5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
I placed my order w/ MD yesterday. So far its been a great experience including their customer service.

For those that's gone down this road already, does MD push an extended warranty when you get into the financing? Not that this is necessarily bad, I'm just preparing for that day and what my options are.
They did not push an extended warranty. They asked if I was interested and I said no since I was already quoted the Mopar Max Care from Ziegler that was below anything they would have matched with their 3rd party warranty offering.

Their finance team is exactly like their sales team. Great to work with. Not trying to upsell or sneak fees into the deal at the end.

I was quoted a $200 doc fee when I ordered my truck. By the time I took delivery, it was up to $425. The finance guy reduced our already agreed upon sales price by $225 without me even asking for the reduction. They stood by their word 100% at every turn.

Derek916

Reaction score
They did not push an extended warranty. They asked if I was interested and I said no since I was already quoted the Mopar Max Care from Ziegler that was below anything they would have matched with their 3rd party warranty offering.

Their finance team is exactly like their sales team. Great to work with. Not trying to upsell or sneak fees into the deal at the end.

I was quoted a $200 doc fee when I ordered my truck. By the time I took delivery, it was up to $425. The finance guy reduced our already agreed upon sales price by $225 without me even asking for the reduction. They stood by their word 100% at every turn.
Were they at all interested in trying to beat the Ziegler quote?

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Timeline update -
11/6 WS
11/8(or 11/9) on train.
11/19 arrival to port Baton Rouge.
11/24 arrival at MD

Where the **** is my truck. We have window stickers the same day. Wtf!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Seems like either you’re waiting 6 months or just 4-5 weeks with Ram, no in between. Same over on the TRX Forum. Still trying to decide as to when I should order mine so I can take an April delivery. Don’t want/need it until then.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like either you’re waiting 6 months or just 4-5 weeks with Ram, no in between. Same over on the TRX Forum. Still trying to decide as to when I should order mine so I can take an April delivery. Don’t want/need it until then.

Today is literally 5 weeks and 1 day for me. Guess I'll get my truck in April then lol.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Where the **** is my truck. We have window stickers the same day. Wtf!!!!!

Yours is waiting with mine, they couldnt let my lonely trucj travel alone, so they held yours back in illinois with mine.

Misery Loves Company

Derek916

Reaction score
Yours is waiting with mine, they couldnt let my lonely trucj travel alone, so they held yours back in illinois with mine.

Misery Loves Company
Are you on the 11/18 train? That is the train I am on.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

Misery Loves Company

They said mine was in Arkansas three days ago. That’s literally the next state over. If they were willing to release it to me I would go get it myself

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Are you on the 11/18 train? That is the train I am on.

How did u find out what train yours was on? Did you ask RamChat for an estimation of when it should get to MD? I want to see if yours matches up with mine. I was told the 11/26 -12/8. Which is next week. So I can’t be too mad. I know it’s there basically. 5 months is a long time waiting for your first Custom ordered truck. I wish they could finance me now and schedule the driver before it got there. But I know they wouldn’t.

But one can only dream

scottlieb

Reaction score
Likely, i dont know what day it shipped, wednesday i was told it was in illinois

You guys should be able to get a report from Sandi showing the exact date/time the train is due in to Baton Rouge. If you have that date and assume a week later for arrival at MD you should be safe.

I finalized my purchase, so I own the truck but it sits at MD until picked up by carrier. Cool thing is they set me up with the Ram app, so for the transport to my house I can follow it in real time! Screenshot_20211124-190236_Ram.jpg

4jlcc

Reaction score
You guys should be able to get a report from Sandi showing the exact date/time the train is due in to Baton Rouge. If you have that date and assume a week later for arrival at MD you should be safe.

I finalized my purchase, so I own the truck but it sits at MD until picked up by carrier. Cool thing is they set me up with the Ram app, so for the transport to my house I can follow it in real time! View attachment 112137
That is awesome!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I finalized my purchase, so I own the truck but it sits at MD until picked up by carrier. Cool thing is they set me up with the Ram app, so for the transport to my house I can follow it in real time! View attachment 112137
is this a free service?

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

Just another thing to follow….. sign me up!! Im Young and impatient

4th RAM

Reaction score
My truck arrived and was damaged during transport. I'll write about my experiences later, once I've gotten everything settled with the insurance company.

But here are some thoughts on the truck:
I like it! The truck feels beefier than my 2018 RAM. The doors feel heavier and everything feels a little nicer.

The seats are hard. I don't love them yet, but I do like the angles better. The 2018 angles felt like it was designed to make you hunch your back, and this has a more upright design.

The heat runs a little hotter than the last 5 vehicles we've owned. We typically have it on 72, and this one is way too hot for that. I had to put it on 67. I suppose I should test the A/C eventually to see how that works.

I like the bed divider thing, although it was installed backwards and was very hard to get out. The only way to get it out is to open the arms up, but it was installed backwards and too close to the front of the truck and the arms wouldn't open all the way. DOH!

The truck drives nicely and has a lot of pep. The e-torque is a little noticeable as it turns itself on, it has a small shimmy feel to it, but I think I'll get used to it quickly.

The Uconnect 5 is very easy to use and intuitive. I haven't fully explored it, but so far so good.

The safety features work well. The truck doesn't not like how quickly I drove into the garage towards the wall and did a hardstop on me, so I know it is working!

The Ramboxes are great! They don't fit a ton of groceries, but I can put my smelly outdoors clothes in there, which is fantastic.

The backseat of this truck is huge! I don't know if it is because I got the 5'7" bed, but the back seat is amazing.

The rear underseat storage is no longer a bin. It is literally a barrier, sort of like a 3" or so board, that flips up to create the "bin". I guess it is ok since you can flip it down if you have some reason to want to do that, but I was extremely surprised at what they consider to be "storage".

I like the design of the center console. Very functional, and lots of storage space.

I don't love the manual folding power trailer mirrors. I'm trying to get used to them, but I'm not in love. The reflection in the passenger one looks weird to me. I don't know why, but it reminds me of the mirrors they put in bathrooms in bad neighborhoods. You know, the kind where they just buff a piece of metal, rather than having real glass? I think I might have to add an additional blind spot mirror or something. I just don't love the views I have.

I don't totally trust the blind spot monitoring. I was driving in some slow traffic, so I looked to see if it was catching all the cars going by. It wasn't. It seemed hit or miss.

The cross-traffic alert came on once while I was backing up, and nothing was around, so not sure what set it off, but I was glad to see it was there. I'm sure I'll know more about it as I drive more.

I need to familiarize myself with the truck more, but so far I'm happy with my purchase.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck arrived and was damaged during transport. I'll write about my experiences later, once I've gotten everything settled with the insurance company.

But here are some thoughts on the truck:
I like it! The truck feels beefier than my 2018 RAM. The doors feel heavier and everything feels a little nicer.

The seats are hard. I don't love them yet, but I do like the angles better. The 2018 angles felt like it was designed to make you hunch your back, and this has a more upright design.

The heat runs a little hotter than the last 5 vehicles we've owned. We typically have it on 72, and this one is way too hot for that. I had to put it on 67. I suppose I should test the A/C eventually to see how that works.

I like the bed divider thing, although it was installed backwards and was very hard to get out. The only way to get it out is to open the arms up, but it was installed backwards and too close to the front of the truck and the arms wouldn't open all the way. DOH!

The truck drives nicely and has a lot of pep. The e-torque is a little noticeable as it turns itself on, it has a small shimmy feel to it, but I think I'll get used to it quickly.

The Uconnect 5 is very easy to use and intuitive. I haven't fully explored it, but so far so good.

The safety features work well. The truck doesn't not like how quickly I drove into the garage towards the wall and did a hardstop on me, so I know it is working!

The Ramboxes are great! They don't fit a ton of groceries, but I can put my smelly outdoors clothes in there, which is fantastic.

The backseat of this truck is huge! I don't know if it is because I got the 5'7" bed, but the back seat is amazing.

The rear underseat storage is no longer a bin. It is literally a barrier, sort of like a 3" or so board, that flips up to create the "bin". I guess it is ok since you can flip it down if you have some reason to want to do that, but I was extremely surprised at what they consider to be "storage".

I like the design of the center console. Very functional, and lots of storage space.

I don't love the manual folding power trailer mirrors. I'm trying to get used to them, but I'm not in love. The reflection in the passenger one looks weird to me. I don't know why, but it reminds me of the mirrors they put in bathrooms in bad neighborhoods. You know, the kind where they just buff a piece of metal, rather than having real glass? I think I might have to add an additional blind spot mirror or something. I just don't love the views I have.

I don't totally trust the blind spot monitoring. I was driving in some slow traffic, so I looked to see if it was catching all the cars going by. It wasn't. It seemed hit or miss.

The cross-traffic alert came on once while I was backing up, and nothing was around, so not sure what set it off, but I was glad to see it was there. I'm sure I'll know more about it as I drive more.

I need to familiarize myself with the truck more, but so far I'm happy with my purchase.
Congratulations on getting your truck and I
hope it wasn’t damaged too bad. Good luck with the Ins co!

But, Thanks for that writeup! Great info!!

scottlieb

Reaction score
is this a free service?
Ram app i believe was formerly the unconnect app. Similar to the apps from many other manufacturers that allow you to lock/unlock/remote start/GPS locate.

Not sure if its on all trims, or if all the services remain free or require subscription. I have the same on a GMC and Lincoln and they are free.

Users who are viewing this thread