5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Derek916

Reaction score
Who did u go thru for shipping and what was the cost if u dont mind me asking? Im north of u….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MD coordinates it. They prepare a bid and hopefully someone accepts it. I think I paid 1600.

MBDC

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie Southwest Edition was totaled on Easter by someone who failed to yield. Thankfully everyone was okay.

I saw that a Southwest Edition was "in transit" so I ended up contacting Aaron from Mark Dodge and he linked me up with Michael. The truck just so happened to arrive at the lot. I'm in Texas so I opted to have it delivered and just got it yesterday. I got a great deal and it was an easy process.

Highwayman

Reaction score
For those who shipped up from MD.. did you tip the driver if you were happy with the condition of the truck? Not sure if they are mostly owner/operators or employees of larger companies. Thanks!

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must be cheap because I didn't tip the guy. He charged me $800 to deliver the truck from MD, but he was passing through from Houston and was going to Orlando already, and had an open space on his flatbed. If he didn't get my truck, he was still coming this way, so I felt the $800 was basically a gift already!

Highwayman

Reaction score
I must be cheap because I didn't tip the guy. He charged me $800 to deliver the truck from MD, but he was passing through from Houston and was going to Orlando already, and had an open space on his flatbed. If he didn't get my truck, he was still coming this way, so I felt the $800 was basically a gift already!
True. You were just gravy.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those who shipped up from MD.. did you tip the driver if you were happy with the condition of the truck? Not sure if they are mostly owner/operators or employees of larger companies. Thanks!
I went and picked mine up from MD, but I've had two vehicles shipped in the past. I tipped both $200 because I felt like they took extra care of my vehicles.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, found scratches and he played it off, and then rubbed some compond on them to make them disappear which didnt work, then i spent 25 minutes getting the crap off my paint. MD is taking care of me.

eaglemike

Reaction score
My truck was picked up at Mark Dodge today, supposed to be here Monday! All the way to California in 2 days and change!
My experience buying from them was as painless as could be. They made everything easy. They are by far the best dealer I've ever bought from.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't tip them. They are charging you to pick up and deliver your car. It is their job to deliver your car in perfect condition. Its not like you ordered a pizza for $15 and then someone delivered it to you. Besides most of those companies overcharge as it is.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't tip them. They are charging you to pick up and deliver your car. It is their job to deliver your car in perfect condition. Its not like you ordered a pizza for $15 and then someone delivered it to you. Besides most of those companies overcharge as it is.
fxvN.gif

bombaman

Reaction score
If they somehow go above any beyond (like, did they wash the billon bugs off it for example), something, sure. But if they just drop off the car in the same condition it was picked up? No. Hotshot freight drivers wouldnt normally get tips from buisnesses they do pickups/dropoffs for.

tbnolefan

Reaction score
Dumb question. If shipping, does it ride with any kind of protective wrap from the factory? It’s bug season here and I’d imagine the trip from LA to here is gonna be love bug central.

Last edited:

Highwayman

Reaction score
Dumb question. If shipping, does it ride with any kind of protective wrap from the factory? It’s bug season here and I’d imagine the trip from LA to here is gonna be love bug central.
Mine did not. No bugs but needs a wash. You can pay extra for covered transport I believe.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question. If shipping, do they bring the truck to your house? I live in a fairly urban area and I don’t see a large car carrier getting into my hood. Also, does it ride with any kind of protective wrap from the factory? It’s bug season here and I’d imagine the trip from LA to here is gonna be love bug central.
When i had mine delivered they said they could not bringing it to the house due to them seeing trees over the roads...so i just met them down the street at a plaza along a state hiway

Users who are viewing this thread