5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

heffy

Reaction score
I’m very particular about my trucks as well. No eating and no open containers allowed inside. I plan on doing my own ceramic coating (Avalon King Armor Shield) at home. I’ve ordered all the products and will be ready to start the cleaning, paint correction and coating when the truck arrives. Then off to TriTek for PPF. By the way, nice garage, are you on the garage journal forum? Your place looks familiar.
It's like looking in a mirror, My normal mo is to not let the dealer remove anything from the inside...not wash the vehicle...then I come and wash the vehicle...if I approve I drive it off the lot. This truck will be handed down to an employee in a year, plus as I get older I'm getting soft. I ordered UK C quarts for the ceramic coating. Not on garage journal.

jwortsman

Reaction score
I’m very particular about my trucks as well. No eating and no open containers allowed inside. I plan on doing my own ceramic coating (Avalon King Armor Shield) at home. I’ve ordered all the products and will be ready to start the cleaning, paint correction and coating when the truck arrives. Then off to TriTek for PPF. By the way, nice garage, are you on the garage journal forum? Your place looks familiar.
What’s the story with TriTek? Good quote? I’m not terribly far from Garland.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's like looking in a mirror, My normal mo is to not let the dealer remove anything from the inside...not wash the vehicle...then I come and wash the vehicle...if I approve I drive it off the lot. This truck will be handed down to an employee in a year, plus as I get older I'm getting soft. I ordered UK C quarts for the ceramic coating. Not on garage journal.

You should check it out: www.garagejournal.com
Lots of folks with places like yours. Very cool forum. Tons of ideas and help.
I’ve heard of CarPro C Quartz, I use their Reset wash on the wife’s F-Pace since it was ceramic coated after she bought it.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the story with TriTek? Good quote? I’m not terribly far from Garland.

I have not received quotes from anyone else, it’s just a place I know that does tint and PPF. I know a few folks that have used them with good results. One of my buddies got his windshield tinted with clear ceramic and he said the temp difference is amazing. Almost no heat comes through the windshield. In Texas, that’s a big deal as you know.

www.tritektinting.com

jwortsman

Reaction score
I have not received quotes from anyone else, it’s just a place I know that does tint and PPF. I know a few folks that have used them with good results. One of my buddies got his windshield tinted with clear ceramic and he said the temp difference is amazing. Almost no heat comes through the windshield. In Texas, that’s a big deal as you know.

www.tritektinting.com
Thanks, I’ll check it out. Need to have the wife’s Tesl done too.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up the Big Horn yesterday from Mark Dodge.
I met Aaron: as nice a guy in person as on the phone/email. ;)
Otis was there and went through the truck. A great guy and total pro.

They had it sitting up front, washed, with a beautiful red TRX next to it.

Great experience. Great drive getting it home.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious, for those of you that purchased from Mark Dodge and had a trade-in but you lived out of state how did they figure out the value before you drove all the way out there? I would like to order a 22 and trade in my 21 but want to know how the trade-in works if I am out of state?

heffy

Reaction score
Just curious, for those of you that purchased from Mark Dodge and had a trade-in but you lived out of state how did they figure out the value before you drove all the way out there? I would like to order a 22 and trade in my 21 but want to know how the trade-in works if I am out of state?
You send them pics and they give you a fair value.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent pics and even a video of the engine running. I tried to replicate the same pics you usually see on a car dealer's site, including each wheel/tire. I don't know that they wanted that much detail, but it only took a few minutes. Also, they will guesstimate your mileage at the time of trade-in (add a few thousand miles to your current odometer.)

They actually had it listed on their site about a week before I took it to them. Had it shown as "in transit" but did not use my pictures, just had a placeholder.

1Raider

Reaction score
Well mine has been unloaded and waiting on the transport truck to the dealer.. Getting close now hopefully i'll get the call before the end of the week.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Well mine has been unloaded and waiting on the transport truck to the dealer.. Getting close now hopefully i'll get the call before the end of the week.
Mine has been unloaded since the 17th still waiting for it to arrive at MD!

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do either of you know what date your teuck was released from the factory? Mine was released on 3/6 with no scheduled train ride and delivery date.😔

Jceblue1

Reaction score
I don’t understand Rams communication I’ve never received anything from them. If it wasn’t for this forum and triple-B and Eighty. I would’ve been in the dark the whole time!
My father ordered a maverick from Ford and he receives emails updating his build all the time.

1Raider

Reaction score
Mine has been unloaded since the 17th still waiting for it to arrive at MD!
I bet yours and mine will be delivered here in the next day or so.. I'm trying to get a flight scheduled as soon as I hear that its there.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
I bet yours and mine will be delivered here in the next day or so.. I'm trying to get a flight scheduled as soon as I hear that its there.
That would be great if they did. The flights all stink out of Illinois so I will be driving a junk and trading it in, I’m going to make it a mini vacation with my father and take him to maker’s mark for a tour on the way back.

1Raider

Reaction score
Yea that's a haul out of IL's how many hrs is that driving time?
What's the maker’s mark tour you speak of?

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Yea that's a haul out of IL's how many hrs is that driving time?
What's the maker’s mark tour you speak of?
If I drive straight it’s about 14-15 hrs but I plan on stoping in Baton Rouge and taking the old man to Ruth Chris steakhouse then the next day 1 1/2 hrs to MD.
Makers mark in Kentucky has several 45 minute tours throughout the day where they take you through their whole process and you do a tasting and you can purchase bottles and do your own dipping of the wax seal!

Users who are viewing this thread