8/6/22 cutoff date?

Ordered 5/25
VIN 5/27

Now the wait begins

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread (and the price negotiated from MSRP) were very helpful for me, so I thought I'd give my inputs.

Mark Dodge and Sandi specifically were very easy to work with.

1500 Laramie 4x2
MSRP - $59,175
Negotiated rate - $51,218
Additional discounts - TBD, currently $500 conquest cash and 0% for 60 months.

Sandi mentioned it'd likely be 12-16 weeks on delivery. However if it's that long, I could easily roll into the '23 model year build. I'm assuming that it would be built prior to the 8/6/22 cutoff date?

Ordered 5/25
VIN 5/27

Now the wait begins
I thought the 2022 order window was already closed and it's only 2023 now?

Solracer

Reaction score
I picked mine up on Saturday. I told Aaron(left) and Billy(right) that I wanted to take a photo and I was going tp post it on the forum. lol I want to say, this has been a great buying experience and would buy again. I DID find a few flaws that Aaron is getting taken care of. Looks like I will be trading trucks this week or next while they address the issues and make it right. I Love the truck!

1654003130741.png

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I picked mine up on Saturday. I told Aaron(left) and Billy(right) that I wanted to take a photo and I was going tp post it on the forum. lol I want to say, this has been a great buying experience and would buy again. I DID find a few flaws that Aaron is getting taken care of. Looks like I will be trading trucks this week or next while they address the issues and make it right. I Love the truck!

View attachment 130916
Great pic! Congrats!

Would you mind sharing what you found either publically or in a private message? It may help those of us who will be getting ours soon. Will be curious what to look out for.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I got mine over Memorial Day weekend. Worked out really good. I wasn't 100% sure when it was coming in, so I had to make some last-minute plans. My Wife and I found some cheap airline tickets from Tampa to New Orleans and we booked our hotel, along with some good places to eat for the weekend. Got a mini-vacation out of the trip.

I realized it would've been a royal pain to rent a car, drive 3 hours West to get the truck and then 6 hours east to Pensacola, so I asked if they would deliver. MD had 2 other trucks to deliver to New Orleans that day, so they came in a convoy and delivered right to my hotel. Ace Service. Absolute beast of a truck. Got about 31mpg going from N.O. to Pensacola, I'm hoping it goes up a bit when it's broken in.
Ie9XlTi.jpg

8kDB1Gy.jpg

YU86eFo.jpg

Already moving around some trailers, and I'm pretty satisfied with the Towing Economy
xi4a56x.jpg

ynmob5A.jpg

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I got mine over Memorial Day weekend. Worked out really good. I wasn't 100% sure when it was coming in, so I had to make some last-minute plans. My Wife and I found some cheap airline tickets from Tampa to New Orleans and we booked our hotel, along with some good places to eat for the weekend. Got a mini-vacation out of the trip.

I realized it would've been a royal pain to rent a car, drive 3 hours West to get the truck and then 6 hours east to Pensacola, so I asked if they would deliver. MD had 2 other trucks to deliver to New Orleans that day, so they came in a convoy and delivered right to my hotel. Ace Service. Absolute beast of a truck. Got about 31mpg going from N.O. to Pensacola, I'm hoping it goes up a bit when it's broken in.
Ie9XlTi.jpg

8kDB1Gy.jpg

YU86eFo.jpg

Already moving around some trailers, and I'm pretty satisfied with the Towing Economy
xi4a56x.jpg

ynmob5A.jpg
Congrats on the truck! I used to live in Tampa. Go Bulls!

I will neither confirm nor deny how long it took me to realize your MPG is referring to an EcoDiesel. :ROFLMAO: I was like "damn that's some decent MPG... oh wait it's a diesel". LOL!

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! I used to live in Tampa. Go Bulls!

I will neither confirm nor deny how long it took me to realize your MPG is referring to an EcoDiesel. :ROFLMAO: I was like "damn that's some decent MPG... oh wait it's a diesel". LOL!
It's definitely the engine I was looking for. It's about the same 0-60 as my Nissan Frontier, upper 7's to lower 8s. It's definitely not as fast as some of the cars I've owned, but it pulls incredibly smooth and quiet, with just a hint of Turbo sound. If I wanted something faster, I have my eyes on the new 400hp Z or the V6 Supra, now that it (finally) got a 6MT.

I'm still glad I didn't get the 12" screen. I was regretting it for a while, but there are a LOT of settings that I didn't have the time to go through while I was in N.O. It's nice to have straight-forward buttons and knobs that I could quickly map out in my head. I took delivery parked on the sidewalk in an unfamiliar town and driving an unfamiliar vehicle from the get-go, and sat there hooking up my front dash cam and radar detector. I eventually managed to get Android Auto up, but, my phone was being finicky. I didn't mess with the on-screen profile settings until I got home (700mi later).

I like Android Auto, aside from all of the connection issues, and what makes things worse is that my phone's USB port is borked, so it will only connect if I bend the connector up. Eventually that's going to fail :(

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still glad I didn't get the 12" screen. I was regretting it for a while, but there are a LOT of settings that I didn't have the time to go through while I was in N.O. It's nice to have straight-forward buttons and knobs that I could quickly map out in my head. I took delivery parked on the sidewalk in an unfamiliar town and driving an unfamiliar vehicle from the get-go, and sat there hooking up my front dash cam and radar detector. I eventually managed to get Android Auto up, but, my phone was being finicky. I didn't mess with the on-screen profile settings until I got home (700mi later).
It was definitely a lot at first, but now that it's set up the way I like it, I don't think I could get another truck without it.
I like Android Auto, aside from all of the connection issues, and what makes things worse is that my phone's USB port is borked, so it will only connect if I bend the connector up. Eventually that's going to fail :(
I had some issues at first with my phone constantly disconnecting, and the truck wanting to switch to my wife's phone on wireless instead of my phone that was plugged. Ordered a new cable, and so far, so good.

cleigh

Reaction score

Ie9XlTi.jpg

8kDB1Gy.jpg

YU86eFo.jpg

xi4a56x.jpg

ynmob5A.jpg

Hey, did you have all your financing squared away and paperwork signed prior to flying down there? IE was the delivery at the hotel just a "sign to receive the car" sort of thing?

I'll be flying down from Delaware, so I'm curious how the sign off goes! Thanks!

J2048B

Reaction score
My truck had an eta of may 16- 26, and now its no where to be found, even stellantis doesnt know where it is, my new arrival date is TBD…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread