5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I believe my BS was 10/25, the WS 10/28, and it arrived at MD 11/8/2021.

So it took 11 days from BS to MD. This is the stage I’m at now. Day 16 hoping to get a email saying it arrived.

@4th RAM can you tell me all the paper or information they needed or asked for so I can have all this ready to go please.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Here's my timeline:
11/8 got the email from MD- it included financing application, other info, and pics of the truck. That evening I got bids for my old truck to sell, but it was a little late and I decided to finalize the old truck sale the next evening.
11/9 MD financing staff got in touch. I got the paperwork and did a Zoom call. I sold my old truck that evening and deposited the check.
11/10 Bank Holiday- I signed all documents.
11/11 (Friday) Went in person to the bank to wire the funds to MD. My car insurance people gave me the wrong info and didn't want to do a "binder" b/c they said it wasn't necessary. MD sent some more videos, which were appreciated.
11/12 weekend, no activity
11/13 weekend, no activity
11/14 Monday- called the insurance company again, got the binder, sent info to MD. At this point in time, everything was finished and the truck was clear to get temp tags.
11/15 Tues- MD set up shipping- contract written- contract said the shipper would pick it up between 11/17 and 11/19.
11/16 No action
11/17 No action
11/18 No action
11/19 Friday- shipper picked up vehicle

As you can see, much of the delay was me getting my stuff in order, plus holidays and weekends. The rest was waiting for the shipping.

Here are things I could have done better:
* Clear some time in my work calendar to handle some of these tasks, although I didn't know exactly when the truck would arrive at the dealer and I was VERY busy at work
* Make an appointment at the bank to do the wire. My bank does not do same day appointments, so I should have made the appointment the day before.
* Gets bids for the sale of my old vehicle as soon as I knew that the factory was shipping the truck to MD
* Be more insistent with the insurance company- MD and the financing company need to see the policy with the VIN of the new vehicle

I'm getting excited and I hope that the truck arrives in perfect condition!

I assume when you says you got bids on your old car, you sold it via Carvana or Vroom or similar? If so, can you quickly comment on that process? About to do my gf's car on Carvana and going to do my truck also once my new Ram is on the way.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Sandi told me that currently it is 6-8 weeks from production to dealership. You guys are reporting a much shorter timeframe which is what I'm hoping for but mine supposedly isn't scheduled to build until the week of 1-17 :(

Derek916

Reaction score
Sandi told me that currently it is 6-8 weeks from production to dealership. You guys are reporting a much shorter timeframe which is what I'm hoping for but mine supposedly isn't scheduled to build until the week of 1-17 :(
Yeah mine was accurate with the paper she gave me. A bit too accurate…lol. Won’t be able to meet the PenFed member requirements before closing it is looking like.
Ordered 10/28
Built 11/16
Shipped 11/18

moral of story - apply for penfed as soon as you start having the itch to buy.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Look @ my sig. Build sheet on the 20th of october, its now november 22 and my truck is on a train in illinois roughly. Expecting it in the Middle of the shipping window, and it will be at MD around the 6th, So 7 weeks from build to dealer approximately.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I assume when you says you got bids on your old car, you sold it via Carvana or Vroom or similar? If so, can you quickly comment on that process? About to do my gf's car on Carvana and going to do my truck also once my new Ram is on the way.

I went to Carmax and a local used car dealer. The used car dealer was actually a guy who was sitting in a used car dealership, but he was buying for a large online nationwide business. Carmax and the used car guy had similar prices. The used car dealer was a few hundred higher, but I felt they were not very responsive. I called to ask whether I'd walk out with a check or not, and they didn't call back at all. I decided to go with Carmax because they were more responsive and I trust them, and I felt I had to move quickly for the MD timeline. I've also had Carmax appraise a number of trucks for me where I didn't sell to them. I was happy to finally sell something to them since I'd used them as a price comparison so many times before. I like to support the brick-and-mortar stores if I can. I decided not to do Carvana or Vroom because I had two minor blemishes on the truck, and I didn't want to have them renege on the sale because I didn't take good enough pictures of these minor items. This is unscientific, but I was ok with getting less in order to have less risk on my end. I also wanted quick payment, and I've read that it can take a while with them.

Two days after I sold my truck, the used car dealer called me and offered $3K more than before. I was like "ARGH"!!! That's a big difference! If only they'd offered that to start...

4th RAM

Reaction score
So it took 11 days from BS to MD. This is the stage I’m at now. Day 16 hoping to get a email saying it arrived.

@4th RAM can you tell me all the paper or information they needed or asked for so I can have all this ready to go please.

Here are the things I can think of, there weren't many:

The very first thing I had to do was to fill out the financing documents. You know, they ask all of those questions I can't remember the answers to: When did you buy your current house? How much do you make per year? How long have you worked there? You'll need to have that sort of information available.

You'll need to unlock your credit if you are applying for financing and you keep it locked. I'd wait until the truck arrives to do this. To be sure, I unlocked all 3 credit agencies for a week.

After you fill out the credit application, they'll send you the final documents for signature via Docusign. I read them carefully to make sure I didn't mess up on the credit application anywhere. I did have to ask for one minor change due to a mistake I made.

