5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manufacture Date by VIN

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I tried searching the web but couldn't find a tool to tell me, via the VIN, what month a truck was built. Is there anyway to pull this information from just the VIN?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The vin is assigned right after ordering, the actual build can be anywhere from 1 to 4 months after that

RAMDJ

Reaction score
The vin is assigned right after ordering, the actual build can be anywhere from 1 to 4 months after that

Is there a way then to get the order month of the truck? I am just trying to calculate how long a truck has been on the dealer's lot without having access to the truck. I know it is normally in the door jam.

knightro84

Reaction score
If you are able to look at the window sticker on the dealer's website, at the bottom of it you can see the VIN and VON listed, and then just to the right of the VON there will be a four digit number - this is the MMDD the truck was finished. The below is a clip from my window sticker and the build was completed on October 31st.

Capture.JPG

RAMDJ

Reaction score
If you are able to look at the window sticker on the dealer's website, at the bottom of it you can see the VIN and VON listed, and then just to the right of the VON there will be a four digit number - this is the MMDD the truck was finished. The below is a clip from my window sticker and the build was completed on October 31st.

View attachment 11689

Awesome, thanks!

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also the grey sticker on the driver side door jam lists the date..

mrbuck

Reaction score

View attachment 11689
My truck was built the same day as yours!

Islandflyer

Reaction score
My 2020 says it's built two years from now.

Ps...I checked the door it says 06/20.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415-221910.png
    Screenshot_20230415-221910.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 39

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also have to realize it could take up to a month after the "build date" before it makes it to the dealer lot.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck had little Easter Eggs everywhere with the dates. Here’s a pic I took during delivery - that piece of paper was in one of the seatback pockets. There were several of them in the truck.

1681695808241.jpeg

23RAM

Reaction score
Lol I totally read all that wrong yesterday.
Yeah I thought mine was the 11th month of 2021 at first then I clued in and realized it was the 21st day of November in 2022. Arrived at the dealer mid-February.

St-na

Reaction score

View attachment 11689
Now I know when we have celebrate her birthday ;)

Users who are viewing this thread