5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
For those of you that have received your license plates, how long did that take? MD told me up to 60 days, depending on state, I have a Florida address, picked up the truck two weeks ago
Called titling at Mark Dodge. From the phone call, I had the impression they were sitting on the paperwork for my plates. Over three weeks since I picked up the truck. They are sending the paperwork to FL tomorrow. Asked if I wanted to transfer plates but I had already sold my previous vehicle and sent those plates back to FL. Did not think about transferring plates, that would have saved me some time...

mike146

Reaction score
for all the out of state people purchasing from Mark Dodge... especially in NY as that was my experience, do all the DMV stuff yourself. I was in and out of the DMV in less than half hour, new plates in hand. I did not transfer, just registered and paid the tax. Be sure that you have the origin document as that is needed. You will get all paperwork you need from Mark Dodge to get this done. Renae was very good about making sure I had the document of origin on my POC when original order placed. That is the crucial document when registering in NYS on your own.

Price quoted from Mark Dodge is your final price...you go to DMV and pay the tax, unfortunately in NYS you pay before rebates, but was an easy process. Was given plates and window sticker, then went to local shop for a 10 dollar safety inspection sticker and entire process was over and done with. With time saved purchasing from Mark Dodge, no haggling, endless walking around, etc, didn't mind doing the DMV and inspection myself. Both combined took about an hour of my time. Very easy process in NY.

Good Luck to everyone on new trucks and going through the process.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
for all the out of state people purchasing from Mark Dodge... especially in NY as that was my experience, do all the DMV stuff yourself. I was in and out of the DMV in less than half hour, new plates in hand. I did not transfer, just registered and paid the tax. Be sure that you have the origin document as that is needed. You will get all paperwork you need from Mark Dodge to get this done. Renae was very good about making sure I had the document of origin on my POC when original order placed. That is the crucial document when registering in NYS on your own.

Price quoted from Mark Dodge is your final price...you go to DMV and pay the tax, unfortunately in NYS you pay before rebates, but was an easy process. Was given plates and window sticker, then went to local shop for a 10 dollar safety inspection sticker and entire process was over and done with. With time saved purchasing from Mark Dodge, no haggling, endless walking around, etc, didn't mind doing the DMV and inspection myself. Both combined took about an hour of my time. Very easy process in NY.

Good Luck to everyone on new trucks and going through the process.
Colorado wasn't bad, (still expensive though, about $6K for taxes and tags.) Mark Dodge mailed the forms and a check to my local DMV and I went in and picked up my tags. The estimated amount was about $600 over, so the Colorado DMV refunded that back to Mark Dodge and I got a check from them a week later.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MD overnighted my Title Docs to me after a few weeks. Something happened and they never made it to the DMV. I got my title pretty quick after that.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wondering if you guys buying from Mark Dodge are accepting their original quote or is there a little more wiggle room? Is that the absolute best price?

I realize their prices are awesome but I’ve just never been real good at accepting any first quote on anything and always feel like I need to negotiate more. Human nature I guess. That’s the tightwad in me. 😆

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if you guys buying from Mark Dodge are accepting their original quote or is there a little more wiggle room? Is that the absolute best price?

I realize their prices are awesome but I’ve just never been real good at accepting any first quote on anything and always feel like I need to negotiate more. Human nature I guess. That’s the tightwad in me. 😆
I’m normally with you! I’ll dicker on just about everything I buy. But in this case, after checking with about a dozen dealers in Georgia, MD quote was SO good I didn’t even bother.

mophead

Reaction score

Got a price in Apr 21 from them. We haggled a bit. They came down a bit, but they were a little higher than what I was seeing available on here. Nothing substantial, about .5%. They aren't going to be offended if you ask. They sell cars. What's the worst they can say?, no? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm like you, ain't sayin yes until ALL the stars align. Even the ones on my end.

