5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess from past experience and being in the automotive industry for 16 yrs, I see the side of the sales dept. that most don't see. Sales if very shady to say the least. May not be every dealer out there and I know it isn't every salesman/sales manager. Then I take into account the issues I ran into with the finance manager at another dealer when I bought my truck last year. Who knows, my attitude may change once I start dealing with MD after I submit the build to them over the weekend once I make up my mind on what I want. The positive experiences from multiple people on here who have been dealing with them is a plus though.
I felt the same as you until I came across this forum and learned of Mark Dodge. Until then I hated dealing with a car salespersons/Managers!! Despised the games so I went into A$$hole mode most of he time and seemed to work! Absolutely none of the typical games with MD. At least not for me.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I felt the same as you until I came across this forum and learned of Mark Dodge. Until then I hated dealing with a car salespersons/Managers!! Despised the games so I went into A$$hole mode most of he time and seemed to work! Absolutely none of the typical games with MD. At least not for me.
Yeah reading through these countless pages of everybody’s dealings with MD seems like they are truly a decent honest dealer, which is hard to find. Almost wish I would’ve found this thread before I bought my 21 ram back in August.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is virtually no risk at all to signing the paperwork in advance and then the truck being not as expected. Laws differ state to state, but they all revolve around "taking delivery". No matter what anyone tells you, that truck is not yours until you drive it off the lot. If you were to show up and have all contracts signed but something was not right, you can simply "reject" delivery. If the dealer did not agree that there was something wrong with the truck they could try to sue you. But, If you reject the vehicle the burden is on the seller to show that there is no breach of contract. If there actually is something wrong with the truck that is breach of contract, it wasn't in the condition agreed upon, and the dealer would have the chance to "remedy" it.
Legal details aside, just know that until you drive the truck off the lot, the paperwork means nothing. Even if you were the one in the wrong, (IE the truck is as agreed but you changed your mind before taking delivery), the dealer could sue you and they would be in the right....or they could put the truck on the lot and sell it tomorrow morning while keeping your $1000 deposit; which do you think they would chose?

The paperwork says exactly the features you ordered and the condition is new which means there can be no damage whatsoever. The contract literally is the writing "hey if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered, I will rip up the paperwork". The paperwork is null and void if the truck is not delivered to you in the condition described in the paperwork, and if you claim that the truck is not in the condition agreed on the paperwork, it is the dealers burden to prove that it is.
I don't think your information is correct at all. Looking through my contract, on the terms and conditions it clearly says " by taking possession of this vehicle, customer, unless otherwise confirmed in writing by dealer, acknowledges that vehicle has no defects, flaws or irregularities that would be detected during a visual examination or that any equipment or option is missing". You sign that and then 5 days later, show up and find a deep scratch in your car or find the scratch once you have the car shipped to you, unless the dealer is very sympathetic, your SOL. I'm sure a judge would agree and say, Hey, you signed that your vehicle had no defects and that no options were missing. If there was damage, why would you have signed the contract stating there was no damage? It even clearly says, unless otherwise confirmed in writing by dealer, thus why I said I would want the manager to put in the contract, "if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered when you get here even after you have already signed this paperwork, I will rip up the paperwork". Why do you think a lot of people are hesitant to sign anything until they visually look at the vehicle? most are taking a chance because MD has a great reputation, and the sales manager is a stand up guy. This is why contracts are made, to prevent stuff like this from happening. You can't sign all of this and then later claim breach of contract because you found some damage on the truck. You already signed that the truck was free of defects. By you signing all of the paperwork, you acknowledged that you took delivery of the car and that there were no defects. You picking it up is not taking delivery, if it was, you would sign the paperwork at that time. Driving the car off the lot is not taking delivery. You took delivery once you finished the signing of the contract and paperwork for financing. As soon as you signed that, the vehicle is yours. I mean dealer still has to send the paperwork to the bank but vehicle is yours. I bought a car from a sister dealer I work for years ago, got approved for financing over the phone/online and the dealer got the paperwork together but I didn't actually sign for anything until I went to the dealer and saw the car. That's usually how it works.

