5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Hasti17

Reaction score
I never received anything from ram for the first truck. and so far nothing on the second one.
If they "escalate" your case you get put on an auto email list for this stuff. every email i got was days after the fact, and ultimately it is just as unhelpful as if they said nothing

scottlieb

Reaction score
To echo what has already been said, Sandi told me up to 3 weeks to get from port to dealership because there are 5 drivers doing deliveries for all of Louisiana. Thats insane.

My truck will be at the port 11/19 so hoping MD received by end of month, but we will see.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
To echo what has already been said, Sandi told me up to 3 weeks to get from port to dealership because there are 5 drivers doing deliveries for all of Louisiana. Thats insane.

My truck will be at the port 11/19 so hoping MD received by end of month, but we will see.

Port? How do you know the date it will be at the port. I’m guessing port is after the train ride..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
If they "escalate" your case you get put on an auto email list for this stuff. every email i got was days after the fact, and ultimately it is just as unhelpful as if they said nothing
funny dealer said they asked for my new truck to be escalated because they screwed up the first order. guess that did not work.

firedfly

Reaction score
Port? How do you know the date it will be at the port. I’m guessing port is after the train ride..

Port Allen (in Baton Rouge) is where the truck gets off the train. From there, it waits for a carrier to take it to MD. MD has access to the shipping status. This includes when the truck got on the train and when it is expected to get off the train. I'm not sure when those dates are available. For me, I happened to ask Sandi for an update the day my truck was expected in Port Allen and there was an expected arrival date/time listed.

scottlieb

Reaction score
Port Allen (in Baton Rouge) is where the truck gets off the train. From there, it waits for a carrier to take it to MD. MD has access to the shipping status. This includes when the truck got on the train and when it is expected to get off the train. I'm not sure when those dates are available. For me, I happened to ask Sandi for an update the day my truck was expected in Port Allen and there was an expected arrival date/time listed.
Correct. If you ask Sandi she can pull it up and share with you..

1637096147206_image001.png

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Ram REBEL (options in signature)

06-07-2021 Order placed
06-10-2021 Received VIN/VON

Been in "D" status ever since. Plan to fly into LCH and drive it home if it ever gets built. 333 mile drive one-way.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I think I understand a little better how the MD shipping works now. Someone with more knowledge can chip in additional info.

When they are ready to ship (which is very soon after you get your loan docs done/send your payment), MD will call you, and together you will decide on a price to ship. MD knows the going rates and will help you make a offer for the shipping job, although I'm sure you are welcome to do your own research if you choose. MD will then post the shipping job on a shipper's job board, and available shippers can choose to take the job if they want.
If you have selected a price that is too low, no one will take the job and eventually you'll need to re-post with a higher price.
MD gets nothing out of it, they are merely connecting customers to shippers. I very much appreciate this service, and they made it really easy for me.

My shipper took the job almost immediately, so there was no waiting involved.

You will then pay the shipper directly IN CASH when the vehicle arrives. It is up to you to do a great job inspecting the vehicle when it arrives. It will take 1 week or less for my truck to arrive.

I am assuming that the shipping site makes sure the shippers are licensed and insured.
I don't know if the shippers have ratings or anything on the site, or if all shippers are considered equal. I trust that MD knows what they are doing for selecting a firm.

I did a little checking on my shipper online just to make sure (licensed, BBB, complaints, judiciary case search). I wanted to make sure they aren't known for DUI's or car theft. They had some judicial records, but there was nothing recent that would disqualify them.

I hope this helps those who are waiting to have a little more understanding of what to expect. Hopefully others can add info or correct anything I misunderstood.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I understand a little better how the MD shipping works now. Someone with more knowledge can chip in additional info.

When they are ready to ship (which is very soon after you get your loan docs done/send your payment), MD will call you, and together you will decide on a price to ship. MD knows the going rates and will help you make a offer for the shipping job, although I'm sure you are welcome to do your own research if you choose. MD will then post the shipping job on a shipper's job board, and available shippers can choose to take the job if they want.
If you have selected a price that is too low, no one will take the job and eventually you'll need to re-post with a higher price.
MD gets nothing out of it, they are merely connecting customers to shippers. I very much appreciate this service, and they made it really easy for me.

My shipper took the job almost immediately, so there was no waiting involved.

You will then pay the shipper directly IN CASH when the vehicle arrives. It is up to you to do a great job inspecting the vehicle when it arrives. It will take 1 week or less for my truck to arrive.

I am assuming that the shipping site makes sure the shippers are licensed and insured.
I don't know if the shippers have ratings or anything on the site, or if all shippers are considered equal. I trust that MD knows what they are doing for selecting a firm.

I did a little checking on my shipper online just to make sure (licensed, BBB, complaints, judiciary case search). I wanted to make sure they aren't known for DUI's or car theft. They had some judicial records, but there was nothing recent that would disqualify them.

I hope this helps those who are waiting to have a little more understanding of what to expect. Hopefully others can add info or correct anything I misunderstood.
I didn't go far enough into the shipping process (drove a trade-in down) to add anything but there's no way I'd pay in cash. I'd give them a certified check, but if cash is the only option, that just tells me they aren't reporting some or all of the income. Plus, I've got a better paper trail with the certified check. That's just me, though. I don't think anyone here has trouble with the shipping process.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I didn't go far enough into the shipping process (drove a trade-in down) to add anything but there's no way I'd pay in cash. I'd give them a certified check, but if cash is the only option, that just tells me they aren't reporting some or all of the income. Plus, I've got a better paper trail with the certified check. That's just me, though. I don't think anyone here has trouble with the shipping process.

