5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manufacturers - let us choose options separately!!

antwon412

Reaction score
I think the red and black interior is just so good looking. But I really want a 12 inch screen. It really is too bad I have to upgrade to the rebel 12 package and lose the Red Seat backs that I like so much along with the mesh seat interior with the design on it.
I know it’s not just Ram. All the manufacturers do that. Lock us into these packages so we can’t get the truck we wanted. Even if we built it on a factory website you cannot option at the way you really like.

Just rambling. Getting ready to buy one and having a hard time deciding what options I want. Something about the matte black around on the 8.4 inch screen really just gets to me. It looks cheap and pictures. And when I saw in the truck I wasn’t too impressed. I have to sit it in the truck for a while and see if it grows on me I guess.

***edit - I see if I order the 8.4 nav 4c or whatever it’s called it changes up the steroe a bit. Looks a lot nicer to me. Good enough!

now....panoramic sunroof option.......

Last edited:

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Yes, going with the 8.4-inch Nav screen really changes the look. I actually wanted the 8.4-inch screen as I prefer the large knobs over the touch screen and had concerns over the long term reliability of the 12-inch screen with its complex electronics. Ironically, the dealer only had Rebels with the Rebel 12 package on the lot and I didn't want to wait so that's what I got. Looks pretty cool but I need my kid to adjust anything...too complicated for me...lol.

But I get your point as auto manufacturers today bundle everything a certain way to make you buy up; it's real science that makes them millions. You have to spend over $50K to get power folding mirrors (from almost anyone) even if you don't need/want that butt massager...lol.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can probably order the gloss black Bezel for the 8.4" screen, which is what my Rebel came with and looks so much better, because it makes the whole screen look larger.

But I hear you, if my truck came with the flat grey bezel on my 8.4" screen, I know I would not be happy with it.

antwon412

Reaction score
I have the 12” screen without the leather seats , regular black and red .
That was only available in 2019. And I can’t find a 2019 setup like that anywhere within 1000 miles of me. its a great combination I think. Enjoy!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I built my 2020 rebel in early February I was able to choose between red/black interior or all black. It might be because I am in Canada and we don’t order the 12” screen as the “rebel 12” package but as part of the “leather and sound group” which includes many options.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I forget that Canada and the US has different options sometimes , we can still get the 12” screen with the standard interior .

traymo

Reaction score
You can order the Rebel with the 12" screen and the red/black interior. It is a weird glitch with the Ram build website. Go sit down with your dealer and have them build the order on their system. Make sure they build the order as a "sold customer" order and not a regular dealer order.

antwon412

Reaction score
They must have updated the site. I can choose it myself now. 12” screen with the red/black seats. Buuuuut....its only like $700 to jump up to the full Rebel 12 package. And you get a lot more features.
Always have an upholstery shop re-do the seat backs in matching red if it bothered me that much.
And since I can’t order one the way I want I’ll probably end up “settling” for the full Rebel 12 package. And I’ll probably end up being happier anyway In the long run. With the huge pano roof, even the mostly black interior fells pretty open and airy.
Now to get the dealer I’m working with down just a bit more....I’m at 17% off msrp after all incentives. Seems like I should get it better than that.

traymo

Reaction score
They must have updated the site. I can choose it myself now. 12” screen with the red/black seats. Buuuuut....its only like $700 to jump up to the full Rebel 12 package. And you get a lot more features.
Always have an upholstery shop re-do the seat backs in matching red if it bothered me that much.
And since I can’t order one the way I want I’ll probably end up “settling” for the full Rebel 12 package. And I’ll probably end up being happier anyway In the long run. With the huge pano roof, even the mostly black interior fells pretty open and airy.
Now to get the dealer I’m working with down just a bit more....I’m at 17% off msrp after all incentives. Seems like I should get it better than that.

I just purchased my Rebel last month from a dealer in Minnesota. Sticker was 55k and got it for 44k (plus tax/title). They let me order it exactly how I wanted it. I flew in at 8am and was on the road back to Michigan by noon. No price haggling, just the best price up front. No employee discount needed. Forest Lake Ram MN

antwon412

Reaction score
I ended up buying one from out of state. Went to a dealer close to me that had nothing I liked in stock and sat in a couple they did have and really got a feel for it. After much deliberation I decided the rebel 12 package might actually be a good option for me. Easier to keep the leather clean. I just decided if I had to have the darker interior, without the red on the seat backs I wanted a panoramic sunroof to make it feel nice and open.

Continue to work with the dealer and ended up getting 20% off MSRP. I’m finishing up the paperwork today and they are shipping it to me for free. I was supposed to fly out and pick it up Saturday, but they said they have directives from their management that they don’t want anybody from out of state flying in due to the virus pandemic.

White exterior, the red and black rebel 12 package. Panoramic sunroof. I am a happy guy and greatly looking forward to having the truck here next week sometime!

beemerb0y

Reaction score
I just purchased my Rebel last month from a dealer in Minnesota. Sticker was 55k and got it for 44k (plus tax/title). They let me order it exactly how I wanted it. I flew in at 8am and was on the road back to Michigan by noon. No price haggling, just the best price up front. No employee discount needed. Forest Lake Ram MN
I ended up buying one from out of state. Went to a dealer close to me that had nothing I liked in stock and sat in a couple they did have and really got a feel for it. After much deliberation I decided the rebel 12 package might actually be a good option for me. Easier to keep the leather clean. I just decided if I had to have the darker interior, without the red on the seat backs I wanted a panoramic sunroof to make it feel nice and open.

Continue to work with the dealer and ended up getting 20% off MSRP. I’m finishing up the paperwork today and they are shipping it to me for free. I was supposed to fly out and pick it up Saturday, but they said they have directives from their management that they don’t want anybody from out of state flying in due to the virus pandemic.

White exterior, the red and black rebel 12 package. Panoramic sunroof. I am a happy guy and greatly looking forward to having the truck here next week sometime!

where are the 3 of you shopping and getting 17-20% off a Rebel???

SD Rebel

Reaction score

I got 25% off of mine last June. Check your highest volume dealership in your area, they will usually advertise the price on their website. Mine was stickered around $53K, I got it for $39K.

Last year it was RAM pushing to beat the Silverado for 2nd place. Though it can be hit or miss right now with low dealership stock.

traymo

Reaction score
Forest Lake Chrysler in Minnesota. Ask for Joe Casello. He specializes in internet sales. His email address is [email protected]. He will quote you a price now, even if you want to order one. He will send you the build sheet that shows employee pricing and your sale price will be on it. If the price goes down and/or better rebates are out when your truck comes, he will give you the better current rebates. If not, you get the price he gave you when they ordered the truck. I flew in from Michigan and he had me in/out quickly and I was on my way home. Best buying experience I have ever had.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Ty I will check them out
Might be the current supply limitations due to covid, or just a CA thing, but Im seeing average 5-10% off msrp (with rebates/incentives) for Rebels (for Crew Cabs that are fully loaded... more off on Quad Cabs and stripper models)

antwon412

Reaction score
My purchase was 4 months ago. Seems deals were better then. More inventory perhaps? Mine ended up being just about 22% below msrp.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
10%-15% off is the industry standard, all full size trucks are over-priced on MSRP, been like that for decades.

The 15%-25% is special pricing with extra incentives to move trucks, usually trying to meet some sales goal.

This pricing is usually across the board regardless of model.

Users who are viewing this thread