5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

fat trout

Reaction score
Thanks! The POC #'s were:

MSRP 64815
FWP 60939
EP 58092
Price with their doc fee, temp tag, and notary fee, but no state taxs or incentives/rebates 58169

I will post pics one I get my hands on it after it ships up here to CT.
Curious how you are shipping. I'm in NJ

Southside

Reaction score
Curious how you are shipping. I'm in NJ
Mark Dodge uses a exhange call "Central Dispatch" You place an offer and a 3rd party driver accepts. As far as i can tell its the same site a lot of brokers use.

heffy

Reaction score
You have 2 choices when it comes to shipping your truck, Call a shipper and get a true quote to ship it or list your shipment on one of the dispatch sites that independent shippers use to pick up vehicles. You can put in the price your willing to pay...if you lowball the price a shipper will wait till the last day, if he has room on his truck he'll take a lower amount to fill his truck. So if you want the cheapest price you'll have to wait till the last day before you'll see any offers to move your truck. Most of the time the order will be filled at the last minute...nobody wants to leave empty spots on their truck. I've shipped many cars always in enclosed trailers and gotten good deals on the day before my requested ship date. It's nerve racking to wait but someone always seemed to come thru at the end, it has always been an owner operator who took great care of my vehicle.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the average rate per mile, now that gas has increased so much lately? Anyone know? I live in NE Texas, so the distance isn’t very far (~300 miles).

heffy

Reaction score
What is the average rate per mile, now that gas has increased so much lately? Anyone know? I live in NE Texas, so the distance isn’t very far (~300 miles).
300 miles I'd walk there...or better yet ride that cool motorcycle there and throw it in the back and head home!!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
300 miles I'd walk there...or better yet ride that cool motorcycle there and throw it in the back and head home!!
Unfortunately, no longer have a motorcycle, which I plan to remedy in the near future. But, I plan to have the truck trailered here so that I can do a paint correction and then take it directly to TriTek in Garland to have PPF and ceramic tint installed. I don’t want to risk getting rock chips on the hood, bumper, fenders etc before getting PPF. I know I can use temp PPF and drive it back, but if the shipping is cheap enough, it will be worth it to just have it delivered.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the LDS Ultimate. It was about the same price as the Mopar warranty with essentially the same coverage. Two reasons I went with the LDS warranty. One, I rolled it into my 0% financing because I like making money. Two, I can have my vehicle serviced and repaired wherever I want and with the amount of traveling I do, I don't want to rely on whatever Ram dealer is in the area.
What does LDS stand for? i would like to look it up

heffy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no longer have a motorcycle, which I plan to remedy in the near future. But, I plan to have the truck trailered here so that I can do a paint correction and then take it directly to TriTek in Garland to have PPF and ceramic tint installed. I don’t want to risk getting rock chips on the hood, bumper, fenders etc before getting PPF. I know I can use temp PPF and drive it back, but if the shipping is cheap enough, it will be worth it to just have it delivered.
Understood!!!, I'll be ceramic coating the truck myself after I drive it to IL then to CA. I was once young and over crazed about rocks chips...50 years later I still get sick after the first one. Anyone looking for a Mint 2019 Lincoln Navigator with 7 rock chips on the entire vehicle (3 pin tip sized chips and 1 pin head size chip on the front bumper, & 3 pin tip size chips on the front rim of hood) not one scratch on the rest of the entire vehicle...MD will have it on their lot after Wednesday. The Madness will stay with you forever Rock Crawler, sad part is once you get rid of your well cared babied vehicle the next guy just gets in it and drives it like your suppose too! LOL I wish I would have gotten therapy for this condition years ago

Attachments

• IMG_2018 (1).JPG
    IMG_2018 (1).JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 38

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does LDS stand for? i would like to look it up
Louisiana Dealer Services As I understand it Louisiana CDJR dealers started the program because they felt they could offer a program better than the other programs. Especially their ability to be more flexible in the administration of the program and not just have a black and white playbook with no deviation.

While sponsored by Louisiana dealers it will be honored anywhere.

bdx

Reaction score
I ordered my 1500 with a local dealership in CA last week (3/21), they said they would sell it to me for the MSRP at the time of delivery. Do I need to cancel the order with the local dealer to be able to go through Mark Dodge?

Note: They didnt require a deposit

Southside

Reaction score
I just had my Zoom meeting with Marsh, the Finance Manager. Everything was super easy and efficent. There were sales pitches, but they were respectful and professional.

Some notes on my deal.

I chose to take the current 0%x72 special financing, which was better than my previously locked incentives. However, this option did not stack with my $1k Ramtrucks.com code or my $500 code I had through my employer. This only applies for the 0%x72 financing, if i would have taken a higher rate they would have worked. Another member posted this Calculator which I used to determine that the 0% rate was a better choice for me verse the incentives.

Also, they only offered the LSD Extended Warranty. I was interested in the Max Care 8/85k and had my Zeigler quote ready. If MD could have come close to the Ziegler price on a Max Care I would have purchased it from them, he lowered his price on the LSD warranty but wouldn't sell a Mopar one, so I declined.

So far the best vehicle purchasing experience I have ever had.

Southside

Reaction score
I ordered my 1500 with a local dealership in CA last week (3/21), they said they would sell it to me for the MSRP at the time of delivery. Do I need to cancel the order with the local dealer to be able to go through Mark Dodge?

When I re-ordered I did cancel my first order at another dealership. I was told by a 3rd dealership that Stellanis was sometimes cancelling duplicate orders, I have not seen it happen and was only going by his word. The first order was still built, saw it progressing through BS & WS but was never contacted by them. I'm sure they were more than happy to sell it on their lot.

Reactions: bdx

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

At least call them for a price on your build, then make the call. I bet you will save enough to cut a deal with MD. No harm in checking!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Understood!!!, I'll be ceramic coating the truck myself after I drive it to IL then to CA. I was once young and over crazed about rocks chips...50 years later I still get sick after the first one. Anyone looking for a Mint 2019 Lincoln Navigator with 7 rock chips on the entire vehicle (3 pin tip sized chips and 1 pin head size chip on the front bumper, & 3 pin tip size chips on the front rim of hood) not one scratch on the rest of the entire vehicle...MD will have it on their lot after Wednesday. The Madness will stay with you forever Rock Crawler, sad part is once you get rid of your well cared babied vehicle the next guy just gets in it and drives it like your suppose too! LOL I wish I would have gotten therapy for this condition years ago

I’m very particular about my trucks as well. No eating and no open containers allowed inside. I plan on doing my own ceramic coating (Avalon King Armor Shield) at home. I’ve ordered all the products and will be ready to start the cleaning, paint correction and coating when the truck arrives. Then off to TriTek for PPF. By the way, nice garage, are you on the garage journal forum? Your place looks familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread