5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Dunga

Reaction score
Beautfiul.... all around. The truck, the vette (I had an '08 for years), the garage... everything. LOVE the setup!
Thanks brother! I made sure to hide the mess on the left with strollers, mower, snow blower....etc. It's in need for some TLC. Been meaning to get some NewAge cabinets and DIY install them but haven't had much time the last year and a half with 2 jobs, kids and grad school. I'll get there eventually!

Can someone looks at this summary and tell me what Bill from Mark Dodge is talking about? He said i have to add a level 1 or 2 package to my build. When i build it on RAM.com it doesnt force me to. Also his levels say Laramie level 1 and level 2 not limited.

Sorry Luke I can't see much for summary. Just some stuff about Limited? It's not a build. Limited just has 1 level equipment besides special editions like 10th anniversary, night package...etc.

LukePCI

Reaction score
Thanks brother! I made sure to hide the mess on the left with strollers, mower, snow blower....etc. It's in need for some TLC. Been meaning to get some NewAge cabinets and DIY install them but haven't had much time the last year and a half with 2 jobs, kids and grad school. I'll get there eventually!

Sorry Luke I can't see much for summary. Just some stuff about Limited? It's not a build. Limited just has 1 level equipment besides special editions like 10th anniversary, night package...etc.
Were you able to get the tan interior with your RAM?

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
I know everyone has a different opinion on this, but I’ll ask anyway.

What brand would you recommend for the DIY ceramic coating?

I was planning on paying someone to do the paint correction but, based on your time estimates, I’d have no problem doing the DIY CC if it’s going to make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used DPC Detailing titanium ceramic coating with good success. Professional grade coating that doesn't require certification to purchase.

TSL

Reaction score
One thing I’m very impressed with is the paint quality. Now I don’t know how much of it is thanks to the ceramic coating job since they usually do some paint correction, but even things like orange peel seem better than my Vette and some Mercedes’ I’ve owned. It’s a bit dusty but you can see hardly any swirls.
I had my truck ceramic coated recently. The guy that did it was also impressed with the paint quality. He pulled out a paint depth gauge and checked the truck in several places and the gadget was reading 6, 7, 8 mils ( I think it was mils it was reading ). He said that was really good, he sees some new vehicles with 4 or 5 mils of paint depth, and said paint quality is a place where some manufacturers cut costs ( and quality obviously )

Dunga

Reaction score
I had my truck ceramic coated recently. The guy that did it was also impressed with the paint quality. He pulled out a paint depth gauge and checked the truck in several places and the gadget was reading 6, 7, 8 mils ( I think it was mils it was reading ). He said that was really good, he sees some new vehicles with 4 or 5 mils of paint depth, and said paint quality is a place where some manufacturers cut costs ( and quality obviously )
I can see that. This paint just transforms in the sun. Very happy with it.
A87CD5D2-A235-4D83-AEDE-45C50DD7EF07.jpeg
89394FCE-398B-4245-A166-11E29D2BAD78.jpeg

TSL

Reaction score
Finally got my license plates on Saturday. The wheels grind slowly at Oregon DMV apparently. I got the truck on June 18th. The temp tags that MD sent with the truck actually expired 2 weeks ago. I contacted them and they sent me several additional 5 day temp tags by over-night FedEx. So once again, MD is on top of things, and kept the customer happy ! Having to park the truck up for a while, waiting for the plates to come in would have been .... "dissatisfying" !!
It was taking so long for the DMV that my credit union actually called me last Friday, mildly annoyed, that they still hadn't got a copy of the title document. ( They say their policy is they have to have it within 60 days of the loan being disbursed )I told them I hadn't got my plates either so they seemed content to wait another couple weeks.
Anyway, I guess it meant MD got a bit more advertising around the Pacific NW for a bit longer, given I left their logo in the rear license plate holder. The sticker on the back window came off when I got the ceramic coating done.

