5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Light Switch Problem.

InFamous

Reaction score
Today I installed the Lasfit LED's I ordered for my interior and reverse lights. As I was swapping out the lights for my map lights, which is a serious pain in the *** BTW, the switch that turns them always on, always off or in the middle to be on when the door opens fell out. I reinserted it figuring it just popped out and now it doesn't work. It's permanently in the middle position which only turns on when the door opens. The individual on/off switches still work though.

Any ideas on a fix or is it a thing where I have to replace the whole overhead console?

InFamous

Reaction score
FIXED IT!!! I just took everything back apart and was looking at the switch, there's 3 "M"ish shaped prongs underneath and one of the prongs was bent under the middle one. I straightened them all out, reinserted and it now works again. If anyone experiences this issue let me know and I'll explain it a bit more.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FIXED IT!!! I just took everything back apart and was looking at the switch, there's 3 "M"ish shaped prongs underneath and one of the prongs was bent under the middle one. I straightened them all out, reinserted and it now works again. If anyone experiences this issue let me know and I'll explain it a bit more.

lol, see the only way to learn is just to break some.

Users who are viewing this thread