5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

klammer

Reaction score
Question for those buying from MD. I take it you are selling your vehicles outright (private sales)? No trade in with the prices MD is giving?

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Question for those buying from MD. I take it you are selling your vehicles outright (private sales)? No trade in with the prices MD is giving?
I sold my Tacoma to a dealer that offers great prices. Wife and I have sold 3 vechiles to them. The plan is to have a nice down payment.

slowindown

Reaction score
I did not ask about a trade. I’m keeping my old truck for awhile longer, at least a couple of years until I retire to keep from putting too many miles on the new one. I didn’t figure it was worth much as I bought it new 15 years ago and have put 230k miles on it. 07 Dodge Ram 1500.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woohoo. Got the call from MD today that my truck arrived. I called and completed all the paperwork. Hopefully it will be home soon.

Ordered: 02/07
VIN: 02/09
B/S: 04/11
W/S: 04/13
Dealer: 05/02

$9K below MSRP + $2,750.00 in coupons and incentives + 0% for 48 mo. Thanks to Sandi, Aaron and Jason at Mark Dodge. Entire process so far was very simple.

1DED830B-D710-47F1-91A2-9B71017695E1.jpeg 480EEED0-3D76-4B5F-B268-8DABDC4A57E1.jpeg

Highwayman

Reaction score
Woohoo. Got the call from MD today that my truck arrived. I called and completed all the paperwork. Hopefully it will be home soon.

$9K below MSRP + $2,750.00 in coupons and incentives + 0% for 48 mo. Thanks to Sandi, Aaron and Jason at Mark Dodge. Entire process so far was very simple.

View attachment 128442 View attachment 128443
Congrats! Mine arrived today as well. Hoping to close out paperwork tomorrow. Are you shipping or flying down?

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I'm doing the same. If you are open, I'll be curious to hear about your experience when its done and you take possession.

My truck hasn't been built yet so I'm guessing another 4 weeks or so until I hear it's been built and then I can have the shipping discussion with MD.

Nbv316

Reaction score
I'm doing the same. If you are open, I'll be curious to hear about your experience when its done and you take possession.

My truck hasn't been built yet so I'm guessing another 4 weeks or so until I hear it's been built and then I can have the shipping discussion with MD.
Just a heads up on the shipping from my own experience recently, if you're wanting it quickly, then you may want to bid a little higher to start. I'm in KS (about 700 miles away from MD) so the delivery team suggested that I start my bid at $650. After a week of no shipper taking the bid, we raised it to $750 and still nothing for another week. We then raised it to $900 and the bid was taken in 10 minutes. The shipping company picked it up the next day and it arrived a couple of days later.

When it arrived on the three car trailer, the shipper and I both took pictures of the truck for our records and I inspected everything before they left. No issues with the delivery process in terms of shipping.

Make sure to check everything though. I found that one of the connectors in the driver's door was not connected so the door handle electronics didn't work (outside lock/unlock button and unlock sensor on the back of the handle) and I could hear it moving around in the door. Aaron coordinated getting this fixed with my local dealership and now it all works.

Good luck with your shipping!

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Just a heads up on the shipping from my own experience recently, if you're wanting it quickly, then you may want to bid a little higher to start. I'm in KS (about 700 miles away from MD) so the delivery team suggested that I start my bid at $650. After a week of no shipper taking the bid, we raised it to $750 and still nothing for another week. We then raised it to $900 and the bid was taken in 10 minutes. The shipping company picked it up the next day and it arrived a couple of days later.

When it arrived on the three car trailer, the shipper and I both took pictures of the truck for our records and I inspected everything before they left. No issues with the delivery process.

Make sure to check everything though. I found that one of the connectors in the driver's door was not connected so the door handle electronics didn't work (outside lock/unlock button and unlock sensor on the back of the handle) and I could hear it moving around in the door. Aaron coordinated getting this fixed with my local dealership and now it all works.

Good luck with your shipping!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll admit I'm a bit nervous with the shipping. I've seen pics of buyers having their trucks delivered on a single flat bed or up to a full blown car carrier. I'm nervous about any highways debris like rocks and stuff. Does MD require that every driver have insurance? Who is liable for the care during transport? 100% on the shipper?

honeybadger49

Reaction score
To add another data point. I ordered my 3500 Limited with the HO on 1-19 and it was delivered to Mark Dodge on 4-25. Picked up last weekend and loving the truck. Bit of an adjustment coming from a history of Ford's, but absolutely zero regrets.