Why would u need a paper trail? Your paying after its delivered to your house…. U don’t have to pay anything if u don’t except the truck because it was damaged during the shipping from MD to your location

4th RAM

Reaction score

I did some light research online and it looks like the carriers have been bilked out of being paid in the past. This article says that "cash" can be construed to be cash, cashier's check, or money order. My agreement does say cash or certified funds. I can imagine that some shippers are leery of getting a payment that may not be legitimate or a credit card payment that can later be disputed. It also says that some carriers are beginning to allow Venmo and whatnot, but it is not yet the norm.

I can see both sides. I'm ok with paying in cash because I intend to inspect the vehicle before paying. I hope they aren't planning to deliver it at 3am or anything!

Article:

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Sooo does anyone have date for the delivery of their truck anytime soon? I hate to bother the dealer but I will if necessary. I’m scheduled for sometime in the next two weeks but I’m hoping it’s Before thanksgiving

4th RAM

Reaction score
Sooo does anyone have date for the delivery of their truck anytime soon? I hate to bother the dealer but I will if necessary. I’m scheduled for sometime in the next two weeks but I’m hoping it’s Before thanksgiving

Mine has left MD and is on its way to me. It will arrive Monday or Tuesday.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

Congratulations . I was told mine is in Arkansas and won’t be delivered to them until the middle of December. Idk how that time frame works hole only ine state away

scottlieb

Reaction score
Just curious - the 12 days between dealer arrival and getting on a truck to you - was it solely based on them having to wait for a truck, or were there other factors?

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

Just wonder I know average is 18 days but how long after build sheet did MD receive it

4th RAM

Reaction score
Just curious - the 12 days between dealer arrival and getting on a truck to you - was it solely based on them having to wait for a truck, or were there other factors?

Here's my timeline:
11/8 got the email from MD- it included financing application, other info, and pics of the truck. That evening I got bids for my old truck to sell, but it was a little late and I decided to finalize the old truck sale the next evening.
11/9 MD financing staff got in touch. I got the paperwork and did a Zoom call. I sold my old truck that evening and deposited the check.
11/10 Bank Holiday- I signed all documents.
11/11 (Friday) Went in person to the bank to wire the funds to MD. My car insurance people gave me the wrong info and didn't want to do a "binder" b/c they said it wasn't necessary. MD sent some more videos, which were appreciated.
11/12 weekend, no activity
11/13 weekend, no activity
11/14 Monday- called the insurance company again, got the binder, sent info to MD. At this point in time, everything was finished and the truck was clear to get temp tags.
11/15 Tues- MD set up shipping- contract written- contract said the shipper would pick it up between 11/17 and 11/19.
11/16 No action
11/17 No action
11/18 No action
11/19 Friday- shipper picked up vehicle

As you can see, much of the delay was me getting my stuff in order, plus holidays and weekends. The rest was waiting for the shipping.

Here are things I could have done better:
* Clear some time in my work calendar to handle some of these tasks, although I didn't know exactly when the truck would arrive at the dealer and I was VERY busy at work
* Make an appointment at the bank to do the wire. My bank does not do same day appointments, so I should have made the appointment the day before.
* Gets bids for the sale of my old vehicle as soon as I knew that the factory was shipping the truck to MD
* Be more insistent with the insurance company- MD and the financing company need to see the policy with the VIN of the new vehicle

I'm getting excited and I hope that the truck arrives in perfect condition!

scottlieb

Reaction score
Here's my timeline:
11/8 got the email from MD- it included financing application, other info, and pics of the truck. That evening I got bids for my old truck to sell, but it was a little late and I decided to finalize the old truck sale the next evening.
11/9 MD financing staff got in touch. I got the paperwork and did a Zoom call. I sold my old truck that evening and deposited the check.
11/10 Bank Holiday- I signed all documents.
11/11 (Friday) Went in person to the bank to wire the funds to MD. My car insurance people gave me the wrong info and didn't want to do a "binder" b/c they said it wasn't necessary. MD sent some more videos, which were appreciated.
11/12 weekend, no activity
11/13 weekend, no activity
11/14 Monday- called the insurance company again, got the binder, sent info to MD. At this point in time, everything was finished and the truck was clear to get temp tags.
11/15 Tues- MD set up shipping- contract written- contract said the shipper would pick it up between 11/17 and 11/19.
11/16 No action
11/17 No action
11/18 No action
11/19 Friday- shipper picked up vehicle

As you can see, much of the delay was me getting my stuff in order, plus holidays and weekends. The rest was waiting for the shipping.

Here are things I could have done better:
* Clear some time in my work calendar to handle some of these tasks, although I didn't know exactly when the truck would arrive at the dealer and I was VERY busy at work
* Make an appointment at the bank to do the wire. My bank does not do same day appointments, so I should have made the appointment the day before.
* Gets bids for the sale of my old vehicle as soon as I knew that the factory was shipping the truck to MD
* Be more insistent with the insurance company- MD and the financing company need to see the policy with the VIN of the new vehicle

I'm getting excited and I hope that the truck arrives in perfect condition!
Thanks, very helpful.. hopefully I can use your info to avoid some delays. Hoping my truck gets to MD sometime in the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread