5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Was anyone told their truck was ever in KZS? I’ve tried to read up on what that code actually means, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

Highwayman

Reaction score
So the one thing I don’t love is the Mark Dodge sticker on the back glass. Anyone remove theirs? Just a razor blade job or did you use a heat gun first? I don’t want to find out the hard way that the back glass scratches super easily or shatters under moderate heat. :) thx!

fliptide

Reaction score
So the one thing I don’t love is the Mark Dodge sticker on the back glass. Anyone remove theirs? Just a razor blade job or did you use a heat gun first? I don’t want to find out the hard way that the back glass scratches super easily or shatters under moderate heat. :) thx!
Mine peeled right off. First thing I did when delivered. Just used my fingers, came right off.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LMAO. Guess I was overthinking it. Peeled right off with fingers. Thanks!
I need to do the same. Have had it for 2 weeks and today, programed radio stations, hand wash and Griots 3 in 1, then huskey mud/splash guards. Working way up to the sticker next week. I dont think someone here in Pa is going to buy due to this sticker plus I already referred 2 sales to them.

Attachments

• 20220522_140620.jpg
    20220522_140620.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220522_140514.jpg
    20220522_140514.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220522_140548.jpg
    20220522_140548.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220522_140741.jpg
    20220522_140741.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 56

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I need to do the same. Have had it for 2 weeks and today, programed radio stations, hand wash and Griots 3 in 1, then huskey mud/splash guards. Working way up to the sticker next week. I dont think someone here in Pa is going to buy due to this sticker plus I already referred 2 sales to them.
Good luck with keeping the presets. I’ve done mine probably 10 times now. Usually lasts 2-3 days max before the stupid UConnect 5 resets them randomly. Still no fix that I’m aware of.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good luck with keeping the presets. I’ve done mine probably 10 times now. Usually lasts 2-3 days max before the stupid UConnect 5 resets them randomly. Still no fix that I’m aware of.
Did you update and factory reset it?
I haven't lost my presets in my 22 yet.

TSL

Reaction score
My truck arrived at MD on 05/13, 9 days after the WS was published. Much faster than expected. I was out of the country at the time due to a family bereavement, I explained the situation to Aaron, and asked for his forbearance till I got back home to deal with the paperwork. He assured me to put family first and he'd be able to work things out for me. Absolute gentleman.
I'm back now and just getting going on the paperwork.
I need to do some research on Ceramic Coating, I've seen a lot of folks on here speak highly of getting that done. I'm not really a detailer kind of person, I figure the truck's going to "lose its shine" over time ( trips to the woods, kids, hauling firewood, hay for sheep etc ! ), but if it helps preserve it for a bit longer maybe it's worthwhile. I'm getting offered a ceramic coating from MD for $700, Aaron says they do send it to an outside shop, and that it's more like a $1500 retail price if I was to walk in off the street. He says as long as I hand wash the truck and don't take it to a car wash the coating would last 2 yrs before needing touching up. If I don't get it done at this point, it's fairly unlikely I'll bother hunting down a place locally to do it.

Attachments

• RebelEcoDiesel_MD.jpg
    RebelEcoDiesel_MD.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 37

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck arrived at MD on 05/13, 9 days after the WS was published. Much faster than expected. I was out of the country at the time due to a family bereavement, I explained the situation to Aaron, and asked for his forbearance till I got back home to deal with the paperwork. He assured me to put family first and he'd be able to work things out for me. Absolute gentleman.
I'm back now and just getting going on the paperwork.
I need to do some research on Ceramic Coating, I've seen a lot of folks on here speak highly of getting that done. I'm not really a detailer kind of person, I figure the truck's going to "lose its shine" over time ( trips to the woods, kids, hauling firewood, hay for sheep etc ! ), but if it helps preserve it for a bit longer maybe it's worthwhile. I'm getting offered a ceramic coating from MD for $700, Aaron says they do send it to an outside shop, and that it's more like a $1500 retail price if I was to walk in off the street. He says as long as I hand wash the truck and don't take it to a car wash the coating would last 2 yrs before needing touching up. If I don't get it done at this point, it's fairly unlikely I'll bother hunting down a place locally to do it.
I'd probably ask for the shop and package they're installing. Sounds like you're getting a consumer grade coating, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...but, I'm doing mine myself for $60 and I expect it to last 5-7 years.

cleigh

Reaction score

Well, I'm in Delaware and I just ordered there due to this forum :p
But no, the sticker won't do anything - I plan to remove mine too!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm in Delaware and I just ordered there due to this forum :p
But no, the sticker won't do anything - I plan to remove mine too!
Aaron had one of his service guys remove it while I was inspecting the truck. Drove off the lot sans sticker. Left the tag holder on for about a month. As stated earlier, not much good to advertise MD in Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online