IMG_0847.jpeg

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did they open 22's to ordering? Asking to gauge when 23's "might" start.
Ordering opened mid June of 2021 but they didn't start production until the end of August/beginning of September if I remember correctly. Mine showed up to the dealership mid February.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 128442 View attachment 128443
Can you break down the $2750 rebates?

Congrats!

Derek916

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I'll admit I'm a bit nervous with the shipping. I've seen pics of buyers having their trucks delivered on a single flat bed or up to a full blown car carrier. I'm nervous about any highways debris like rocks and stuff. Does MD require that every driver have insurance? Who is liable for the care during transport? 100% on the shipper?
My shipper's truck broke down 600 miles away from my house in Los Angeles and got stuck there for a week at his "cousin's house". Truck did arrive perfectly fine though covered in many bugs from all of the driving though. Would still do it again as it is still worth the convenience IMO. Don't know about the liability since the truck is under your name before it ships so it is technically your responsibility I would assume, but MD cares a lot about their reputation so I wouldn't worry about it too much it.

Nbv316

Reaction score
I've attached part of the email you will get when the truck arrives at MD. They use Central Dispatch which as far as I can tell is like an Ebay for shipping stuff. You put in your bid of how much you are offering and a transporter will take the bid if they want it. Like you said, it could be a a wide range of shipping vehicles. It just depends on who takes the bid. If I remember right, somebody on this forum shipping to WA specified that they wanted an enclosed trailer so you will have to bid a bit higher for that. Mine came on a three car trailer bass ackwards. That tailgate was filthy.

As for insurance, I don't know if MD requires it from the transporter (since they are just connecting you to the transporter) but they do require your truck to be insured before they release it to the transporter. That makes me feel like it would be on your insurance should anything happen on the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-122603_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-122603_Email.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220411_130006.jpg
    20220411_130006.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 45

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've attached part of the email you will get when the truck arrives at MD. They use Central Dispatch which as far as I can tell is like an Ebay for shipping stuff. You put in your bid of how much you are offering and a transporter will take the bid if they want it. Like you said, it could be a a wide range of shipping vehicles. It just depends on who takes the bid. If I remember right, somebody on this forum shipping to WA specified that they wanted an enclosed trailer so you will have to bid a bit higher for that. Mine came on a three car trailer bass ackwards. That tailgate was filthy.

As for insurance, I don't know if MD requires it from the transporter (since they are just connecting you to the transporter) but they do require your truck to be insured before they release it to the transporter. That makes me feel like it would be on your insurance should anything happen on the way.
Mine is shipping out to PA on thurdsay, i was told 1000 to 1600 for shipping. I put a bid in for 1250 and got accepted within minutes for a company that was headed this way, last spot available, Cody told me it was a very good company. Shippers are vetted for insurance etc. Both the dealer and shipping company go over the truck before it leaves to make sure there is no damage. I was told if it shows up damaged, its on the shippers insurance, your insurance is need because you must have it when registering your car in your state..at least in Pa. Aaron said call if theres any issues and he will take care of it, even if it a dirty carpet seat etc...they want to make sure you are 110% happy because they want word of mouth referrals for new and return customers and want perfect 10's on the ram customer surveys, due to how many they get to buy from ram..
I have been dealing with a truck that showef up damage from the factory ( fender flare was scratched). For over a week i have been getting calls for multiple employees from Mark Dodge making things right and informing and checking on me, about every move they making to get it right! They are top notch in my belief. SH!T they could have fixed it and i would have never known. Hoping the reuck ahows soon!

Last edited:

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

Wow thank you this is good to know! Really appreciate all the info.

Thanks for the feedback as well @Derek916 and @New1500customram

TSL

Reaction score
Thought I'd share what Renae at MD told me. Do note I have not yet received my truck, so no direct shipping experience. However, she said the carrier's insurance covers any damage that is clearly on them, eg getting a ding on the door when loading it or the like, but if it gets caught in a nasty hailstorm on the way, or something flies off a big rig on the highway and hits it etc, that's on your insurance to cover that sort of stuff. Really the kind of things that could happen if you flew down and drove it home yourself. I guess the safest way is to ship enclosed carrier which costs a bit more. @Duckfan1967 did that if I recall right and posted some pics when his truck arrived, it looked very snug and secure.

Users who are viewing this thread