5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map light issue

omalley72

Reaction score
Swapped out my bulbs for LEDs last night. No issues. All worked as they should. This morning when I started the truck, the right map light would not turn off. I pulled the cover and wiggled the bulb around a bit...no luck. Once I shut the truck off, the light went out. It seems the light only stays on while the truck is in ACCY or running (all others work as they should). I pulled the assembly down and replaced the bulb, again no luck. I put the original bulb back in, no luck. I disconnected the neg battery terminal for an hour hoping that would solve the issue. Well, it didn't. I figured when I take it in for it's first oil change I'll also have them look at it, unless anyone here knows what the issue could be. I know with previous generations this was an issue but was hoping that would not follow to this generation. Truck is 5 days old.

Users who are viewing this thread