5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going through my local dealer, but I got 0% 48 months through FCA on my 2022 Rebel. It even stacked with $1,000 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Bonus Cash for my region plus the $1,000 Ram Site Bonus Cash.
Unfortunately when I bought my 21 last August, dealer said lowest rate they can get me it was 2.9% and that was through TD financial. Told me Chrysler capital wanted to give me a higher rate. Found that extremely hard to believe considering my credit score. I took the 2.9% at that time just because I don’t like to go from dealer to dealer and sit around for hours and hours trying to negotiate. I refinanced about a month later for 1.9%. Still got the truck for about 4000 under MSRP which was fine at the time. Right now I would really like to order a truck with the options I want and hopefully get a better deal.

1Raider

Reaction score
Wanted to thank Aaron and everyone that helped me track my truck the whole way! Great experience and one of the easiest I've ever done. Will defiantly buy from them again in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0846[1].JPG
    IMG_0846[1].JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

mcat79

Reaction score
I appreciate that. I think the change is a recent thing.....like a supply issue.
I'm the one who started that other thread. I was going to hold off until the reclining seats returned, but after talking with Ram Chat and Sandi at MD, it didn't appear that they were coming back anytime soon. If your order shows Larami Package II (instead of 2) then it means there is no reclining seats. I'm still holding out hope that the supply return prior to my order getting built. I really wanted that feature.

eaglemike

Reaction score
I'm the one who started that other thread. I was going to hold off until the reclining seats returned, but after talking with Ram Chat and Sandi at MD, it didn't appear that they were coming back anytime soon. If your order shows Larami Package II (instead of 2) then it means there is no reclining seats. I'm still holding out hope that the supply return prior to my order getting built. I really wanted that feature.
It will be interesting to see. The reclining rear seat isn't mentioned in my build sheet, but is still listed as part of the package for the truck I ordered. I'll be disappointed if it's not there. Mine's a Limited Longhorn Southfork.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see. The reclining rear seat isn't mentioned in my build sheet, but is still listed as part of the package for the truck I ordered. I'll be disappointed if it's not there. Mine's a Limited Longhorn Southfork.

Build sheet is usually very accurate but I haven't heard of that being removed from longhorns. On my build sheet (which is for a 2021) I searched recline and the option officially reads "Rr 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat" so I would think if the truck has it that it should appear on the build sheet.

eaglemike

Reaction score
Build sheet is usually very accurate but I haven't heard of that being removed from longhorns. On my build sheet (which is for a 2021) I searched recline and the option officially reads "Rr 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat" so I would think if the truck has it that it should appear on the build sheet.
Thanks - great idea on the search! It is there! Hurray!

Pilk

Reaction score
I looked at my Laramie build sheet from MD and it shows Laramie Level II (not Laramie Level 2). It appears the ugly rumors are true....no reclining, heated leather seats....for now at least.

mcat79

Reaction score
FWIW, this supply issue only affects the reclining portion of these at. The rear seats will still have heating, etc.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That happened to me so I refused the first order and re ordered. Don’t know if you just walk and not re order.
God I would be pissed off if I waited for five months for my truck just to have it be delivered with missing options, then having to re-order it and wait another several months

Rich6896

Reaction score
Yeah. If that happens I'll likely try to cancel and look to order a '23. For $70k I want a max-loaded vehicle. I still wonder why the limited does not come with a power steering adjust.

Pilk

Reaction score
God I would be pissed off if I waited for five months for my truck just to have it be delivered with missing options, then having to re-order it and wait another several months
It would be the dealers responsibility to know and inform the buyer of any changes or omissions. Something as obvious as reclining seats would be a big deal to me. A $100 discount is laughable. I think its going kill or delay an order for me. The only problem is that its likely that waiting equals more $$.

jwortsman

Reaction score
I think you almost ran out in front of me going to MD !
I was in a rental Ram headed there around 3 or so and you was pulling out from getting gas outside of town,noticed that an then saw the MD plates on the back....
I was in and out. Had a flight that landed at 11 and I was on the road back to Dallas by 1. Had a paint "issue" that needed to be looked at before I left. It was some extra epoxy from the rear window.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pissed at first and certainly disappointed since I'd waited so long. But I made lemonade out of the lemons and reordered with ramboxes and mft. And SO glad I did!!! And to be honest I wasn't as pissed about reordering as I would have been driving a truck everyday that didn't have the options I ordered. The extra wait was more than worth it.

Southside

Reaction score
Update, shipping to Hartford CT suburbs ~1600 miles. Listed bid at $1000 and no hits for two days, raised it to $1300 and got a response in 10 minutes. My truck is scheduled to be picked up Monday and delivered on Thursday. I will update again on Thursday with pics.

Hope this helps peoples research.
Just posted pics in this thread.

Delivery was early, was supposed to be picked up today, and ended up being picked up last Friday and delivered today @ 6pm. The shipping cost for 1600 miles was $1300 uncovered on a 18 wheeler.

Super happy with the MD experience, the only negative i can say, and its super small, is they put a markdodge.net sticker on my rear window, which will be removed shortly. Next time I'm in the market for a vehicle MD will be on the top of my list.

Thanks again for everyones help on this site, this wouldn't have been possible without the 5th gen community!!!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
All depends how you look at it I suppose.
I offered to register the vehicle and they said they needed to and it wouldn't be a problem.
I even brought my registration form with the wet stamp (yes an actual stamp) from the insurance company but they still wanted to use their form (which the registry would of eventually rejected when it was submitted without the insurance stamp).

They didn't know the laws in MA, and it sounds like Aaron is taking action internally at MD to learn so i'm almost 100% sure my exact problem will not happen to someone else from MA.

At no point did I think MD was trying to screw me on purpose, they seemed to legitimately think they had over 30 days to register the vehicle and submit sales tax, and also think I was allowed to drive for the 45 days or whatever it was with a "temp tag"
Sometimes companies grow too big too fast and have growing pains, pretty common actually.
So an update.
I had to drive around to 3 registrars as they only do plate swap and title per appointment and were booking out 6 days in advance.
As i'm not a dealership or an insurance runner I was turned away until I got to 1 registry that understood I wasn't trying to wait until the last minute and confirmed the next day I would not be able to drive my truck felt sorry for me and caved in and gave me a ticket to wait in line.
They accepted the tax and title\reg check from the dealership but I was stuck paying additional fees due to sales tax being calculated incorrectly by MD, I can only guess it had something to do with discounts or rebates, they weren't sure.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent my build into Aaron yesterday and early this afternoon I received an email from Renae with the price. about $7k less than any dealer in my area. And that still doesn't include any rebates/incentives which she said would be applied at the time of delivery. I sent the same build to about 10 dealers in south Florida and maybe half wouldn't even discuss price unless I went into the dealer, a few never got back to me when I told them I wanted the best price on a custom order and the last few told me the price was MSRP and that was it, that the incentives/rebates wouldn't be known until delivery. Looks like I will be pulling the plug on this deal and sending in everything she is asking for. So it looks like their price is just over 11% off MSRP which is a great deal right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online