The docs will include the wiring info. I printed that, and I also printed the bill of sale that listed my down payment amount, and I headed to the bank (after my check had cleared for the sale of other truck). It is advised that you make an appointment, and my bank said that all funds had to be in a single account to be able to wire them. My bank sent a same-day wire, which was a surprise. At work, our ACH's don't clear until the next day, only FedWires do. They said it was an ACH, but it did go out same-day. They also stopped doing wires early at like 3pm or 4pm, so plan ahead.

I had to get a "binder" for car insurance. I may be saying that incorrectly. I needed to have a policy on the new vehicle that included the VIN number and certain thresholds of deductibles. My deductibles were much lower than the threshold, so that was not a big deal. My insurance company did it same day once I insisted on a binder. I sent the pdf to the finance guy, and the next day, MD called me to discuss shipping.

I also asked for and received videos of the truck.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I'm now on to the delivery phase. My truck was picked up on the 19th from MD, and it is on its way to Maryland. The shipper was supposed to contact me 24 hours in advance of delivery, and he didn't. I contacted MD and they said I could contact the shipper directly.

I called the shipper, and he was very nice. He said he wouldn't make it today, but he felt he'd be here by tomorrow late AM/early PM. We discussed whether his 44' trailer would fit in my neighborhood (I'm still not sure). He also promised to call an hour out so I am sure I'm home. I am going to text him pics of the roads in my neighborhood so he can decide if he'll fit or not.

I asked how his drive has been, he said uneventful, but he hit some heavy traffic on the way.

He sounded very friendly and relaxed, so at least I don't have to worry that my truck fell off the carrier and they are frantically trying to do a repair job with bubblegum and spray paint.
Haha, just kidding. Sort of... I'll be a little worried until the truck is safely in front of my house.

I don't have plans to do the 80-point inspection I'd be doing if I picked it up myself. My goal is to very slowly look at the exterior from two directions and NOT RUSH. I'll also check the odometer. I can't think of anything else to check that would be his responsibility.

I have no plans for remediation if there are extra miles on it or if there is a ding. I guess I'd be calling MD to ask for advice.
I am very grateful that he is coming in the middle of the work day, instead of at 2am when I wouldn't be able to call MD with questions or issues. I'm not expecting problems, I just like to be prepared.

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
I plan on ordering from MD as well. Was quoted 20 weeks for delivery after order. This sound accurate to yall? I’m in no real hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on ordering from MD as well. Was quoted 20 weeks for delivery after order. This sound accurate to yall? I’m in no real hurry.

More than likely accurate as far as they can tell. I found MD to a mixture of optimistic and realistic when it came to my timeframe for my order.

derk916

Reaction score

i was quoted the same but it will be ready within 5 weeks it seems. Sort of does matter if you are not already a PenFed member

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I'm now on to the delivery phase. My truck was picked up on the 19th from MD, and it is on its way to Maryland. The shipper was supposed to contact me 24 hours in advance of delivery, and he didn't. I contacted MD and they said I could contact the shipper directly.

I called the shipper, and he was very nice. He said he wouldn't make it today, but he felt he'd be here by tomorrow late AM/early PM. We discussed whether his 44' trailer would fit in my neighborhood (I'm still not sure). He also promised to call an hour out so I am sure I'm home. I am going to text him pics of the roads in my neighborhood so he can decide if he'll fit or not.

I asked how his drive has been, he said uneventful, but he hit some heavy traffic on the way.

He sounded very friendly and relaxed, so at least I don't have to worry that my truck fell off the carrier and they are frantically trying to do a repair job with bubblegum and spray paint.
Haha, just kidding. Sort of... I'll be a little worried until the truck is safely in front of my house.

I don't have plans to do the 80-point inspection I'd be doing if I picked it up myself. My goal is to very slowly look at the exterior from two directions and NOT RUSH. I'll also check the odometer. I can't think of anything else to check that would be his responsibility.

I have no plans for remediation if there are extra miles on it or if there is a ding. I guess I'd be calling MD to ask for advice.
I am very grateful that he is coming in the middle of the work day, instead of at 2am when I wouldn't be able to call MD with questions or issues. I'm not expecting problems, I just like to be prepared.

Great seems like a easy situation. I hope u get your truck ding free. Did they want any paper work from you? I haven’t bought a car in a long time. I also might need a co signed for to get the best rate. I’m young so my credit isn’t old enough to have a 720+. So do I need to gather pay stubs or W-2s?

Cruzer1

Reaction score

21 weeks, 4 days for my truck from MD. No sign of a truck. Hoping will get information soon.

Cruzer1

Reaction score
That is an excellent point. An just so everyone knows, I am patient and would would work with MD again.

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
That is an excellent point. An just so everyone knows, I am patient and would would work with MD again.

This is why I’m asking. I’m not impatient. Am looking to get the vehicle around April. Was going to order a TRX, but due to a promotion at work next year, I’ll need something with better fuel economy for Highway miles, so a limited with the 3.0 is what im looking for.

derk916

Reaction score
the rebates are looking pretty good right now! I had to do a double take on the Laramie Ecodiesel they have for 53K on their website. Anyone have any luck finding any coupons on the Ram website? I know it was a thing for 2021.

shak3r

Reaction score
I placed my order w/ MD yesterday. So far its been a great experience including their customer service.

For those that's gone down this road already, does MD push an extended warranty when you get into the financing? Not that this is necessarily bad, I'm just preparing for that day and what my options are.

Users who are viewing this thread