Abckmyr

Reaction score
Just curious who still has orders out with MD and what stage is your build in. Also what trim level you order.
I ordered 7/7 I’m in scheduled and I ordered a limited.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited 6/10. I'm in KZ shipped and invoiced as of 8/10. Just waiting for it to get from factory to Mark Dodge now.

Last edited:

cleigh

Reaction score
Just curious who still has orders out with MD and what stage is your build in. Also what trim level you order.

Bighorn ordered 5/17. D status.

Jerry0126

Reaction score
She’s finally here! Delivery was late at night so I couldn’t inspect every inch but looks like she’s in a good shape. Some bugs. One tiny area that would need touch up pain that actually may have been from the factory. It’s like 2 millimeters wide. Tiny. I’m sure I’ll find more blemishes in better light.

Some initial impressions: the screen is soooo friggin bright. Probably can turn down brightness somewhere in the settings. The steering should telescope in an $80k vehicle. I’m sure I’ll find a driving position I like and get used to it. The infotainment is a bit overwhelming despite me spending the last 3 months watching every single YouTube video that had a 5th gen ram in it. I’m hoping the navigation has some sort of dark or night mode. My eyes can’t take all the bright shiny colors at midnight.

Leather quality seems very good. I believe they use different grade leathers for different parts. Like the arm rest feels much tougher than the dash for example. Probably because it needs to be tougher since it might get worn if it’s super soft and you touch it all the time.

The stereo is sweet. I’m no audiophile and wasn’t gonna max it out but when I got up to over 60-70% it remained super crisp. Need to play with the settings a bit.

Surround camera quality is not the best at night. Compares to my ‘14 corvette but my ‘21 Benz is leaps and bounds sharper.

Also this thing is a bit of a pain to park for the uninitiated. The size is bigger than anything I’ve tried to shove in there. -wut?-

View attachment 136012

One thing I’m very impressed with is the paint quality. Now I don’t know how much of it is thanks to the ceramic coating job since they usually do some paint correction, but even things like orange peel seem better than my Vette and some Mercedes’ I’ve owned. It’s a bit dusty but you can see hardly any swirls.

View attachment 136013

Overall I’m happy she made it alright. Cannot recommend the guys at mark dodge enough. From Sandi, to Cody, Reggie, and of course Aaron. With how busy those guys are, I have no clue how they manage to be so patient, professional, and unbelievably courteous. I got a brand new truck for $10 grand off sticker plus incentives. What else can I say? Maybe I shoulda got a TRX? Haha. I’ve no idea how I would park that thing being way wider than my behemoth.
Hi there , how did you get the 10k off? they just give me 5.5k off

Derek916

Reaction score
He has a fully loaded truck which is probably 80K MSRP. Everyone at MD is getting the same discount percentage wise, there isn't much need to do anything further negotiation wise.

Rammmer

Reaction score
He has a fully loaded truck which is probably 80K MSRP. Everyone at MD is getting the same discount percentage wise, there isn't much need to do anything further negotiation wise.
Yup. You get more off a Limited because it's more money.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

KurtLaf

Reaction score
Ordered on 06/27...still waiting to get scheduled

Dunga

Reaction score
Exactly what the other guys said. My MSRP was $80,xxx. No negotiations or anything. Plus you get whatever incentives Ram has at time of ordering or delivery whichever is better for you.

Jerry0126

Reaction score
wow ,cool ,thanks let me know , yes ,my MSRP of my order only 52k...😳

Jerry0126

Reaction score
Exactly what the other guys said. My MSRP was $80,xxx. No negotiations or anything. Plus you get whatever incentives Ram has at time of ordering or delivery whichever is better for you.
Thanks let me know ,that is so easy, MSRP only 52k ,so that is why, thanks ,I am ordering now .

Twil6

Reaction score
Just started my process with Sandi at Mark Dodge. She is super easy to deal with and had me a quote within an hour. This was my build spec
12% off MSRP no haggle no back and forth.

2022 Laramie
Southwest Edition
5.7 Hemi
Bucket seats
Level 1
Bed Utility Group
Rear wheelhouse liners
White

Users who are viewing this thread