5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Nbv316

Reaction score
Does anyone have MD arrange the shipping to your home? I was told my truck was loaded on the trailer for shipping last night but so far the RAM app is still showing the truck location at the dealer lot. Does the location tracking work?
This is just my opinion from what I noticed during my delivery, but I think the RAM app only records the location when the when the truck is turned on or off and not while it is being transported on the trailer. During transport, my truck would register the location when the driver shuffles the truck on their trailer with other vehicles they pick up along the way. I was constantly refreshing the location during the time it took to get here to KS from MD and it never once showed being on a highway. It always showed the location being at another car dealership along the way. Normally the location feature on the RAM app would be used to find where you last parked in a huge parking lot, so it would have been the last time the truck was turned off and recorded a GPS location. That's just my theory though.

My guess as to why it still shows your truck being at the MD lot is that the ignition has not been turned on since it left the lot, so it won't register another GPS location until your truck gets turned on and shuffled on the trailer or when it arrives to you.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like something changed on the 2022s in regards to tracking them once on their way from dealer to you. I tracked my 2021 last June and it seemed pretty accurate and up to date the whole time, I could check location once and then refresh 20 minutes later and see the truck approximately 20 miles or so further up the highway for example. Or when it stopped for the night that was very evident as well, and I know several others tracked their 2021s without issue this way as well.

I know the app itself changed for 2022 rams so must have something to do with that.

g_force

Reaction score
I just picked up my truck this past week. It was a smooth transaction, and I would do it again for my next truck.

It took 5 days from it's arrival in Port Allen to get the call from Aaron that it was ready to pick up.

3DirtyRam

Reaction score
Just ordered today! Seriously the easiest, most transparent experience ordering a vehicle. Sandi was very quick to respond to my questions and now it’s just the looooong wait 😎
Hi .. quick question .. When ordering did they run your credit? Im in a little unique situation, close on a home on 5/10/2022. I don't wanna upset anything with the underwriters ... :)

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi .. quick question .. When ordering did they run your credit? Im in a little unique situation, close on a home on 5/10/2022. I don't wanna upset anything with the underwriters ... :)
no they do not run your credit. That won't happen until you do the paperwork when the vehicle arrives at the dealer. you just need to place the $1000 deposit at time of order.

fliptide

Reaction score
No they shouldn't. I did have to give them proof of credit. I sent screen shot of credit score (from free credit card monthly report).

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Roger that ... be great to take advantage to get a 3 to 4 week headstart on the order
Yeah I forget as said above, they do ask you to prove your credit score. I just sent them screenshots of my credit score through my credit card. I believe they will run your credit if you can’t prove you have a good enough credit score.

jwortsman

Reaction score
Any idea what average time is from when truck hits MD lot to when it is available for pickup/shipping?
Depends on how quickly you get through financing and all that. I got a call on a Wednesday morning and picked it up on Friday morning.

warz00

Reaction score
Depends on how quickly you get through financing and all that. I got a call on a Wednesday morning and picked it up on Friday morning.
Thx - paying cash so would think that will be sorta quick! ;) truck arrived on lot last monday and havent heard a word from the delivery team

fliptide

Reaction score
Thx - paying cash so would think that will be sorta quick! ;) truck arrived on lot last monday and havent heard a word from the delivery team
For me it went like this: Truck arrives goes through PDI and then get a call from Aaron or another manager to go over incentives available, etc and final price. Over to finance for paperwork and they give info to wire over cash. No contact with delivery team until paid for.

Solracer

Reaction score
This is just my opinion from what I noticed during my delivery, but I think the RAM app only records the location when the when the truck is turned on or off and not while it is being transported on the trailer. During transport, my truck would register the location when the driver shuffles the truck on their trailer with other vehicles they pick up along the way. I was constantly refreshing the location during the time it took to get here to KS from MD and it never once showed being on a highway. It always showed the location being at another car dealership along the way. Normally the location feature on the RAM app would be used to find where you last parked in a huge parking lot, so it would have been the last time the truck was turned off and recorded a GPS location. That's just my theory though.

My guess as to why it still shows your truck being at the MD lot is that the ignition has not been turned on since it left the lot, so it won't register another GPS location until your truck gets turned on and shuffled on the trailer or when it arrives to you.
Wait, we can somehow log into uconnect and track our trucks? How? Why would this be possible when they technically aren't ours until we sign off on the paperwork?

warz00

Reaction score
For me it went like this: Truck arrives goes through PDI and then get a call from Aaron or another manager to go over incentives available, etc and final price. Over to finance for paperwork and they give info to wire over cash. No contact with delivery team until paid for.
Thx - was hoping the PDI wouldnt be taking a week and a half +_

fliptide

Reaction score
Thx - was hoping the PDI wouldnt be taking a week and a half +_
I wouldn't think it would under normal circumstances. I got the call on a Saturday that truck was on lot and they called again Monday ready to talk incentives, etc. I was traveling and didn't get that taken care of until late Tuesday afternoon (due to my schedule). Did wire/paperwork on Wednesday. Could have picked it up after that, but instead they delivered to my driveway Saturday (within the free 250 mile delivery area). Mine did take a week and half or so to get from Port Allen to lot.
Might want to touch base with Aaron or whatever gm called (Art called me) to let you know it was on the lot for an update.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who is the person/email to contact currently at MD to get a quote on a configuration?

How do you go and try to get the $1000 RAM website certificate? Used to be signing up for a brochure but now it is all online.

3DirtyRam

Reaction score
Just had some correspondence with Renae on the sales team regarding an order .. her ETA she said was 16 weeks .. Is the 16 weeks normal communications or its more like 8 weeks for delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread