5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Runagun

Reaction score
So they picked up this morning as promised (10:30 eastern time). However, the gps locate indicates a location 15 mins from Mark dodge and has "failed to refresh" since 2:30. I'm speculating (after googling my theory) that the gps location only updates if the car is turned on and then off again, and that somehow the accessory power stays "on" for a certain period of time which is why tracking ends 15 mins after my truck left Mark.

Best case scenario, my truck has been on the road for 10 hours and is half way to me. Worst case scenario it fell off the truck 15 mins after leaving the dealership?

The (updated) promised date is Thursday so the driver has plenty of time.
When I had mine delivered to Illinois from MD. My uconnect locator wouldn't locate. Just kept saying it was still at MD. But next day later got delivered to me. 🤷

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So they picked up this morning as promised (10:30 eastern time). However, the gps locate indicates a location 15 mins from Mark dodge and has "failed to refresh" since 2:30. I'm speculating (after googling my theory) that the gps location only updates if the car is turned on and then off again, and that somehow the accessory power stays "on" for a certain period of time which is why tracking ends 15 mins after my truck left Mark.

Best case scenario, my truck has been on the road for 10 hours and is half way to me. Worst case scenario it fell off the truck 15 mins after leaving the dealership?

The (updated) promised date is Thursday so the driver has plenty of time.

I’m right behind you with a pick up date tomorrow and I delivery date for Friday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottlieb

Reaction score
I’m right behind you with a pick up date tomorrow and I delivery date for Friday..

To save your sanity, ill share what I've noticed-

For whatever reason, the gps locator always shows the truck being at the last "stop".... got stuck on Tuscaloosa from last night until it stopped again at a rest area further north. Then all day (literally from 11am until 9pm) it showed as still being at that rest area.. and just now I refreshed and its 7 hours closer in Virginia. It almost as if the gps locator is inaccurate while the vehicle is in motion.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score

For whatever reason, the gps locator always shows the truck being at the last "stop".... got stuck on Tuscaloosa from last night until it stopped again at a rest area further north. Then all day (literally from 11am until 9pm) it showed as still being at that rest area.. and just now I refreshed and its 7 hours closer in Virginia. It almost as if the gps locator is inaccurate while the vehicle is in motion.
That makes sense. uConnect doesn't expect the vehicle to move when it's not running.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

One other question if you don’t mind. Did they call or email you when the truck got picked up?

scottlieb

Reaction score
One other question if you don’t mind. Did they call or email you when the truck got picked up?

My pickup was supposed to be Saturday and they didn't make it, I was in touch with Aaron because we discussed that if they didn't show up first thing Monday we would re-bid. He text me the paperwork showing it was picked up so that I knew we didn't have to re bid... not sure if he would have reached out otherwise but maybe others can chime in? The carrier definitely did NOT notify me of the pick up.

My only updates came in the form of the limited GPS tracking through the ram app. Updates seem to only occur if I refreshed while the driver was stopped.

This morning I saw he was about 5 hours out...I wanted to make sure I was home when he arrived so I sorta jumped through hoops trying to get an answer by phone from the carrier. Not sure why it was so difficult for them to simply contact the driver. Finally around 4:15 they told me his eta was 6:45. He ended up showing up at my house at 6:15 and that was the first time I heard from him directly... but I got home 15 mins later which was perfect cuz it gave him time to unload. It was a welcome sight when I pulled into the driveway! 20211201_183214.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have their trucks, how long after you had a window sticker did it take to show up at Mark Dodge? Starting to think I'm going to be "lucky" and get my truck between Christmas and New Year's.

Hasti17

Reaction score
For those who have their trucks, how long after you had a window sticker did it take to show up at Mark Dodge? Starting to think I'm going to be "lucky" and get my truck between Christmas and New Year's.
Well we're basically truck brothers, amd my truck should be at the port in baton rouge by now, that said, my truck was BUILT october 20th... So short answer, 20ish days WS to dealer. Long answer? You might be waiting a while on that window sticker to begin with.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well we're basically truck brothers, amd my truck should be at the port in baton rouge by now, that said, my truck was BUILT october 20th... So short answer, 20ish days WS to dealer. Long answer? You might be waiting a while on that window sticker to begin with.
I'm not sure that I'd be disappointed if this went into late January. I'm supposed to be picking up my new camper early January, and the timing of everything has the potential to be less than enjoyable.

Also, I hope your interior smells bad and gives you a rash. :ROFLMAO:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My pickup was supposed to be Saturday and they didn't make it, I was in touch with Aaron because we discussed that if they didn't show up first thing Monday we would re-bid. He text me the paperwork showing it was picked up so that I knew we didn't have to re bid... not sure if he would have reached out otherwise but maybe others can chime in? The carrier definitely did NOT notify me of the pick up.

My only updates came in the form of the limited GPS tracking through the ram app. Updates seem to only occur if I refreshed while the driver was stopped.

This morning I saw he was about 5 hours out...I wanted to make sure I was home when he arrived so I sorta jumped through hoops trying to get an answer by phone from the carrier. Not sure why it was so difficult for them to simply contact the driver. Finally around 4:15 they told me his eta was 6:45. He ended up showing up at my house at 6:15 and that was the first time I heard from him directly... but I got home 15 mins later which was perfect cuz it gave him time to unload. It was a welcome sight when I pulled into the driveway! View attachment 112665
Did it come to you in perfect condition? I'm not beyond shipping to Birmingham but I get a little antzy at the thought of it showing up with a busted windshield or something else like that.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

This morning I saw he was about 5 hours out...I wanted to make sure I was home when he arrived so I sorta jumped through hoops trying to get an answer by phone from the carrier. Not sure why it was so difficult for them to simply contact the driver. Finally around 4:15 they told me his eta was 6:45. He ended up showing up at my house at 6:15 and that was the first time I heard from him directly... but I got home 15 mins later which was perfect cuz it gave him time to unload. It was a welcome sight when I pulled into the driveway! View attachment 112665

So if I’m reading this right….. my truck was suppose to get picked up yesterday and delivered to me sometime tomorrow. My truck shows it’s still at the dealer. I have no text or email indicating it was picked up. So is it ok to assume it’s still at the dealership? I want to be sure before I call crying about it.

scottlieb

Reaction score
So if I’m reading this right….. my truck was suppose to get picked up yesterday and delivered to me sometime tomorrow. My truck shows it’s still at the dealer. I have no text or email indicating it was picked up. So is it ok to assume it’s still at the dealership? I want to be sure before I call crying about it.

My assumption would be yes, its still at the dealer.

scottlieb

Reaction score
Did it come to you in perfect condition? I'm not beyond shipping to Birmingham but I get a little antzy at the thought of it showing up with a busted windshield or something else like that.
...and shippers insurance does NOT cover normal road hazards (i.e., chipped windshield) or acts of God (i.e., hail).. I am happy to report that aside from many many bug guts, all good on my truck.

Keep in mind, if you chose to fly&drive you'd be just as susceptible to damage (possibly more - my truck was loaded mid-truck so had somewhat of a buffer). Obviously you'd have the option of protecting it with a product applied to the hood as others have mentioned, but in theory you could probably arrange that through the dealer for a fee if you are that concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate for my new truck to have a ding or chip, but whether it happens on the drive up or 2 months later at work won't really make me lose sleep.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...and shippers insurance does NOT cover normal road hazards (i.e., chipped windshield) or acts of God (i.e., hail).. I am happy to report that aside from many many bug guts, all good on my truck.

Keep in mind, if you chose to fly&drive you'd be just as susceptible to damage (possibly more - my truck was loaded mid-truck so had somewhat of a buffer). Obviously you'd have the option of protecting it with a product applied to the hood as others have mentioned, but in theory you could probably arrange that through the dealer for a fee if you are that concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate for my new truck to have a ding or chip, but whether it happens on the drive up or 2 months later at work won't really make me lose sleep.
If I were shipping, I think I'd probably spring for enclosed transport. I think it was right around 50% more for enclosed vs open. I had my Z06 shipped down like that and it was worth every penny.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Glad your truck arrived intact even with the added option of bug guts....happen to know the code for that option? LOL!

I planning to travel to pick up my truck when/if it arrives at MD. I realize road hazards can happen to me on the return trip just as they could happen on a hauler. My concern is to inspect the truck for manufacturing issues like missing options, misalignment of doors, ramboxes, tailgate etc. I realize I'm being a little overzealous but what that hell, I'm retired and have the time and enjoy a road trip. May go through Biloxi to win some money for more add-ons!

Plus I want to personally shake Aaron's hand.

Users who are viewing this thread