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score
I don't think your information is correct at all. Looking through my contract, on the terms and conditions it clearly says " by taking possession of this vehicle, customer, unless otherwise confirmed in writing by dealer, acknowledges that vehicle has no defects, flaws or irregularities that would be detected during a visual examination or that any equipment or option is missing". You sign that and then 5 days later, show up and find a deep scratch in your car or find the scratch once you have the car shipped to you, unless the dealer is very sympathetic, your SOL. I'm sure a judge would agree and say, Hey, you signed that your vehicle had no defects and that no options were missing. If there was damage, why would you have signed the contract stating there was no damage? It even clearly says, unless otherwise confirmed in writing by dealer, thus why I said I would want the manager to put in the contract, "if your truck isn't perfect and as ordered when you get here even after you have already signed this paperwork, I will rip up the paperwork". Why do you think a lot of people are hesitant to sign anything until they visually look at the vehicle? most are taking a chance because MD has a great reputation, and the sales manager is a stand up guy. This is why contracts are made, to prevent stuff like this from happening. You can't sign all of this and then later claim breach of contract because you found some damage on the truck. You already signed that the truck was free of defects. By you signing all of the paperwork, you acknowledged that you took delivery of the car and that there were no defects. You picking it up is not taking delivery, if it was, you would sign the paperwork at that time. Driving the car off the lot is not taking delivery. You took delivery once you finished the signing of the contract and paperwork for financing. As soon as you signed that, the vehicle is yours. I mean dealer still has to send the paperwork to the bank but vehicle is yours. I bought a car from a sister dealer I work for years ago, got approved for financing over the phone/online and the dealer got the paperwork together but I didn't actually sign for anything until I went to the dealer and saw the car. That's usually how it works.
Are you talking about MD or other dealers? If your saying about MD I suggest have a business relationship before u try and be devil's advocate. I'm not knocking you and I'm not saying a hick-up might not happen. But for the majority the vast majority will buy another FCA product from them. No one touches their service and deals. This is coming from a guy who had his truck shipped to Illinois from MD. Saved a boat load of money in the process.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about MD or other dealers? If your saying about MD I suggest have a business relationship before u try and be devil's advocate. I'm not knocking you and I'm not saying a hick-up might not happen. But for the majority the vast majority will buy another FCA product from them. No one touches their service and deals. This is coming from a guy who had his truck shipped to Illinois from MD. Saved a boat load of money in the process.
I was simply making the comment in general to what he’s saying about the contracts meaning nothing. His General theory that the contract means nothing until you actually take delivery of the car is incorrect. I have never made any negative remark about MD, as I plan to try and do business with them over this weekend. I just said that I would want something in writing when When a manager tells me over the Internet or by text that he will rip up the paperwork if there is something wrong with the truck after I have signed all of the paperwork. But as I mentioned to somebody else before that may change after having interaction with them. I’ve had my fair share of issues over the years that I’ve learned to be extremely cautious of everybody and everything. Others of made it pretty clear that they’ve shared the same fears of signing all of the paperwork over the Internet before even seeing the vehicle.

Last edited:

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Sorry everyone life has been a blur I am in Lake Charles now going to pick up the truck soon once I get a chance to sit down for a minute I will write about my experience today anybody else picking up their truck today

Runagun

Reaction score
I was simply making the comment in general to what he’s saying about the contracts meaning nothing. His General theory that the contract means nothing until you actually take delivery of the car is incorrect. I have never made any negative remark about MD, as I plan to try and do business with them over this weekend. I just said that I would want something in writing when When a manager tells me over the Internet or by text that he will rip up the paperwork if there is something wrong with the truck after I have signed all of the paperwork. But as I mentioned to somebody else before that may change after having interaction with them. I’ve had my fair share of issues over the years that I’ve learned to be extremely cautious of everybody and everything. Others of made it pretty clear that they’ve shared the same fears of signing all of the paperwork over the Internet before even seeing the vehicle.
I understand. For my deal my car was on the lot when I bought it so they had a chance to go through it and see everything. On an order they don't know how the car is until it gets delivered. So I gotcha.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

I think the only thing you and I disagree on is the importance of "taking possession of the vehicle". Look at the part of the contract you quoted " by taking possession of this vehicle, customer, unless otherwise confirmed in writing by dealer, acknowledges that vehicle has no defects, flaws or irregularities that would be detected during a visual examination or that any equipment or option is missing". That means until you take possession of that vehicle you are not acknowledging any of that, and when you sign the paperwork you are not taking possession. You do not take possession of the vehicle till you drive it off the dealers lot.

" By you signing all of the paperwork, you acknowledged that you took delivery of the car and that there were no defects." : Incorrect, by signing the paperwork AND taking delivery of the car you acknowledge that there are no defects. Taking delivery of the car means driving away.

"You took delivery once you finished the signing of the contract and paperwork for financing." : nope: you took delivery of the car once you drove off of the lot or once you signed the paper from the shipping company acknowledging that your car is in perfect condition upon delivery to your driveway.

I agree with you that if you take delivery of a car that has something wrong with it you are basically F'd. But I completely disagree that signing the paperwork constitutes taking delivery. To be specific lets use an example: you order a Truck with a 4x4 package and it shows up to the dealer without it even though it shows it on your window sticker, you have already signed all paperwork you are just picking it up.
-You notice that it doesn't have 4x4 package and refuse to drive it off the dealers lot. Your paperwork is now null and void because you didn't "take possession". By the letter of the law the dealer is the one in breach of the contract because they didn't deliver the truck as agreed (with 4x4 package). They now have the ability to remedy the situation (get you the correct truck).
-Same exact situation but you didn't notice it didn't have the 4x4 package till you drove it home from the dealer - now you are screwed unless the dealer corrects it out of the kindness of their heart because you "took possession".

Also to be clear we are strictly arguing about the law surrounding vehicle purchase contracts and taking possession of a vehicle. Has nothing to due with any dispute with Mark Dodge or any other dealer. You are not liable to pay for anything at all unless the dealer delivers you the vehicle in the condition agreed upon in the paperwork, the contract protects you from the dealer delivering you a car in a different condition or missing an option. You simply need to refuse delivery if the car doesn't have all of the features laid out in the paperwork or is not in the condition laid out in the paperwork.

Last edited:

Pilk

Reaction score
So I'm 560 miles for MD. Trying to decide if its worth driving down to Lake Charles and making a short trip out of it with my wife or just paying up for shipping. What kind of shipping rates are buyers seeing for trailered towing?

1Raider

Reaction score
Picked up my truck this morning and just got back home. The entire process has been great. Met Aaron and he was very interested from feedback on the process and ensuring it was a good experience. Just all around good people there.
I think you almost ran out in front of me going to MD !
I was in a rental Ram headed there around 3 or so and you was pulling out from getting gas outside of town,noticed that an then saw the MD plates on the back....

1Raider

Reaction score
Sorry everyone life has been a blur I am in Lake Charles now going to pick up the truck soon once I get a chance to sit down for a minute I will write about my experience today anybody else picking up their truck today
I saw your truck earlier in the evening when I pulled into the dealership to pick mine up! Great color combo!

Started to pull around and snap a picture of both of ours together and post it before you got there. Was in a hurry to get settled into our room at the Golden Nugget and relax..

Pilk

Reaction score
So I read in another thread that the Laramie 2 package no longer has reclining rear seats and that the package is discounted $100 to compensate. Wonder if this is permanent or just a temporary shortage. I noticed when I submitted my first build to MD MSRP was $100 less than I thought it should be. I'll check with my salesman tomorrow but I'd hate to lose a option like that. Part of what makes the quad cap unique.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
curious if everyone has had this scenerio when dealing with MD? I would like to use my own credit union that I used to refinance my 21 if I can work a deal with them for a 22.
I financed through MD only because they asked if they can beat my credit Union rate would I go through them. They did come in lower which I knew they would since they want the back end (interest). Now my credit Union is offering a 1% lower rate if I refinance through them which I will. Reggie was great to work with by the way.

fliptide

Reaction score
So I read in another thread that the Laramie 2 package no longer has reclining rear seats and that the package is discounted $100 to compensate. Wonder if this is permanent or just a temporary shortage. I noticed when I submitted my first build to MD MSRP was $100 less than I thought it should be. I'll check with my salesman tomorrow but I'd hate to lose a option like that. Part of what makes the quad cap unique.
They should be able to send you a snapshot of everything included with laramie 2. Laramie 1 ordered in December has them. Only thing mine didn't have I was expecting is wireless charging. However, the bucket seat option came in about 400 less than anticipated so no biggie.

Pilk

Reaction score
They should be able to send you a snapshot of everything included with laramie 2. Laramie 1 ordered in December has them. Only thing mine didn't have I was expecting is wireless charging. However, the bucket seat option came in about 400 less than anticipated so no biggie.
I appreciate that. I think the change is a recent thing.....like a supply issue.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I financed through MD only because they asked if they can beat my credit Union rate would I go through them. They did come in lower which I knew they would since they want the back end (interest). Now my credit Union is offering a 1% lower rate if I refinance through them which I will. Reggie was great to work with by the way.
Me personally I really don’t care who I finance through, it’s whoever can give me the lowest rate. I really would like the 0% APR deal but apparently an 850 credit score doesn’t qualify for that. Lol. I also hope I deal with a good person. Just sent my build to Aaron so can’t wait to hear back from him.

Last edited:

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Me personally I really don’t care who I finance through, it’s whoever can give me the lowest rate. I really would like the 0% APR deal but apparently an 850 credit score doesn’t qualify for that. Lol.

I’m going through my local dealer, but I got 0% 48 months through FCA on my 2022 Rebel. It even stacked with $1,000 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Bonus Cash for my region plus the $1,000 Ram Site Bonus Cash.

Users who are viewing this thread