Dewey

Reaction score
I was quoted 5% under invoice. Seems many here have gotten 10% or better under invoice. Maybe it depends on the model. I’m inquiring on a BackCountry.

mophead

Reaction score
I was quoted 5% under invoice. Seems many here have gotten 10% or better under invoice. Maybe it depends on the model. I’m inquiring on a BackCountry.
I'd say depends on the model. I haven't seen any BH's at that discount. Keep in mind some feel the need to post "happy" numbers. Unless you see their contract don't believe all you see. Also some are saying off invoice when it's actually off MSRP. I've seen 11ish off MSRP for BH's recently. Let me know what you get I'm thinking BackCountry myself.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for my big horn, MD was 7% below net (with the $3000 in rebates added in for this month, 12% below with no rebates factored in) and they said that still doesn't include available rebates at delivery (whatever available that month). I wasn't going to start asking to go lower cause not one dealer in my area (alot in miami) would even budge off of net price. I think there offer was extremely good for what it is down here in south florida. One dealer after taxes and fees was over $70K for just a big horn. MD will be under $60K when its all said and done. Only had 1 dealer come close at just over $61k with taxes and fees but with MD I will still save $3k.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
I'd say depends on the model. I haven't seen any BH's at that discount. Keep in mind some feel the need to post "happy" numbers. Unless you see their contract don't believe all you see. Also some are saying off invoice when it's actually off MSRP. I've seen 11ish off MSRP for BH's recently. Let me know what you get I'm thinking BackCountry myself.
If you look at MSRP they’re 11% off that. Invoice is the only number I look at.

I actually already have a BackCountry on order from a local dealer for about 4 weeks now. Been running the numbers from Mark Dodge to see if it’s worth it to eat my previous deposit to cancel that order and then pay shipping to have a truck delivered from LA.

Last edited:

mike146

Reaction score
Colorado wasn't bad, (still expensive though, about $6K for taxes and tags.) Mark Dodge mailed the forms and a check to my local DMV and I went in and picked up my tags. The estimated amount was about $600 over, so the Colorado DMV refunded that back to Mark Dodge and I got a check from them a week later.
I didn't say anything about the cost, unfortunately for me it was about 9% of my cost. Wasn't happy, but when I think about local NY dealer wanting MSRP plus 3000, and then taxes on top of that....I still get a smile on my face for money I saved.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about the cost, unfortunately for me it was about 9% of my cost. Wasn't happy, but when I think about local NY dealer wanting MSRP plus 3000, and then taxes on top of that....I still get a smile on my face for money I saved.
Dealers here were like no discounts on orders, cause that truck is "special just the way you ordered it"
Umm, you have a sold order from me so no advertising or other costs... they just don't get it

jwortsman

Reaction score
I read MANY posts here before and since ordering in January and I haven't seen anyone claiming to have gotten 10% below invoice (at least in the last year). I think 5% is the "standard" right now and when I quoted a Laramie, a Longhorn and a Limited, they were all between 4.7 and 5% below invoice.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read MANY posts here before and since ordering in January and I haven't seen anyone claiming to have gotten 10% below invoice (at least in the last year). I think 5% is the "standard" right now and when I quoted a Laramie, a Longhorn and a Limited, they were all between 4.7 and 5% below invoice.
Yeah, don't remember seeing anyone quite that low. I was 6.4% below invoice in October.

Dewey

Reaction score
Could be. I’m probably confusing that with those who stated under MSRP which is about right. My quote was 11% under MSRP without rebates so that falls right in line with the rest.

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they give you the option of using the current months rebates when you placed the order if during delivery the rebates are less or if non are available?

fat trout

Reaction score
Do they give you the option of using the current months rebates when you placed the order if during delivery the rebates are less or if non are available?
My understanding from Sandi was that for sales order protected rebates (at time of order) those can be kept.....or swaped at time of delivery for new rebates. Any rebates that are "stackable" as she put it, they will absolutely combine from time of order to time of delivery.

fat trout

Reaction score
I keep waffling on replacing my 2019 with a new 2022 with the backcountry package. I thought I was over it until I saw a delmonico red backcountry at my supermarket in the parking lot. I was borderline a stalker walking around the truck lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/